Friday, October 9, 2015

(204) Tear you apart + links

By Sati. Friday, October 9, 2015
  •  I could go see Legend this weekend. 
  • However, I fear for my life --->
  • This is too much. GOD DAMN 
  • I'm just...
  • I can't.
  • Can someone please inform Hardy that when he looks like THAT and walks around the streets just grabbing dogs and being adorable with them he should never ever speak or wear a suit because a combo of that, dogs and his voice will cause implosion of ovaries making the plot of Children of Men a reality?
  • Oh God where are men like that? 
  •  Legend actually looks kinda hilarious:
  • Also another reason why it was not the best idea for me to see it this week is that my co-workers, and there are 4 of us in one office, have been coming to work while being sick. So 2 of us where spreading germs and today, just as the weekend is starting I'm starting to feel sick. Jesus Christ, have some fucking manners. I hate it when people are so damn inconsiderate of others. The only time I'm ever sick is when people sniff and sneeze around me. People are just worst. 
  • Gustav also got sick this week. Yorkie diarrhea and vomit everywhere in the hallways on Tuesday night. So much fun.
  • He is all better now, but he is on diet so he is seriously pissed off.
  • But back to impossibly good looking men, all hail Ryan Murphy for getting Matt Bomer to do this on AHS: Hotel:
  • Gaga and two other people was in the scene two but who the hell cares - or looks - at them here.
  • So Scream Queens is so dope. Yes, it is dumb as hell but it is supposed to be dumb as hell. I feel like people who hate on the show were expecting serious horror and now they are just flabbergasted. I find the show very fun and very witty. I wasn't one of those people who went "OMG Emma Roberts!" when she was on Coven but she is so good in this kind of role. The show is paying homage to Heathers - Roberts' character is called Chanel and her minions are the Chanels - one played by Abigail Breslin and the other by Carrie Fisher's daughter. They are all really wonderful. There's also Jaime Lee Curtis as shady as fuck dean of the university. And the music is fantastic, as are the outfits in the show. It's so much fun. It's the most enjoyable show on TV right now. Sadly, the ratings aren't too good which makes perfect sense that the show that I like may not be renewed for a new season. I hope they continue it, because it's really a gem.
  • I may cry if this gets canceled.
  • Well I managed to review one episode of AHS: Hotel. Then again I used to recap Coven and just stopped somewhere not just because it just got pretty disappointing but also for the lack of time. So given how lately I pass out exhausted before midnight and have 100 things to do in a day....yeah, it's gonna be a tough one but I'd love to have the time to post here more often than once a week.
  • I've been making lots of edits but one quite fun one I made is for upcoming The Girl on the Train, using footage from different movies:
  • I actually found the time to watch two movies this week - because yes, I'm down to 1-2 movies a week - and one of those was Black Mass. Depp was surprisingly decent, even if he was wearing tons of make up. The film was a bit too short, though. I didn't feel like they properly developed any of the subplots, the characters just kept disappearing after few scenes. But the music! It was done by Tom Holkenborg - the genius who scored Fury Road - and he was quickly becoming one of my favorite composers.
  • Another movie I saw was The Martian. It was a good fun - light, enjoyable, amusing. The pivotal sequence in the film was visibly Gravity-inspired but it was very moving and well done. Yes, I cried during it. Don't you dare judge me. Not sure where the Oscar Buzz for this is coming since it won't even crack my top 20, I'm guessing, when the year is gonna be over but it's a good film.
  • I saw some TV spots for Crimson Peak and I see Edith is holding a dog! Oh God, run little buddy! I hate that horror trope where dogs die, kill the humans but leave the dogs alone!
  • Anyways here is Hiddles on the set of that movie with a dog.
  • It's not an actual dog from the movie, Hiddleston is pulling a Hardy here and just grabbing dogs and posting pics with them because let's destroy the ovaries. 
  • Ant-Man is getting a sequel! It's gonna feature The Wasp too so I'm very happy about this.
  • There is rumour going around that Daniel Craig doesn't want to be Bond anymore. It's probably just a publicity thing but with Elba being considered "too street" who the hell are they gonna cast?
  • Exciting news about Twin PeaksPeter Sarsgaard and Robert Knepper (who was awesome in Prison Break) are gonna be in it and wonderful Robert Forster joined the show as the sheriff.
  • So big news from the set of Thrones - Shae. is. back. That's right. Still no sight of Stoneheart a legitimate overdue subplot from books but Shae is back. Sibel Kekili was seen in costume on the set. This is probably gonna be some bullshit imagined scene where her ghost haunts Tyrion or something.
  • Let me repeat that - there is no sign of Stoneheart but Shae is back. 
  • ...
  • .....
  • .......
  • Suck my dick, D&D. 
  • Brittani and MrsMariah review The Martian and Ruth shares some of the groovy songs from the movie
  • Andrew and Josh share their Oscar predictions
  • m.brown reviews Creep
  • MettelRay has new, gorgeous layout on her site and shares a list of 10 great shows she has yet to watch
  • Mark reviews fantastic Locke
  • Alex writes about the films of Denis Villeneuve
  • RELATED POSTS:

