Friday, August 28, 2015

(198) The indignant consumer + links

By Sati. Friday, August 28, 2015
  •  There is a bunch of new Macbeth photos and 2 posters. Why is Weinstein more focused on promoting JLaw's new DOR movie instead of this?
  •  Hey, speaking of JLaw - she is writing a script with Amy Schumer and they will star in a movie based on that script. Is there some sort of a magnet that unfunny vulgar people have that pushes them towards other unfunny vulgar people? If so, where is the news of Lena Dunham also "writing" with them? Just get Lars von Trier to direct and this will dethrone Kick Ass as the worst movie ever for me, easily. 
  • Oh God. 
  • The awfulness.
  • I can actually feel it coming.
  • This week Quentin Tarantino compared her to Bette Davis. Oh God. I feel nauseous.
  • Somebody called Haley Bennett is gonna play the role of Megan in The Girl on the Train. At first I went "who?" but maybe that girl is gonna do well. This is certainly the most mysterious part out of the 3 women in the story. But what's worth noting here is the ridiculous first comment under this news. Um, because all three characters are white. Period.
  • The film pre production stage is moving so fast and we still don't have any news about Sharp Objects adaptation moving along. I'm telling you, it's that Gone Girl curse happening again.
  • Hey, speaking of ridiculous - Mr. Robot fans are throwing a gigantic hissy fit because the show's finale was postponed. The network pushed it a week because it contains similarities to that horrific shooting that was caught on shooter's cam this week. People are dead, can these "fans" just shut up?
  • So now Man of Steel 2 is on hold. You know more than Cavill in a tight suit I just want more Mad Max films. But honestly if they are putting this on hold so that Batman has more to do...the characters aren't a problem. Zack "the hack" Snyder is.
  • I tried to watch Queen of Earth on VOD the day it was released and had my credit card ready and everything and then it turns out it's not available in Itunes store in my location so I was not allowed to  pay 7 bucks to see it and buy it from US located Itunes store. And, and people dare to wonder why streaming sites for free are so popular? Get your shit together, VOD services and make it possible for me and others to give you our money. Also what the fuck does it matter that I'm paying from one location and getting something from other country's store? How come I can order a fuckload of clothes from UK and they arrive just fine but I cannot watch a damn movie online for a fee, just because I live in what may not be perceived as one, but seriously is a third world country? Why doesn't Itunes have international store with the same shit for everyone in the first place? Isn't Internet international? I mean - what the hell?!
  • On the bright side, Michelle Pfeiffer is working again! This is wonderful news.
  • Would you look at this Kristen Stewart photoshoot? It looks like a cross between It Follows and Blade Runner. I got turned on just typing those words:
  • New AHS news! Here and here - and in the second link we can see the first pictures of the cast. I'm loving the look of Sarah Paulson and Angela Bassett in particular. Also - Ten commandments killer and addiction demon wielding a dildo? This is wild.
  • Speaking of wild - I think Tom Hardy might have just cause a chain explosin of ovaries with these dubsmash videos
  •  The Revenant finally wrapped so he will probably shave soon. NOOOOOOO!
  • I wasn't at work at all this week. My doctor sent me on a sick leave on account of my nerves actually giving me physical problems. So I have been chillin', playing with Gustav and continuing with my rewatch of Desperate Housewives. I have to go back on Monday, though, so let's just hope nothing terrible happens. Especially on next Friday since it's my birthday and my birthday is usually on a day when something bad happens.
  • Does anyone absolutely adore Karl? I know he cheated on Susan but he is the funniest character on the show. 
  • That dinner Susan had with doctor Ron and Karl sent him to Mike was so freaking funny.
  • Watching the show and rewatching Friends from time to time really makes me think that TV is not in golden age nowadays as everyone seems to think. There are just no more shows that are so funny and touching at the same time. Yes, we had Parks and Rec, but that's gone.
  • Also speaking of TV - there is this new show Show me a Hero, I think, that's the title, and it seems to be getting amazing reviews but I never see anyone tweet about it or write about it on the blogs. Is anyone watching it? Is it really this awesome?
  • Wendell reviews Kingsman
  • Ruth writes about new to her actors she would like to see more of
  • m.brown reviews The Man from UNCLE
  • Brittani saw Mulholland Dr. for the very first time
  • Alex chooses his 10 favorite films shot by Matthew Libatique
  • and finally go wish lovely Nikhat happy birthday!
  •  Guys this is fake, but it's so good I actually had to google to check if it's fake. Apparently a bunch of people thought it was real and were pissed off.
  • RELATED POSTS:

    29 comments:

    1. First, the new Macbeth stills/posters have done very bad (good) things to my pants.

      Second...that fake letter to One Direction has just given me life!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hopefully Macbeth is actually good :)

        Delete
    2. Thanks for the link Margaret!

      The Macbeth posters are gorgeous! I'm a bit burned out seeing Fassy everywhere but still looking forward to THAT film.

      "Is there some sort of a magnet that unfunny vulgar people have that pushes them towards other unfunny vulgar people?" Ahah that's kind of my thoughts too when I heard that. Well, I can choose NOT to watch it.

      WOW that K Stewart photoshoot are stunning, LOVE those colors. And YES on Le Pfeiffer!

      They need to make an entire film of Hardy doing dubsmash!! Seriously!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        Hardy should just be on some reality show that is on 24/7 :) He is such an interesting guy

        Delete
    3. I literally but Show me a Hero on my to watch list like couple of days ago because I saw In Your Eyes with Michael Stahl-David and he's in that show. So I'm now wanting to watch everything he is in..

