Friday, July 31, 2015

(194) When life gives you lemons, just say "fuck the lemons" and bail + links

By Sati. Friday, July 31, 2015
  • I went to work on Monday and we got a plan with the info of who we are gonna be working with for the next 2 months. It's gonna be hell.
  • So I did the only thing I could do. 
  • I took the rest of a week off.
  • Yep, I said fuck the lemons and bailed. Because the lemons I'm about get in the next two months will probably give me diarrhea and fucking kill me. I'm being literal here.
  • I've been chilling and catching up on stuff. I also saw a whole bunch of Paul Rudd's movies. I've done absolutely nothing productive. Just sitting here, watching Paul, sleeping and playing with Gustav.
  • Monday? Paul's movies. Tuesday? Hannibal. Wednesday? Sopranos. Thursday? Conan. Today? More Paul.
  • I finally saw Wet Hot American Summer for the first time because the prequel series drops today at Netflix. It was so funny! Also Paul's kissing scenes - someone should give him a cherry to tie with his tongue in one of the talk shows. I think he could do it double times over.
  • I really look forward to watching the series:
  •  I started watching They Came Together but haven't finished it yet. Not that I didn't like it, but it was like 4 am so I figured I should probably go to sleep. Again with the crazy make out Rudd scene, my God...
  • I also rewatched Anchorman. Much as I don't really like this movie, it is - just like an Inception - much more enjoyable if you watch it purely to drool over one of the actors in it.
  • Sex Panther <333 
  • I've been making a lot of edits from Ant Man, this one being my fav:
  • I rewatched Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Knocked Up. Kunu is like the greatest character ever.
  • someone has done God's work and uploaded the history of Paul pranking Conan on youtube:
  • HOW have I not seen this before?!:
  • I finally caught up with Hannibal which means I basically sat on my ass and saw 5 episodes in the row. As amazing as Richard Armitage is already, Joe Anderson stole the show as Mason Verger. I downright hated Michael Pitt's ridiculously over the top performance as Mason in s2 and Anderson really nailed the role, he was hilarious.
  • I was thankful his face wasn't as horrific as Gary Oldman's in Hannibal - that was the most disgusting shit I've seen in my entire life.
  • Awful news - A24, which is as we all know terrible at marketing and basically releasing films which is the basis for this company for crying out loud, is planning on releasing The Witch...next year. So the movie which got amazing reviews is not only not being brought to festivals but now they will hold it back and we have to wait almost a year for it. It was only shown on Sundance so far. God, I hate this so much. 
  • The movie looks so fucking awesome and there isn't even the trailer for it. SHIT!
  • However there is this movie called Queen of Earth which looks really intriguing and the poster for it is simply gorgeous, it reminds me of old Repulsion posters
  • Following my edit of Harley using Ultraviolence lyrics I made one with Hole's Doll Parts and Lana's Velvet Crowbar
  • Spotlight trailer was released online and it looks pretty great. Ruffalo's hair in that is a disaster, though.
  • Apparently Game of Thrones will last 8 seasons, not 7 as previously stated. I don't even have the strength to rant about the fact we are getting 3 more seasons of fan fiction and there is no Stoneheart in sight and they offed Stannis already.
  • "Fuck the lemons" and let's watch Paul Rudd movies.
  •  MettelRay has been watching Parks and Rec for the first time and loving it. Everyone should see this show. It has Ron Swanson, it's the warmest, funniest show since Friend and just like Friends it has Paul Rudd in it
  • Ruth enjoyed What We Do in the Shadows, which I really ought to see soon
  • Brittani participates in Dream Vacation blogathon
  • Steven reviews delightful Begin Again
  • Andrew shared his nominations and wins for 2013
  • and finally m.brown followed my recommendation and saw The Guest. Not only did he like it, he also wrote an awesome review of it.
  • RELATED POSTS:

    26 comments:

    1. They Came Together is fucking terrible. That's a good example of a parody that absolutely 100% fails.

      I love Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Anchorman, and Wet Hot American Summer though. I almost forgot about the prequel being on Netflix now. I'll have to watch that. The continuity should be hilarious in itself.

      Maybe another season of GoT WILL give as Stoneheart?!

      Thanks for the link. :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I actually kinda enjoyed it...:)

        I just can't with them going back and forth. They should have decided on a number of seasons a long time ago and maybe then season 4 and 5 would be better and not having so much waste and shitty fan fic

        Delete
    2. Was looking forward to The Witch, sucks they are postponing the release date. Maybe they are still fine-tuning it in the editing room, so ultimately it could be a blessing in disguise.

      I think if I had co-workers as hellish as you describe, I would quit altogether, brave of you to soldier on!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think it's completed, it's just A24 being inept again.

        Well I don't have that option, the job market here is terrible :/

        Delete
    3. Thanks for the link-love. Fucking love Kunu. I'm glad you finally saw Wet Hot American Summer. Fucking love that movie. Plus, I just love everything Rudd does. "You taste like a burger, I don't like you anymore".

