Friday, May 15, 2015

(183) Stannis love goes mainstream and the adventures of Boo and Pistol + links

By Sati. Friday, May 15, 2015
  • I can't get over how hot he is. And so adorable! I can't with this show.
  • Look at that:
  • How are you real, sir? The cloak, the majestic everything...
  • Also the hilarious outrage over Sam! I love what he did there!
  • This week no Stannis in the upcoming episode, but I'll just stare at those gifs....
  • ...and that promo pic. Rawr.
  • Still it takes me back to one year ago to these long weeks between episodes where there were no new Stannis scenes in sight. 
  • It was hell.
  • You know how I'm about one of 10 people gifing Stannis scenes? And how Buzzfeed recently keeps linking to my site and tumblr because apparently they found this Black Swan hidden images thing I did and now they figured my websites are a good resource for awesome stuff? 
  • Well check out this Stannis article. You may recognize some of the gifs...Also it's the most accurate thing ever written in the history of the world.
  • To those 2 or 3 lost souls who responded to buzzfeed with 'eww' - your taste is literally so shit I can smell it reeking from here. Please never breed with whatever adolescent looking guy you find attractive. Your species needs to die out.
  • Carice van Houten said this about Stephen in Q&A when she was asked to describe him "brilliant, peculiar, funny". Ah, my feels. 
  • Here we go - new trailer for True Detective season 2 is really very intriguing
  • Christina Hendricks is no longer a redhead. Hold me.
  • Meanwhile she is gonna star in new Refn's movie entitled The Neon Demon. The film has Ellen Fanning as a lead and here are the first pictures:
  • I'd ask the gods for it to be better than Only God Forgives, but really, is it even possible for something to be worse?
  • We got two new Crimson Peak trailers. I'm still not sure about the color palette but Hiddleston and Chastain look awesome.
  •  Guillermo’s big note was that Hiddleston shouldn’t just go right into the big kiss, but be more tentative. “Yes, of course. It is the first one, after all,” Hiddleston replied. Then added “Like Will Smith says in Hitch: Go 90% and let them come 10%.” 
  • This is all very promising.
  • The new poster is fucking awful, though.
  • Finally we have footage from Macbeth! It looks good, especially Fassbender's work. Which better be amazing after that crap that was The Counselor. Ew.
  • Meanwhile, in Cannes, The Lobster got raves and Sea of Trees got booed.
  • We also got Canadian trailer for Dark Places and the movie opens in US in August:
  •  Charlize is also in Mad Max: Road Fury which is getting amazing reviews, hell I saw it called the finest action movie since The Matrix, in some cases since Terminator 2. That is insanely high praise so I'm gonna try seeing it after work next Friday.
  • New batch of Harley Quinn pictures! Oh my!:
  • I finally saw Ex-Machina this week. It was...good. But there was really nothing outstanding about it so I'm quite baffled about the hype. The film didn't really offer anything new, both in terms of the story and execution. Anyways since I have trouble finding time to start writing the review for It Follows, which I adored, I'm not gonna do a piece on Ex-Machina.
  • Natalie Portman has signed on a bunch of new projects including the ones where she will be playing Jacqueline Kennedy and Ruth Ginsburg. Good for her, as long as she stops saying stupid things. Check the links section to find out more.
  • Jesus Christ! Have you guys heard of this whole thing with Johnny Depp's dogs - Boo and Pistol? Apparently they didn't go through quarantine and the Australian government threatened to kill them. I'm not gonna comment on Depp's irresponsible behavior here but this dude from the government? What kind of a sick fuck do you have to be to tell two Yorkies to "piss off" and threaten to kill them? I'm repulsed.
  • The whole thing really blew up to international incident proportions - apparently the dogs were taken by the officials when they were returning from the visit to the stylists. Also a private jet was sent for them to bring them back to safety - stuff I heard about at 6 AM here today, in Poland, in our main news station.  And it's election week.
  • I don't think this is disproportional at all. If Gustav were in danger I'd literally go to space to rescue him. Then again I'd never put my boo boo bear in such a dangerous situation.
  •  Speaking of the election week. It's about whether we get a new president or the old one is re-elected. The old one is smug and useless and has accomplished nothing, his party stole so much and didn't improve shit. He's catholic. The new guy is from the party that strongly believes our former president was assassinated by the Russians, he himself has not said it and appears somewhat normal - as normal as a guy who is against marijuana for medical use (did I mention it is illegal here?) and in vitro can appear. He is even more catholic than our current president. So do I vote for the guy who does nothing while 1/3 of my salary goes for taxes? Or do I vote for the crazies just so I can see these smug thieves in power and those fucking journalists who are such sycophants - we don't have impartial media here - shit themselves because the free ride is over? And all of that ignoring the fact that I may vomit giving a vote for any kind of catholic whether he is just not doing anything about gay people rights or belongs to a party that sees them as inferior? Or do I make a protest and add invalid vote by drawing something on the card? The Iron Throne? A Penis? The Iron Throne made out of penises? Ah, the abundance of options. Ah, democracy.
  •  Check it out. They're not even pretending he is someone you shouldn't be hot for anymore:
  • Also Gordon Ramsay is gonna guest star in season 3! Brilliant.
  • Lindsay and Flixchatter review Mad Max: Fury Road
  • Brittani and Anna recap new Game of Thrones
  • Thaddeus reviews Foxcatcher
  • Alex lists 46 things he loves about Spring Breakers
  • BigScreenSmallWords reviews The Skeleton Twins
  • Andrew comments on some dumb stuff that came out of Portman and RDJ's mouth lately
  • MettelRay reviews Age of Ultron
  • ...and finally my favorite blogger m.brown celebrates TwoDollarCinema 4th anniversary!
  • RELATED POSTS:

