Friday, May 8, 2015

(182) Princesses and Daddy's Little Monsters + links

By Sati. Friday, May 8, 2015

  • That scene is everything. I want to hug him so bad. 
  • Please say such things to me:
  • If something happens to Shireen I'm not gonna handle it. Don't take away his child!
  • Look! Two promo pics this week!:
  • I cannot wait for people to see Tyrion and Jorah and their big scene on Sunday. Non book readers will freak out so bad. Also I'm really warming up to Sansa - there's gonna be a scene of her with Boltons and she is actually sassing Ramsay with her mocking look which is seriously the best thing she has ever done on the show:
  • I've made this edit of Sansa just using the footage from Winterfell scenes in season 5.
  • Feels alert! It looks like the upcoming episode is gonna feature Stannis/Shireen goodbye scene. Hold me!
  • Meanwhile we had precious royal thing happening in the real world. There's a new princess! Did you guys see Prince George wave in front of the hospital? Oh my God!
  • And the princess! I really wanted them to name her Charlotte Diana and her name is Charlotte Elizabeth Diana!!! I wonder why George didn't go out with them when they left the hospital, maybe he is picking on his little sister already and doesn't like that she has all the attention? I really like the royal family especially Kate and William. The fact that we have prince George and actual little princess in the world right now is just too precious.
  • I actually managed to watch some movies this week. The Body, which was a great Spanish thriller with very good twist - not perfect since it had implausible elements - and the film was very well done. The story reminded me of Gone Girl a little bit because the movie also follows a cheating husband who might have killed his wife. I really highly recommend it. 
  • I also saw War because, well, Jason Statham was in it.
  • And finally It Follows. It was really a great movie, very chilling. The score and the cinematography were perfect and I adored all the nods to horror classics. I'm gonna try to review it soon.
  • So much has happened this week but one of the most important things is that after years of hoping  and waiting Harley Quinn will finally be brought to life and by Margot Robbie no less, who is just such a terrific choice. I love the first pictures of her and I'll see the movie just for her, but Leto's Joker also looks good. Check that sexiness out:
  •  I love that look and the official photo of her is obviously my avatar everywhere at the moment. Also her shirt says "Daddy's little monster". This is definitely my aesthetic.
  • Speaking of Leto, he was in my city this week for 30 Seconds of Mars concert and apparently he was walking on the route where I usually walk with Gustav to take him to hairdresser. There's even a photo of Leto in the spot where Gustav peed a while back. Also what the fuck is he wearing during that concert?
  • Return to Sender trailer with Rosamund Pike! Amy is back!
  • Also about Rosamund -  she is "in talks to board David Oyelowo’s passion project A United Kingdom, Deadline has learned. No deal has been done yet and there are still details to iron out but there is strong interest from both sides to make this work.A United Kingdom, which Pathe is financing, tells the true story of Prince Seretse Khama of Botswana, who caused an international stir when he married Ruth Williams, a white woman from London in the 1940’s. The much-in-demand Pike would play the role of the royal’s wife-to-be should the deal close. The interracial union was opposed by both their families, as well as the British government, the Tribal elders of Botswana and the apartheid government of South Africa. The couple would not be denied, overcoming huge obstacles to be together, including exile and the abdication of the throne. Their son, Ian Khama, is currently the democratically elected president of Botswana and the family is cooperating with the project." This is sounds like a great role for Ros and if she is in, I'm definitely gonna see this movie.
  • Kit Harington was on Graham Norton Show last Friday and he was so funny. Two other guests, which were also great were Matt LeBlanc and Rebel Wilson. Kit was asked if he picked up any acting tips from Joey Tribbiani:
  • So Joss Whedon...he was attacked by a bunch of girls on twitter over what he did with female characters in Age of Ultron. While they went too far with the insults Whedon is a fool. He essentially said that he was distracted by social media and that reflected on his work. But that's not all - he has the audacity to call a clip from Jurassic World misogynistic while in his movie all that was left for Widow to do was yell "love me and save me even though I cannot have kids therefore I'm unworthy" to Bruce and he had Scarlett Witch, who is on her own more powerful than the rest of Avengers combined, only stand up and fight after getting a go girl talk from Hawkeye. Oh my God Joss that feminism you depict is so fucking blinding it's like my vagina is getting x-rayed here.
  • But what Whedon did and the female rage that hit him will be nothing if the rumors about the next week's episode of Game of Thrones are true. This is not confirmed but very likely - Ramsay will consummate his marriage with Sansa and he will force Reek to be in the room and watch. For me the only way to remedy that whole Sansa in Winterfell plot is if she runs away before being raped by Ramsay. If that happens, well then I'm profoundly repulsed and to be honest absolutely mesmerized by D&D. The show received so much hate over the rape scene last season and now they are having another scene which will be a million times worse. I hope that if that scene is indeed what happens Sansa fans will blast them with the full might of "who do you think you are?/how dare you?!" rage.
  • Cannes film festival starts next week and we already got some excited pictures - especially from Sicario. I don't know why I'm getting Zero Dark Thirty vibes here but whatever the reason I hope - and think - this will be a lot better. You gotta love Emily Blunt.
  • We also got first pictures from Quentin Tarantino's new film Hateful Eight. It's wonderful seeing Jennifer Jason Leigh again:
  • m.brown reviews Unfriended
  • Ruth shares her Five for Fifth for May
  • Brittani and Anna recap recent episode of Game of Thrones 
  • Fisti shares his May Oscar Predictions
  • Alex features Vincent D'Onofrio in his In Character series
  • MettelRay shares her 5 favorite posts on her blog
  • Mariah reviews Avengers: Age of Ultron
  • RELATED POSTS:

