Friday, June 5, 2015

(186) Ah, pervy subconsciousness + links

By Sati. Friday, June 5, 2015

  •  First of all everyone needs to stand the fuck up and give a round of applause to Alex who has saw ENTIRE 4 seasons and the episodes of 5th season of Game of Thrones that aired so far in one week. 48 Game of Thrones episodes. In ONE week. Now I don't think anyone will get offended when I say Alex knows - and most likely saw - more than all of us combined so when he says he likes the show - which he did - this is the highest praise. I'm so psyched my psychotic non-stop ramblings about the show which have been going on here and on my twitter FOR YEARS actually got someone to watch the show. This is so awesome!
  • I'm so proud of myself. I got a good person to spend their week watching a show that features stabbing a pregnant woman in the stomach, rape, murder, more rape, more murder and Starks being fucked over since episode 1 while Boltons dine in Winterfell. And now Alex will also know the pain of waiting 10 goddamn months for the next season after the finale airs in 9 days.
  • I saw The Drop. Can I have him please? I don't mean the dog.
  • Can I sleep on your leg? I won't do anything naughty.
  • That was a lie.
  • ...
  • The film was really quite unique as was Hardy's character. Noomi Rapace was so lucky in this movie. Also the ending was so brilliant! not sure why people think it was ambiguous, it's obvious what happened.
  • I also rewatched Inception. You know that is actually a decent movie if everything you do while watching it is lusting after Hardy.
  • Soundtrack for Game of Thrones tracklist got released this week and the digital score drops this Tuesday. There is a track Mother's Mercy - for the last two years the last track of the episode is the titular track. It has quite creepy vibe and very sad version of Rains playing - and it's not the track for the Walk which must be Atonement - let's hope this one also closes the episode and accompanies a Mother who is most certainly not a Lannister but there is a very good reason to have Rains playing in her track.
  • Guys listen to the sample for it here - and now listen to this. Have I gone completely barshit or does the base sound sound the same? It does, doesn't it? 
  • For the love of God make it happen I'm going insane for the third time.
  • OMG JON in that last episode was so badass. But Tormund won the episode:
  • DAZNAK IN 2 DAYS! That's right we are 2 days away from one of the most iconic moments from the books:
  •  Do you guys wanna get hype? This has the potential to be more epic than Hardhome. I'm fucking serious. If they did it right and had the budget this will be the most epic scene on the show yet.
  • Also Stannis is gonna be in this episode! But Ramsay is gonna raid his camp....please don't hurt my baby or Davos or Shireen! But go ahead and burn them two crazy bitches. 
  • I think my subconsciousness sensed that I was kinda cheating on Stephen with Tom lately and you know what happened? I had a sex dream about Stephen last night. 
  • I won't go into details. Google would probably shut down this site if I did. 
  • But it was excellent.
  • Check out my comments on Brittani's review. Yep, hilarious stuff and not at all creepy.
  • oh my God that Macbeth trailer!
  • That cinematography is incredible. And Michael and Marion both look fantastic in their roles. 
  • Rumour has it Jason Statham may be Bullseye in the next season of Daredevil. Oh God. Please make it happen! Though it appears Jason is not a big fan of super hero movies.
  • I'm gonna see Spy next week and I'm so super psyched for it. Jason hasn't been in proper comedy since Snatch and it's one of my all time favorite movies. And I love Melissa! She is great. The film is getting such good reviews too.
  • Meanwhile Emily Blunt is gonna star in the adaptation of The Girl on a Train which sounds very intriguing. I'm gonna start reading the book tomorrow.
  • I am currently enjoying my five days off work, which means that since I'm gonna go to work on Tuesday - and inevitably find out everyone was looking for me and wondering how the hell did I have the audacity to take whole 2 days off work - I can sleep in on Monday which means for the first time in this season I'll be able to watch Thrones live. With my luck either the stream will die or the whole fucking electricity blows up in the neighborhood. But let's hope that doesn't happen.
  • Andrew and Josh make their monthly Oscar predictions
  • Wendell reviews The Drop 
  • Dan reviews Spy
  • Brittani recaps recent episodes of Game of Thrones and Veep
  • m.brown reviews The Boy Next Door
  • Courtney lists top reasons to see Mad Max: Fury Road 
  • MettelRay reviews The Voices
  • Check out Ruth's June edition of Five for Fifth
  • Thaddeus reviews wonderful Wild
  • RELATED POSTS:

    36 comments:

    1. Yaaaayyy!!! I have so much more to say for your RF's now! First off, thanks for those first two paragraphs. Very kind of you. And yes, you were pretty much the sole influence I had in watching this show. All because of you!