    40 comments:

    1. I loved that new True Detective trailer, McAdams is such a badass with that knife. And thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! cannot wait for TD!

        Delete
    2. Lots of stuff to chew on in this piece. Love the Harley Quinn pics, Really curious about Macbeth. Johnny Depp's dogs...um...I'm not a dog person at all, but that's still messed up. Sounds like one hell of an election. And did I read correctly? 1/3 of your salary for taxes? Wow.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yep, the tax thing is awful here. I don't earn that much to begin with but I know people who make half of what I do, I have no idea how they manage to live on that

        Delete
    3. Actually, you pay closer to 50% of what you make to the Polish government. Apart from the Income tax you forgot about the Value Added Tax (23%), then there's gasoline tax, tax on cigarettes, property taxes, pretty much on everything... In Bulgaria it's pretty much the same thing. If were a president I'd cut taxes. A lot. That's the best cure again corruption (and poverty). Isn't there anyone who proposes tax cuts? But then it would be more obvious if they plan to steal.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. The taxes here are ridiculous. Nobody in the government wants to make the cuts because it's less money for them :/

        Delete
      2. Actually, in the US every time the economy boomed was due to a large tax cut and revenue actually increased, because they eased company and job creation so the tax base to grew dramatically. So with tax cuts it will actually be more money for them and everyone else really. Sadly not many people know these facts (except for American politicians so I salute the US for figuring it out).

        Delete
      3. I think it will all just explode one day and something will be done, because without catastrophe no one ever changes anything.

        Delete
      4. This is the case usually.

        Delete
    4. I'm so psyched for True Detective. That new trailer looks great.

      That Johnny Depp dog thing is so ridiculous. I have no words.

      I love that Stannis list Buzzfeed put out. He still doesn't have enough fans.

      Thanks for the link :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! Stannis' fanbase keeps growing with each episode! :)

        Delete
    5. The trailer for True Detective is awesome as is Crimson Peak.

      I'm stoked for The Neon Demon as my darling Jena is in the film.

      Johnny Depp is losing it.

      Margot Robbie is hot as Harley Quinn.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Depp has lost it a while ago, thank God the dogs are all right, though.

        Delete
    6. The grammar correction part was amazing. I had to rewatch it because I couldn't believe I heard it right the first time.