    41 comments:

    1. THANKS for the link!

      Oooh, Hardy being his adorable, sexy self... yowza!!

      I don't usually find Matt Bomer sexy, I mean he's super good looking obviously, but man does he look hot in THAT gif [fan self]

      "light, enjoyable, amusing" Yes, totally agree on your assessment on The Martian and I cried too in THAT scene that reminded me of Gravity. I thought it was well-done and moving without being overly-sentimental.

      Oh that's a gorgeous gif set you did for The Girl on the Train, can't wait to see that film!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        Yeah Matt did a lot of stuff in that scene :)

        I thought it was a very enjoyable movie but it's a bit strange they didn't release it during the summer as one of the blockbusters and are going for Oscar Buzz with this one, it's really not one of this years greats

        Delete
      2. Yeah, The Martian seems more like a Summer movie, but having a Fall release might actually benefit them as there are less competition. Well for sure they win the box office a second week against PAN, which was a much lesser film.

        Delete
      3. Pan looks like complete shit. Also Jackman and Seyfried together in a movie again just give me nasty flashbacks from that trainwreck Les Mis

        Delete
    2. Thank you for the link! I can't wait to see 'Legend.' I remember seeing a 90s movie about the Kray boys, so I find this story really interesting. Hardy definitely helps! Woo! I really enjoyed 'The Martian.' The final scene reminded me a lot of 'Gravity' and I loved 'Gravity.'

      I've been really enjoying 'Scream Queens.' It's campy and fun. I'm surprised I like it as much as I do b/c I don't really care for Emma Roberts. If I had one criticism it would be how there are so few sorority members and so many pledges. But I guess they needed more room for the Chanels. I haven't seen AHS yet, but it's been DVRd.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! I really hope Scream Queens gonna get renewed I find it more entertaining than AHS which is kinda a platform for Ryan Murphy to show his fucked up ideas

        Delete
    3. So I watched the 1st episode of Scream Queens and right in its opening I couldn't but crack up from laughter - 'Holly crap! Who told you you could have baby here tonight?'. The whole episode was really funny, but also sad and kinda depressing as it shows people making bad decisions based off of others' expectations or influence, and it just shows what a toxic environment it is. Absolutely love it!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. So glad you love it! i honestly cannot wait for the next episode, the show is on fire and episode 4 was the best one yet

        Delete
      2. The best one? There better be a second season!

        Delete
    4. Small, possibly dumb question since I haven't actually seen The Martian, yet, but isn't the whole thing Gravity inspired? Just judging from the trailers. Anyhoo, fun to follow your crushing, as always.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm not sure since there is a book out there but there is one scene in particular near the end of the film which is very, very similar to Gravity

        Delete
    5. Tom Hardy and Tom Hiddleston with puppies.... OK, now I'm sad considering that my dog just died more than 24 hours ago.