      Loved Tormund in last week's episode, but those final four gifs... that was my favorite moment. That "Ohhh fuuuuck" was priceless. And I cannot wait for Sunday's episode. So damn excited. I love that I'm excited for Game of Thrones now! But yeah, definitely not looking forward to taking 10 months off from it. Yuck.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I almost feel like I should apologize for getting you involved in light of all the horrific things you saw in the show and all the horrific things you are about to see :)

        Well there is a very good book moment this week that's gonna be epic but I suspect it won't be what people will talk about tomorrow. You chose a hell of a week to join the audience :P

        Delete
    2. Awww those gifs with the dog are so adorable, they're both so cute!
      Also, shock and awe, I loved Inception, it had some boring moments but as a whole I thought it was rather interesting and most of the main characters were charismatic to me so..good fun. Hardy's character was definitely one of the highlights.

      OMG OMG OMG OMG please don't make me hope too much for LS, I am way too stressed about Stannis' fate to get hyped for this and then have major heartbreak from all sides, it's just best not to trust D&D at this point, even after Hardhome, that battle was INSANEEEELY EPIC! I can say the same about the Dany part but that is only because I guess they spent a whole lot of money on that battle. However, thinking about it, there's a good chance because you know they're not going to spend so much on whatever battle there is between Stannis and Ramsay and they always make sure to have some money for cool dragon scenes so I don't think they'll change the scene much, unless they scrape it entirely or something, for creative/plot reasons.
      At this point though, I only really care about Stannis, everyone can die, anything can happen, I am desperate enough to be completely devoid of any sentiment towards anything and anyone that isn't Stannis(and Shireen). I'm afraid that, with the comments made by Liam and Carice, that stuff about something happening that is worse than the Red Wedding or whatever, something horrible and painful will happen and in no way good for Stannis cause if Ramsay died no one would be terribly shocked or anything. Oh God, I hope he doesn't die, I'm a mess! Ugh, that bitch Melisandre is going to outlive him and I don't want that. Ideally, I want him to live for one more season, or part of it at least and then Melisandre can do her thing with Jon and bite the dust first.But I'm thinking at least one Baratheon will have their head on a spike, cause D&D hate them. I don't even want to see the next 2 eps.

      Lol must have been quite a dream, better not abandon the one true king, especially if he provides such fun times in dream land! Ok now I have that full frontal scene he did, in front of my eyes, best go put my crazy to rest!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I know what happens in tonight episode and I genuinely feel so bad for our entire fanbase at the moment :/ I think I'm actually out of Stannis camp after tonight episode airs unless there is something redeeming spoilers didn't mention but I doubt that

        Delete
      2. Well, tbh, I can't hate on Stannis, even this OOC version ,because it's canon on the show he loves Shireen a lot so he is not doing this cause he's evil, he's not doing it cause he doesn't have feelings, he's just doing it because he will literally sacrifice everything. The real problem here is not his character but rather the way he reacts to stimuli, the way he makes decisions ,the way he gives in to desperation and insanity, that is totally OOC and what leads to this horrible thing happening. It doesn't mean he won't be a broken man who will hate himself even more, he's a victim too in this. I feel really sad that everyone's going to hate him now and then he's gonna' die and no one will care ,a pathetic death as a broken man who really never fought for his own good(duty is responsibility not privilege and he was basically fighting for his right to having that responsibility, a burden in the end, even on the show it was like this, even if perhaps not made that clear).
        Maybe, just maybe, Selyse or Davos will stop this. Something has to happen for Melisandre to go to the Wall and be there in the 10th episode, maybe she gets banished, has a revelation,something. Kerry Ingram is part of the cast for ep 10, maybe she won't just be playing dead, although with D&D...

        Delete
      3. It's really the writers fault. The set up for this was not well executed at all, I mean it's so freaking lazy and horribly written to have some fire in the camp in quick scene and have this huge thing just thrown at us 20 minutes later. It's such an appalling writing.

        I wouldn't go by imdb cast list, these things are hugely unreliable

        Delete
    3. Tom Hardy with a dog is adorable. He really was great in Mad Max: Fury Road and allowing himself to let the ladies do all the big stuff and he's just being cool with it.

      Macbeth looks awesome!!!!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hardy did some awesome action things in Fury Road, though :)

        It really does, I so hope it's gonna be good!

        Delete
    4. I'm glad I'm finally caught up on GoT as well, although it took me a month and not a week :) I'll be really curious as to how the next episode pans out in comparison to the book...looking forward to your recap!!!

      Glad you liked The Drop! I saw it in theaters and remember being impressed with it as a whole.

      Thanks for the link :D

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! I barely remember the scene from the book since I read it so long ago but I'm sure Daznak will be incredible. It's the other stuff that I'm worried about ^^

        Delete
    5. Go Alex! I'm so excited for Daznak's. Why is it only Saturday?

      I can't stop thinking about that track. I know we're probably going to be let down, but it's nice to hope.

      I forgot the Macbeth trailer dropped. I need to go watch that. It's a little embarrassing how I've forgotten that book even though I know I read it for school.

      Thanks for the links, both of them. Especially the pervy comment one lol

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! And in light of what happens in tonight's episode..I think the later we see it the better for us :/

        Delete
    6. I still have not watched Inception...I guess that means I have a life? (Nah, probably not). Though there's one track called 'Time' which sound great, so I'm looking forward to hearing it in the movie.