      I'm trying to stay away from everything True Detective related so I wouldn't have any idea what it's about going into it. Something I do with many movies as well. But I'm excited, I actually like Colin in general.

      Also wondering whether I should catch up with Hannibal.. it kind of got out of control for me somewhere mid season 2 or so? Can't even remember but the new posters are drawing me in god damn it.

      Thanks for the link btw!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think that these trailers are so vague even if you watched them you'd have no idea what is happening ^^

        Hannibal is a hot mess, all that pseudo philosophical talk is awful and Michael Pitt was embarrassingly bad, but hey, it's still look gorgeous and this season is gonna have Richard Armitage :)

        Delete
    7. The 1 min clip I saw from Sea of Trees(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvDsX2uuNW0) looked bad, overacting from McConaughey. If the film plays out that way I'm not surprised it got booed at Cannes.
      Can't wait to see The Lobster & Mad Max: Road Fury

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh yeah that clip was freaking terrible :/ I feel bad for Matt

        Delete
    8. I'm excited for the new season of True Detective, I can't wait to see how it turns out and whether it's at par with the first season. I'm also excited for Macbeth, hopefully it's a good film. Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! cannot wait for first Cannes reactions about Macbeth

        Delete
    9. Beautiful post as always! The True Detective trailer got me pumped up on that dark brood. I like angry Vince Vaughn. That Dark Places trailer is a bit lackluster. It's obviously not giving any greatness vibes. I recently saw Ex Machina as well. I was aware of the hype going in. That said, it blew me away. I found it incredibly new, especially in the ways of story and execution. No science fiction movies are like this these days. At least, not the ones I'm exposed to.

      Christina Hendricks is a goddess.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! I don't know, I just found Ex-Machina a bit dull in terms of how it looked and where the story went. Maybe now we don't have many sci-fi films but there is plenty from the past few years that were either visually or when it came to narrative much better, imho.

        Delete
    10. Drive wasn't written by Refn and Only God Forgives was only written by Refn. Let's just hope that he has a good co-writer.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Well, Bronson & Pusher were co-wrote by Refn and both are pretty good, he also wrote the other two Pusher films and they're also good. There's hope for the new movie xD

        Delete
      2. Yes, but comparing Bronson & Pusher (which were good) with Drive (which was great) isn't fair and both were co-wrote by other writers, Mary Laws never wrote a screenplay before.

        Delete
      3. Well. to me it suffice that he wrote OGF. That was so horrible. So very horrible.

        Delete
      4. Budai I actually liked Bronson more than Drive, but I get what you're saying. Let's hope the new movie is good, and we all can enjoy it xD

        Delete
    11. I'm so incredibly happy with the choices that McAdams has made these past few years. Loved her ever since Mean Girls.

      As a dog owner and lover, I agree that Depp was acting irresponsibly, but that official... I swear. That was horrific.

      Stannis! Buzzfeed made another list recently, ranking the men of GoT by thirst. I think you can also re-rank it or something like that.

      I'm so excited for Crimson Peak and The Neon Demon. Elle Fanning looks mesmerising.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I really hope The Neon Demon is good. I read some spoilery plot info last night and it sounds so fascinating. Hopefully it's not gonna be boring, this is the danger with Refn's films.

        Delete
    12. I hope they let the Stannis love grow for a while longer, at least another season, his potential to be super awesome is now astronomical! He's also the sexiest grammar nazi ever, that bit was so on point and he looked so beautiful during that scene, Stephen's face is so well put together! Now that he has a fur cloak too and he's riding horses more often, I don't see how anyone with good taste can honestly say he isn't hot. Lol that buzzfeed post is super accurate although I could add to it and they even used 2 of my gifs,I felt useful haha. Oh and I'm glad u enjoyed that gif set at the end of your post, it was literally the first thing I thought when watching that scene,too cute not to gif, that and that Jon seemed like a puppy whose "daddy" was going away for a while, leaving him all alone. I hope they meet again, in Winterfell, with the battle over and won(yes, naive dreams, I know!).

