Friday, July 10, 2015

(191) The cute prince, the evil director, the ant and the Con + links

By Sati. Friday, July 10, 2015
  • Princess' Charlotte's christening was last Sunday! Have you guys seen Prince George?
  • Oh my God, he is the most adorable child. He was waving at his subjects again which is like seriously the cutest thing ever.
  • I just love George's fuck that attitude and in the contrast, how dignified his sister already is
  • You know who is not lovable? Apparently Alejandro Gonzalez Inarittu is horrible to work with. I have read many stories of drama and trouble on The Revenant set but the one with Hardy either chocking him or punching Inarittu in the dick - there are many versions - is hands down my favorite.
  • (who cares he is such a sweetheart):
  • Last week I saw the snowman the crew of the movie built that is apparently supposed to be Inarittu. 
  • You've gotta see that shit -------------------->
  • Apparently people were quitting left and right because he is such an asshole. I envy Americans who have the ability to quit when their boss is a piece of shit. Here the job market just doesn't allow it. I could quit on principle...and starve to death because... poverty. Win win? 
  • Speaking of The Revenant, I read the latest script for the movie last week and holy shit will it be intense. There is stuff in it, including crawling inside a dead horse, which is just shocking. The whole thing is very gritty and brutal and kinda reminded me of what would western be like if it was in a setting as uncompromising as The Road. It's much more eventful, though, but it seems to me DiCaprio will be silent for a huge chunk of the movie.
  • Obviously something awful happens to Hardy in the story, because I cannot have nice things.
  • I just hope at some point of this movie he takes off hist shirt.
  • I read a blind item gossip this week that apparently there is this big producer who wants to make an actress into the next big thing so she is fake dating an older actor. Most people say it's Alicia Vikander and Fassbender. Well if that is the case - ew. Not to dating Fassy but to, you know, what's this expression I'm looking for....whoring yourself for fame.
  • Well if it's true than we have another JLaw on our hands here. She was actually on Conan a while back and kept wiping her nose with her hand. Such class.
  • It looks like Hannibal is dead. That show has the most rabid fans so it's always fun seeing their denial that "the best show on TV'(oh my God...) was canceled". I am quite disappointed in Bryan Fuller, though. What I admired about the guy was that he was so involved and devoted to each and every one of his creations and it looks that the deal with Amazon (or Netflix, was it?) fell through because Fuller is doing some other project called American Gods and would not be available to bring Hannibal for the next 2 years. It's kinda an equivalent of a spoiled child finding a more shiny new toy and just abandoning the old one. Unfortunately there is a bunch of disgruntled, whining fans attached to the latter.
  • I really need to catch up with it, though. Shirtless Armitage shows up in 2 episodes, after all/
  • People keep telling me to watch Mr Robot? What is that show? Where did it come from?
  • I started rewatching The Sopranos because it's awesome. My God this show is just so timeless. Pine Barrens? It's still one of the greatest episodes in TV history.
  •  Ant-Man looks kinda fun!
  •  I may actually go see it. I desperately need to go to movie theatre and for 2 hours forget about my job, tons of stuff I have to study and how much I'd just love to say fuck it, do none of it and just catch up on more Conan episodes.
  • Jesus, I'm still catching up with spring episodes! And currently Conan is doing Comic Con episodes so I need to catch up fast. This is really priceless:
  • I love him so much I'm even gonna see Hunger Games panel he hosted. I'm just gonna need to mute it every time JLaw opens her trap.
  • Today on Con Thrones has its annual panel and for the first time I really don't give a fuck what they have to say and what they will announce. This show is dead to me.
  • So we have Elektra for Netflix's Daredevil season 2. Why can't they cast someone famous? Also really,  Playlist? Mentioning her in Dragon Tattoo when she was on screen for maybe 1 minute and the movie is long as fuck?
  • Speaking of Marvel, I think they are currently crossing a line. 5 years of so many Marvel movies was fine but now it's overkill. It's movies, TV shows, reboots, reboots of reboots, new franchises...it's just too much. It would be better if they spread those movies out a bit not have them planned till seemingly the end of time. I'm still psyched for Ragnarok but do we need that Panther movie and the Inhumans? How much bigger can this cinematic universe get? It already takes them so much time to stuff all the Easter eggs, hints for future movies, cameos etc. that they don't have the time for actual story and character development. Example? Age of Ultron.
  • Maybe it's finally DC's chance to shine? While every project they have going on could become a disaster, at least something awfully cute happened on Suicide Squad set last week:
  • Apparently True Detective 2 is so bad it's now comical. I really want to check it out but first I need to find the time to see Penny Dreadful finale. Goddammit, how do people find the time to watch all these shows?
  • And finally two interesting pictures - new still from Crimson Peak and the very first picture of the new Ghostbusters. I think it's gonna be excellent and people really should stop whining. It's Feig and McCarthy. Everything they do is awesome.
  • Andrew and Brittani choose their favorite Road Trip films
  • Alex writes about the films of Kathryn Bigelow 
  • Ruth shares her choices for the part of Han Solo in upcoming solo movie
  • Josh hands out his awards for movies released in this year so far
  • Mariah wonders if superhero films are sexist
  • RELATED POSTS:

    27 comments:

    1. I need to read that dick punching story lol.

      Conan's Hunger Game episode was actually pretty funny and Lawrence made a good point about The Hanging Tree going to #1

      I'm not sure why some are saying True Detective is shit this season. Sure it's not as good as S1, but it's not bad by any means. I think it's interesting. Meh. Different strokes I guess.

      Thanks for the link :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It is glorious. It's basically a blind item floating around but it's painfully obvious it's about Hardy and Inarittu.