    34 comments:

    1. *Sigh* You people are making it so hard for me to avoid Game of Thrones spoilers. :-P I need to check out The Body.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Well if it helps from RF you mostly just get spoiled about Stannis storyline :) It's excellent, hope you get to see it!

        Delete
    2. You mentioned that you're not going to be able to handle it if they lose Shireen, does that mean you get those extremely strong feelings from getting too emotionally invested in a single character as well? It's just that I've had this experience earlier this week (which I described in more detail on my own journal for Friday), not with Game of Thrones but for another very different but equally if not even more violent show called Banshee in which I got upset after they killed off my favorite character and couldn't even take watching the next episode (it certainly didn't help that I had a similar experience only two episodes earlier when they killed off my OTHER favorite character). I was hoping I could find some other people who have experienced these kinds of feelings so that I at least know I'm not the only one, and it sounds like you'd feel that way about Shireen.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I feel that way about Stannis, but if they kill his beloved daughter it will be like death for him too :/

        Delete
    3. I don't know, what was wrong with me, but I just recently joined Team Stannis in Season 5. Now I have to re-watch four seasons to see what I didn't see before!
      I'm looking forward to that dinner scene teased in the clip, mainly because I love all scenes with Roose Bolton. Kinda fear for Fat Walda cause pregnancy announcement are as bad as weddings in Westeros. And that Sansa stuff.. I have a mixed feelings.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. YAY Team Stannis! :)

        I hope nothing happens to Walda, she is sweet...for a Frey :) Roose trolling people is one of the best things in the show

        Delete
    4. Prince George is awesome.

      You liked It Follows.... YAY!!!!!

      Margot Robbie looks great as Harley Quinn. 30 Seconds to Mars still suck.

      I don't think Return to Sender will be any good. Why? 2 words: Shiloh Fernandez.

      The Hateful Eight.... please let there be a 70mm screening near my home. I need to see a film in 70mm once in my lifetime.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Well in any case Return to Sender has Rosamund as a tough chick so that's something to enjoy :)

        Delete
    5. (It's Canyu)
      Speaking of movies, I watched once again one of my favorite movies - A series of Unfortunate events. If you haven't seen it you absolutely must! The music and the cinematography are amazing and there's a really entertaining villain!

      Return to Sender looks like a must see as well! Pike needs an Oscar.

      Harley Quinn played by Margot Robbie? Is there possibly a better choice! She's so much fun!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh it's a lovely film, such great atmosphere and it looks fantastic. A shame they didn't make the sequels.

        Delete
    6. Jennifer Jason Leigh is so underrated and I've missed seeing her. She will be the reason I see Hateful Eight!
      If D&D go there with Sansa and Ramsey, they deserve all the blowback from Sansa fans. The Boltons cannot die soon enough for me. Oh and not a hair on Shireen's head better be harmed on this show.
      Margot Robbie looks great as Harley Quinn, I was not too sure about her casting, but I am liking what I am seeing.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm gonna love the hate they get for this. I'm starting to think they have a kink for Sansa being harmed, it's like whenever there is a psycho on the show sooner or later she will run into him

        Delete
    7. OMG that Stannis meme at the ned! lol

      I can't wait for Thrones on Sunday. Those scenes are going to be brilliant. I'm still terrified of 5.6 though. I do not want to see Sansa's wedding night.