      When I started watching Thrones I really wanted to get into it, so I watched the first season in matter of 5 days (2 episodes a day) and intended to the same with the second one. When 1x09 happened I had already realized this wasn't going to be a good policy and 3x09 confirmed further it...




      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. "Time" is really lovely, the soundtrack is one of the better things about the movie

        I saw the first season in one night but I don't think I could handle all the seasons in one week, it's just so emotionally draining

        Delete
    7. I listened to Mother's Mercy… I am so desperate for Stoneheart it's kind of scary. I'm hoping I'm not setting myself up for disappointment. Only thing that would make no Stoneheart worse is the attack on Stannis… keep him, Davos and Shireen safe. I might skin a bitch if Melisandre outlives them.

      So so excited for Macbeth too. Did you see the trailers for Suffragette, Mistress America and Everest? Any thoughts? I liked them all, but Everest was kind of meh for me.

      Ooooh have fun watching Spy! Super psyched for that.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh man, today's episode is gonna be so bad for you :/

        I haven't seen any of those, I usually watch them in bulk once a month or if they air before the movie when I'm in cinema :)

        Delete
    8. You continue proving that you are the gif Queen. Great work, as usual. Hardy can do no wrong (except This Means War, of course). He is the man. Thanks for the link!!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! Ah, i found him quite charming in This Means War :)

        Delete
    9. Less than 10 days from now we'll find out if Stoneheart is in or not (please for the love of the Lord of Light let her be in it!!!)

      I'm purposefully avoiding any/all trailers for stuff I'm already anticipating for to avoid spoilers or shots that I'd like to see for the first time in the film. Can't say it's successful as I watched Macbeth, The Walk, and Everest's trailers. I have no self control :'(

      I'll watch anything Emily Blunt is in and this one seems intriguing unlike that Snow White reboot spinoff. But alas, like you have your hardy, I have my obsession with Blunt :')


      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I usually don't have the time to even see all the recent trailers but I also track down everything about my most anticipated films :)

        Ah didn't know you loved Blunt this much! Did you see Gideon's Daughter and My Summer of Love? Excellent early films with her

        Delete
      2. I was about to see My Summer of Love today as I only found a copy of the film yesterday. It's not the official one but then again, obscure films films like these won't be found in my local DVD shop. Can't seem to find Gideon's Daughter though :'( . My most recent Blunt film is The Jane Austen Book Club. As an Austen fan, this was an absolute treat for me and Blunt as Prudie was simply amazing. Great character arc from start to finish.

        Delete
      3. I haven't seen The Jane Austen Book Club yet but I heard good things about it, I really need to see it some time

        Delete
    10. I hope you like The Girl on the Train. I didn't love it, but it was a solid, entertaining mystery. I think they shouldn't have hyped it so much by comparing it to Gone Girl. I bet Emily Blunt will do a great job in the film adaptation. I am definitely up for that.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I only read about 10% so far but I really like it!

        Delete
    11. Thanks for the link Margaret!

      WOW, 48 Game of Thrones episodes in a ONE week! Congrats Alex! :) I wish I had the discipline!

      Love that you're crushing on Tom Hardy, he's VERY crush-worthy. I love him since Rocknrolla, he's SOOOO good in it, so sexy AND funny!

      YES on Emily Blunt casting, love that girl so any casting news of hers is good news in my book!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        I like his look the best in Locke :)

        Delete
    12. J'adore Tom Hardy. I loved him in 'Inception.' That was the movie I first took note of him. He was quite dapper in that film. And he was perfect as 'Mad Max.' His voice...was just...so...

      ReplyDelete
    13. That Macbeth trailer is EVERYTHING! Like, I can't wait for that...stunning, and you know my feelings on Cotillard!

      Thanks for the link, too :-D

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! Macbeth looks fantastic!

        Delete
    14. I've never seen GOT but damn that's a binge watch!
      I am so so so excited about the Macbeth trailer too!
      I did see Spy and it was pretty good and I'd say Statham is almost the reason to watch - the funny is so unexpected from it you love it all the more.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I've loved Jason's work in Guy Ritchie's early movies, Snatch being one of my all time favorite films, so I'm just so thrilled he did comedy again :)

        Delete
    15. Thanks for the link...and those oh-so-adorable Hardy gifs. So dreamy!

      I don't know anything about the book, but I will stand in line for anything featuring Blunt. She's fantastic.

      Alright...I'm off to read your Mad Max post!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        Hardy is so dreamy indeed <3 He should have a dog in every movie though it's a good thing there were no dogs in Fury Road I have a feeling if they were it would lead to something seriously horrific

        Delete
    16. Thanks for the link! :)

      The Drop was overlooked, but I loved the performances, especially Hardy's.

      Bring on Macbeth! It looks amazing!

      Oh, Blunt and Statham are intriguing casting choices for those projects. Loved Statham in Spy by the way!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        I'm seeing Spy tomorrow and I'm so psyched!

        Delete