      PS: That fake letter made my whole week this week.. It was just so well written and I mean, the damn site had the author's name there (a woman btw), so how stupid can people be by thinking this was real?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I saw it on tumblr as a series of pics and I had to google the source, it really almost fooled me :)

        Delete
    4. The Desperate Housewives gifs made me laugh and then the Joey Fatone letter made me laugh a lot harder! Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
    5. 'Nsync had the funk. Joey was my favorite member. He was in a couple of well-received indie films, My Big Fat Greek Wedding and The Cooler.

      The only way Lars von Trier will ever direct that project is if J-Law and Lena Dunham find some way to make unconscious for a week as he is notorious about not wanting to fly as he doesn't travel very much. Once he realizes he's in America, it actually might kill him. Please, spare him. For me. He needs to make Wasington. He has some unfinished business.

      I like those Macbeth posters. Kristen Stewart looks hot. I'm glad she's finally getting some praise.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm sure Dunham and JLaw can sniff some glue or whatever trailer trash does and fly to see him

        Delete
    6. That fake letter was awesome.

      I am actually more interested in Macbeth than Joy.

      Hope you are feeling better.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks, I'm a bit better! Macbeth is gonna kick Joy's ass!

        Delete
    7. Those Macbeth posters <3 I need that film right now.

      Pfeiffer getting a good role, about time!

      I have never understood the hate for Stewart. Yes, Twilight was not very good, but both she and Pattinson have managed to give great performances after that. That photoshoot is stunning, and I can't wait to see her in Woody's next film.

      Tom Hardy doing dubsmash is pretty much perfect.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I always thought the hate for Kristen was just awful especially that someone like Lawrence, who I think doesn't have half her class or intelligence, is getting so much love.

        Delete
    8. Ohh those Macbeth posters! Bennett had a small role in Kaboom that I recognize her from. She was fine. I hope someone surrenders that book to my library soon.

      That photoshoot is beautiful. You should tweet about it and watch your notifications explode. Lol

      Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! Hope you get a chance to read the book soon!

        Delete
    9. Oh shit, so much goodness here. Though, let me tell you...I have to stop reading these behind the wheel. Bad m.brown. I was pretty close to rear-ending someone today. (not cool, I know)

      Anyway, let me see. That KS photo shoot is kinda rad. Great call on the It Follows/Blade Runner vibe. I'm definitely warming up to her...

      That QT article was interesting, thanks for the link there. I can't believe how much love JLaw gets, but apparently she's f--king brilliant. I gotta get my eyes checked. And my soul.

      That f--king Joey Fatone letter was hysterical. The Judd Apatow cameo mention is nothing short or perfection.

      I don't know what Queen of Earth is, but that's a damn shame you got denied. Nevermind...just looked it up. Maybe you dodged a bullet. That movie looks terrifying.

      Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I managed to find a way to watch Queen of Earth and yeah it was terrrifying but it was worth seeing, I keep waiting to publish my review until I figure out what the hell that ending was :lol:

        Delete
    10. Those new Macbeth posters! Ugghhh my heart exploded. Really excited to see that film.

      I also really love those Kristen Stewart photos, the lighting reminds me of Only God Forgives. Bad film but there was beautiful colourful lighting in it.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah OGF was a bad, bad movie but the cinematography and music were really great. I'm so hoping Macbeth is great!

        Delete
    11. The first video I watched about Amy Schumer she was in front of a crowd and started speaking of...shit. I would have laughed if I were 3rd grade but seriously, shouldn't people outgrow this age?

      AHS season 5 looks even crazier but I think this is all that it's going to be.

      Karl is the best. He is indeed an entertaining jerk.

      I wouldn't be surprised if that One Direction prediction become partly true. Joey Fatone knows how to make you laugh.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I really hope AHS is gonna be as good as Asylum season but it looks like they are going to continue making the same mistakes - they are still talking way too much about the plot and crowding the show with too many characters

        Delete
    12. Goddam, you nailed it with the VOD streaming stuff. Man, that royally pisses me off when I get geoblocked.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's just the worst. It's bad enough with normal stores but on the Internet? It's just...senseless.

        Delete
    13. Show Me a Hero is fantastic, but, like all of David Simon's stuff, it's a slow-brew show. The drama is in the dialogue and the characters, not an action scenes. But I just finished it this morning, and I absolutely loved it.

      Thanks so much for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I love the drama being in the dialogue! I really hope I'll get to see it soon, especially since Winona is in it.

        You're welcome!

        Delete
    14. The MacBeth posters looks AMAZZZINGG!!!!

      You'll always find fans throwing a hissy fit over anything that delays their precious show. I personally love Mr Robot and I respect the showrunners postponing the season finale in light of the tragedy that happened .

      Those Kristen Stewart photos looks absolutely gorgeous. I'd definitely want a film with that color scheme and aesthetic.

      AHS Hotel looks like it's gonna be the best season yet. The teasers are very reminiscent of S1 and S4 in all the good ways so I'm pumped. Plus, I always find a song I love listening to in them.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Only God Forgives has this aesthetic but it's a terrible movie :) Let's hope Neon Demon is gonna be better,

        Delete
    15. Macbeth! Still dying to see it!

      Yeah, iTunes needs to get it together. Small international films don't usually come to the U.S. until much later than their original release dates, and they're usually available online on VOD before they're shown stateside. :/

      I want a movie that resembles that Kristen Stewart photoshoot, especially after your description.

      ReplyDelete