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! Paul's character was hilarious in that movie!

        Delete
    4. I thought Anderson was fantastic. I enjoyed every single scene he as in. I wish he had been in the previous season. That really disappoints me about 'The Witch.' It looks like a great film. I hate crappy marketing companies. I'm sorry to hear work is hell right now. I hope it gets better!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah they should have cast him from the start, Pitt's scenes were just horrible :/

        Delete
    5. I like that phrase. I take lemons only when they come with sugar. Otherwise fuck them!

      Inside out looks like a very good animation. I will wait till it comes out in HD and download it. So far people have really liked it and the trailer alone got me hooked.

      Gods, I've watched the last 20-30 mins of Mad Max Fury Road like 20-25 times now. I'm not exaggerating. And the soundtrack is so good! I bet even my neighbors might be liking it already and guiltily don't ask me to tone down the audio.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I really hope they make the sequel to Fury Road, it's too good not to start a new franchise

        Delete
    6. I'm on season 5 already - clearly getting through the show too fast because soon it's over and I have nothing left! Well, maybe The Office because I haven't seen that one yet, either. :D

      Just yesterday I told my roommate that I think Ron is the nicest and coolest guy ever. He might seem like he doesn't care, but he does! He cares so much and he does everything to help out the ones he cares about, especially Leslie, who he has so much respects towards. Man, I love this show!

      Thanks for the link.
      PS: I'm currently watching, Parks and Rec!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm so happy you like the show this much! I bet you finished it already.

        One of the many things I love about Ron is that he has this really small circle of people he does things for because they deserve his help and respect. unlike Leslie who just helps everyone, but altruism like that is a bit less amazing to me than what Ron is doing

        Delete
    7. First of all, speaking of A24 marketing, have you seen the trailer for ROOM? It's my most anticipated movie of the year.

      Second of all, when life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I haven't yet, but I'll try to see it soon! I really like Brie Larson

        I love to get mad but it's tough to do in office and at your boss :)

        Delete
    8. Love seeing new people being introduced to the greatness that is Parks and Rec.

      Urgh A24, why? The Witch sounded really good. By the way, have you seen the trailer for Room? I think that looks pretty great too.

      Game of Thrones for another 3 seasons… I don't know if my heart can handle more of the pain that D&D will probably cause.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I haven't seen the trailer, but the premise seems very itneresting.

        I just hope HBO directs D&D to less horrible show direction

        Delete
    9. I completely forgot about Rudd in Forgetting Sarah Marshall. As someone who spent years working in a Hawaiian hotel, I've probably met a dozen guys like Kunu. Super laid-back goofballs grow on trees out there.

      I want to dive into Wet Hot American Summer on Netflix, just not sure when I'll get to it. Even if I wasn't all into the original film, more time with that cast can't hurt. And that motorcycle scene is enough to seal the deal.

      You know I don't watch GoT, but signing McShane has me interested. That and all the dragons and boobs. And dragonboobs, hopefully.

      While I fully appreciate the link, let me tell you, I appreciate the heads up even more. That movie was so f--king funny. I'm still daydreaming about that movie.

      David smashes her ex-bfs boyfriend off the wall.
      David: Sorry about your picture.

      Sigh.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hawaii sounds awesome but how could anyone forget Rudd?! That's just the Margot Robbie fiasco all over again my friend!

        A lot of people seem to be liking the series more than the movie.

        There are no dragonboobs but some say there are dragonballs.

        I'm super happy you enjoyed it!

        Delete
    10. Hi Margaret! Thanks for the link, hope you enjoy WWDITS as much as I did.

      Cool that you’re crushing on Paul, he’s so adorable and charismatic. Lucky that you have a huge resume of movies of his to binge on. The man is so prolific!

      “Monday? Paul's movies. Tuesday? Hannibal. Wednesday? Sopranos. Thursday? Conan. Today? More Paul.” Ahah that sounds like me w/ Stanley. I even watched a violent Vikings flick just for him… even w/ his hair in cornrows he’s still super hot. As you said, even if you don’t like the movie, it’s much more enjoyable if you watch it purely to drool over one of the actors in it :P

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. As usual, in the end I didn't have the time to see it :/

        Delete
    11. LOL, how HAVE you not seen that picture before? I loved that spoof shot!!!

      I think Paul Rudd is my favorite of all of your actor crushes. Like, he's effing perfect. Hot, charming, hilarious...PERFECT!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I really haven't! Or I did and blacked out immediately :)

        He is so dreamy <333

        Delete
    12. You really, really, really, really need to see "What We Do in the Shadows". Insane, absurd, and an absolute blast!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I saw it last Sunday and liked it so much! It was really laugh out loud funny

        Delete
    13. Haha, I hadn't seen that picture before either. And I really need to see Wet Hot American Summer.

      I've only seen (and loathed) Alex Ross Perry's Listen Up Philip, but Queen of Earth does look interesting.

      Bring on Spotlight!

      ReplyDelete