      Robbie looks excellent as Harley Quinn. The Suicide Squad as a whole doesn't work for me at the moment, but she'll probably be the best part of it.

      I'm glad you liked It Follows. It's definitely one of my favorite recent horror movies.

      Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's gonna be so bad :/ Tumblr is gonna be so full of bitchiness when it happens/

        I'm seriously just interested in this because of the Joker and her :D I hope it does well and they adapt Mad Love it would make such an excellent movie

        Delete
    8. Oh, and another "fuck what Whedon does with females" rant. He thought Wanda needed a motivator to join the Avengers, so there went Pietro. Normally I'd be happy for the woman NOT dying for a man's mainpain, but how stupid is that? She was already fighting with them and the other Avengers would've gotten on their knees and begged for both Twins to stay.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. He just wanted to kill someone and didn't have the balls to kill one of the existing Avengers :/

        Delete
    9. After D&D have continually disappointed me, especially last season, if they do include the scene with Sansa and Ramsay you were talking about, I'm going to fucking love watching the Sansa lovers attack the shit out of them.

      Margot Robbie looks flawless. Did you see that movie she was in with Will Smith? Apparently it was really bad, but I might watch it just for Margot.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh God yes Focus is ridiculous but she manages to be good in it, very good actress!

        Delete
    10. SO much was going on this week.. and I almost didn't even manage to catch on with anything - work really sucks you in especially when there are so many new challenges to take on.. Anyway, thank you so much for the link and that Jared Leto and Gustav connection will remain forever embedded in my brain! :D

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Gustav is connected to celebrities as he is one too :P

        Delete
    11. Hmm, you've got me really curious now about where the Tyrion/Jorah storyline is going. I was really excited to see Jorah make his return, and I'm hoping he sticks around.

      Has Harley Quinn seriously never been in a live action movie before? Wow. Margot Robbie looks great!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yep, she was never in a live action movie! It's madness she is such a fun character.

        Hope you'll like tonight's GoT!

        Delete
    12. Hi Sati! I hope you're well. Many thanks for the link! You hit the nail on the head about the Whedon debacle. What in the world was Whedon thinking? You described the worst parts of the film for me. That whole Hawkeye/Scarlett Witch talk was more than I could bear. I can't believe that someone actually signed off on that crappy scene or the Black Widow..."I can't be a mother" scene.

      Thank you for your wonderful Thrones reviews over the last few weeks. I am finally done with classes and I'm going to be catching up on Thrones. In the meantime, i've been coming to your site every Monday, knowing that you will have a full recap when I couldn't watch the show.

      Thanks for the warning about the Sansa rape scene. I just can't handle watching that right now.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It was so bad, worse it was completely forgettable. The way they treated female characters in the movie was such a misfire.

        Awesome, glad that recaps are useful! I really hope that Sansa scene is just a rumour, but it appears it's gonna happen :/

        Delete
    13. The Body sounds interesting. Might have to give that one a go. Robbie looks good as Harley Quinn. Leto's Joker still doesn't look quite right to me, though. Have to actually see the movie to see if it works, though. And I'm waiting anxiously on Hateful Eight.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I hope you check it out, it's really a good movie. I hope Suicide Squad is good - I want more Harley movies :)

        Delete
    14. I'm looking forward to It Follows, and I can't wait for Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn!

      A United Kingdom sounds intriguing. Hopefully, Pike can join the project.

      Emily Blunt and Jennifer Jason Leigh forever!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm dying to see what Robbie does with this role :)

        Delete
    15. First, love that Harley avatar! I'm getting excited for this movie.

      I love that Leto walked over your dog's pee spot...and I love you gushing over the Princess!!!

      I really want to see The Body now...and Pike's new movie sounds incredible!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's already Furiosa now ^^ I'm waiting for better outfits for Harley, a bit too colorful for me

        I think you'd like The Body!

        Delete
    16. Can't wait to read your take on It Follows! I'm so glad you liked it. I'm also paralyzed with laughter by your Whedon comments. It's all so freaking crazy...

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I really hope I'll get a moment to write that review, it's so chaotic lately with everything :/

        Whedon is the worst :/

        Delete
    17. Hey thanks for the link! I can't WAIT to see Robbie as Harley Quinn.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! I'm so psyched for Harley finally being in a feature film. I hope it's not gonna be a crap movie :)

        Delete