        I still only saw 1,5 episode of season 2 of TD but hopefully I'll see the rest soon

        Delete
    2. Hi Sati! Thanks for the link! I agree with you on 'Hannibal.' Season 3 has been a disaster. There have been a few bright spots, but Fuller really should have sped things along during season 1 and 2. Season 1 was like a serial killer of the week or something. Definitely not the "best show ever." I've heard some people say that and I don't get that. I can't believe Armitage only gets 2 eps. This whole season should have been about him.

      Marvel is really irritating me lately...So I'm really looking forward to the Suicide Squad. I hope it's good.

      I'm going to try to make myself watch the Hunger Games panel...even if Jlaw is on there. I will have to mute her scenes or fast forward.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! I think he gets more - he is gonna show up next episode and then the entire second half of the season is Red Dragon arc

        Delete
    3. I don't understand the hate over the new Ghostbusters, I think the ladies look awesome. I'll go see it.

      Prince George is the bomb. I wished he would come across every celeb baby/child out there and bitch-slap all of them.

      "Pine Barrens" is my all-time favorite episode of The Sopranos. I just love every moment of it.

      I'm sick of J-Law, J-Law did this. J-Law did that. So what, I care about my boo. THE BEST IN THE WORLD, JENA MALONE! What the fuck motherfuckers? She and Scar-Jo need to show that harlot a thing or 2 about class and layeth the smacketh down on her roody-poo candy ass.

      I do like Alicia Vikander and... yeah, that is disgusting. Yet, what Ariana Grande did with those donuts.... BLECH! What a bitch.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Prince George slapping other babies sounds so wrong yet so funny ^^

        I cannot wait for Jena in Neon Demon

        Delete
    4. That snowman is hilarious. Cautiously optimistic about the new Ghostbusters. Got my fingers crossed that it'll be good.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I really think Feig and Melissa won't disappoint :)

        Delete
    5. For all I know people say Ant man is a really good movie. Though the idea is bizarre it may have actually worked well.

      Margot Robbie is so cool!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think it's gonna be good but won't make us much as Ultron which sucked ass :/

        Delete
      2. Was going to download Ultron but even I'm not sure now. Maybe I should skip to only check out the effects?

        Delete
      3. Even the effects aren't these good, I'm afraid

        Delete
    6. Mr. Robot is good! I think it's because for some reason it feels fresh among the crap that's happening on tv. I've literally stopped watching most shows. I haven't even watched my summer must haves like Rookie Blue. True Detective hasn't even come up. I did watch Sense8 though which I think was awesome but Mr. Robot is this summer's hit for me!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Still haven't had a chance to see it :/

        Delete
    7. Thanks so much for the link Margaret! And yeah, Disney folks clearly doesn’t know the concept of overkill.

      Awwww! Prince George is really God’s gift to humanity… he’s sooooo adorable! I love his devil-may-care attitude!

      I LOOOOOVE that Conan video hitting Comic-con Mad Max style. That’s just so much fun!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        Conan is the best but I still didn't find the time to catch up with his Con coverage

        Delete
    8. I hope you'll give Alicia Vikander a chance. I definitely understand where you're coming from with Jennifer Lawrence but I have the utmost respect for Vikander. I haven't seen a bad performance from her yet and when I had a chance to meet her last year she nothing but friendly and down to earth. I think the fact that she has chosen only exceptional projects (e.g. Ex Machina, Testament of Youth, A Royal Affair) and turned down many commercial franchises (e.g. 50 Shades, Assassins Creed) indicates that she isn't in the business of whoring herself out for fame. Please give her chance!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I don't think so. I am yet to see some really good, not over hyped work from her. And there is something intensely fake about this chick, all the iffy rumours aside.

        Delete
    9. I don't take issue with Vikander. We don't know if that story is about her or not, but if it is...it won't be the first time (Saldana and Cooper were rumored to have done the same thing).

      George is adorable...but my kid is cuter ;-)

      LOVE Sopranos SO MUCH!!! Like, HELL YES, best show ever!!!

      Thanks for the link :-D

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. That it "won't be the first time" doesn't cure the whore factor here. I find this kind of thing disgusting.

        HBO used to have such wonderfully written shows in the past.

        Delete
    10. That f--king Conan thing for Comic-Con was sooo awesome. I forget where I was watching it, but I was laughing like an asshole. I really need to watch that show some more.

      I couldn't agree with you more about the MCU. Looking forward to Ant Man, but this shit is going to fall in on itself very soon. Pump the brakes, Marvel. I won't forget you. But keep this shit up? I won't forgive you.

      I almost can't believe I'm in, but bring on the f--king Ghostbusters. I bet McCarthy is going to kick so much ass. The SNL ladies are probably going to own as well. People need to chill the f--k out about this one.

      Ha. That scene from Gambit was hysterical.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's literally the only talk show I watch but I try not to miss any episodes. And then I end up having 50 to watch because I didn't have the time to catch for weeks :/ And I just sit, motionless watching these one by one it is awesome :)

        Delete
    11. That sucks about Vikander if that were true. I liked her in Pure and Ex-Machina. From what I've seen so far, Mr. Robot is good. There's a lot of computer work, but I like the intensity of how Rami Malek portrays his character.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I hope I'll finally find the time to see it this week

        Delete
    12. Thanks for the link! :)

      Ugh, I need to finish The Wire, so I can finally start watching The Sopranos at some point.

      Yeah, hopefully Suicide Squad will save us from Marvel overload.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        You need to see the Sopranos! It really deserves all the praise it got

        Delete
    13. Crawling into a horse? Like Pierce Brosnan in Seraphim Falls?

      ReplyDelete