      I hadn't even bothered paying attention to the Mad Max movie and now I've suddenly been hearing it premiered and has these rave reviews and it's positive for women and all that, I've gone from not caring to wanting to see it badly, I hope it really is good!

      Lol your politics sounds fun like the one in my country, not in a good way. The shitfest that was the Presidential election in Romania last November is epic, not because of the winner, cause for the first time we actually had one candidate who is right for the job and he won, but because of the voting itself and the other major candidate being so horrible in general(still our Prime Minister too lol). Since here they've finally started charging a lot of politicians with corruption and other such things, some are already serving jail terms or in preventive custody, I can tell u that seeing corrupt, no good, smug a'holes ,who thought they are above and beyond the law, locked up and dragged in courts, is quite satisfying, you can almost eat popcorn and cheer on such images on the news so that would also be something if one of the candidates could bring such people down.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh you make Stannis gifs too? Awesome! God the eternal struggle with brightening of the footage is insane!

        I was more focused on Avengers and it turned out to be so forgettable :/ Mad Max seems to be the best blockbuster of the year.

        We seem to be a long way behind US in terms of politics, in general here in Europe. It's really quite awful, hopefully during my lifetime something will change for the better

        Delete
    13. Hey thanks for the link Margaret!

      Heh, those people who went 'ewww' on Stannis obviously can't appreciate people who are like fine wine where they get better w/ age. Dillane looks great in the pics you have here, he certainly has screen charisma and a certain regal-ness about him. Btw, I saw a couple of episodes of Penny Dreadful during my break as there's cable at the hotel and I was swooning over Timothy Dalton who's even older than my dad than any of the youngsters on that show, so I can totally relate.

      The buzz over Mad Max: Road Fury is well, mad! I don't know when I'll see it, probably next weekend so the cinema isn't so packed. I sure hope it lives up to the hype!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        I really need to start Penny Dreadful again, I only saw first four episodes.

        It opens here this Friday so I'm gonna see it then :)

        Delete
    14. True Detective season 2, Macbeth, and The Lobster look wonderful. Looking forward to Mad Max: Fury Road as well.

      I'm not sure what to expect with The Neon Demon, but I can't wait!

      Glad you liked Ex Machina. I was surprised I loved it so much.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I liked Ex-Machina a lot but I think it's a bit overrated

        Delete
    15. Jesus christ. Hendricks looks amazing.
      The Crimson Peak trailers are doing nothing for me, I bet Mia is going to regret dropping out of Carol to do this instead.

      What did you think of Alicia Vikander in Ex Machina?

      I'm sure you know how happy I am with all the Portman news! About time she got to work.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Mia was going to be in Carol? Well I prefer Rooney so I'm glad she dropped out ^^

        She was good, but I though Isaac was a stand out both in terms of character and performance

        Delete
    16. Sorry this took so long. Was out of town all weekend and away from a computer. Alas, thanks for the link love!

      Hendricks is so hot. My bestie and I were talking about her this weekend. Like...UGH! So hot.

      I have hope for Neon Demon mostly because I love Fanning and I know that Refn has talent and can produce something great, but his last film was atrocious.

      That Depp story is a mess. Like, WTF. Save the dogs, get rid of Depp...

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. No worries, I'm swamped myself!

        I wish she was still a redhead, though...I bet this new color is for The Neon Demon, I hope it's gonna be good the premise sounds awesome

        Exactly! :D

        Delete
    17. Oh my god, the dogs thing. Barnaby Joyce is a freaking idiot but lots of people here agreed with him because bringing animals here without quarantining them is a huge thing. I think Barnaby Joyce is just a brutish idiot though and a huge embarrassment. Australia's government is a joke, I was tempted to draw Iron Thrones made of dicks on our voting papers as well.

      Also Stannis' grammar love makes me love him more.

      Thank you for the linkage! :D

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think this is a fair concern, but really how many diseases can Depp's two Yorkies which live in luxury have?:D

        You're welcome!

        Delete