      ReplyDelete
    6. I don't watch AHS, but I read your recaps. That's all I know of the show. lol

      As for The Martian Oscar buzz - I think it's one of the best of the year so far, but I also read the book and the book is SO amazing. I almost teared up during that rescue too. It's different than the book (Beck grabs him, not Lewis) but it was so beautiful.

      I finally got Girl on a Train from the library! I'm starting it tomorrow. I just finished Luckiest Girl Alive, which I kind of hated. I'm sad.

      I need Crimson Peak in my life.

      Thanks for the link :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I really liked how they had Lewis rescue him, considering she was responsible for them leaving him.

        Awww, bumer that you hated Luckiest Girl Alive! I thought it was great and is gonna make for a great movie. The Girl on the Train is more of conventional thriller story

        Delete
    7. Yeah yeah Tom Hardy's a babe but ... can I just say how cute your puppy is?!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh that one here is not mine :) But I do have a Yorkie who is crazy cute ^^

        Delete
    8. Wow, you sure love Hardy. He seems like such a cool dude. Nice work as always.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you and yes, yes I do :)

        Delete
      2. As I value your opinion Sati, you should check out a few posts I've done of late. They're about body acceptance and they have gotten a really good response. Would love to hear your thoughts.

        Delete
      3. I'd love to, but it takes me a while to get to blog reading recently

        Delete
    9. I so want to see Legend. That's so my type of movie. I don't know why, I asked myself : did you watched Wuthering Heights ? I quite like that adaptation (not hard, that's the only one I saw !). Anyway, Tom Hardy and Charlotte Riley are great in it.

      I just watched the first two episodes of Scream Queens. Some dumb stuff in it, in a good and a bad way. The Ariana Grande thing was too forced for me, but Jaime Lee Curtis was awesome in every scene. I intend to watch more. I don't really like Emma Roberts, but yeah, she's made for that kind of role.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I have it on DVD but haven't seen it yet, as usual I fear Hardy having all those romantic scenes may be too much :)

        Roberts is so good here and Curtis is clearly having so much fun. But Michele is really stealing the show, she is hilarious.

        Delete
    10. I really enjoyed Scream Queens! The cast is great, they always sell the lines, and honestly, most of the lines are pretty damn funny. It's just great campy fun. I hope it gets renewed, because it would be a shame if it got cancelled. The AHS: Hotel premiere was... interesting, to say the least. Gaga & Bomer were the highlights, but Paulson and Bates were great as well. The way Gaga says, 'Your boy has a jawline for days' is just amazing. I'm not surprised Murphy asked her to come back for Season 6.

      Tom Hardy, once again, amazing.

      D&D are literally the WORST. Shae has absolutely NO reason to come back on the show. *prayer circle for Stoneheart*

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Apparently Gaga came up with that line, so more credit to her :) I'm so psyched you liked Scream Queens! It's really so much fun

        The Freys will be shooting next week so hopefully we see something indicating Stoneheart is in

        Delete
    11. Let us try this again.

      First, it's readily apparent to me that I need to pretty much always be holding a dog. There's something magical about it. I guess it doesn't hurt to be handsome. And famous. But, hey. One thing at a time.

      I'm thinking if Craig's out and Elba's too street...maybe they should go with someone younger. Someone a little rough around the edges, but who looks dashing in a finely tailored suit. Any thoughts?

      A big thank you to that creepy ass AHS gif madness. That foursome seems a little much for TV, but I still support it. I'll just tell my son they're don't have enough money for two beds. Or clothes. (honestly, I watched half of the one that took place at a circus and bailed. I'll settle for your rad recaps instead).

      I'm stoked for the Ant-Man sequel...though I swear I heard it's in 2018. If they wait that long...Rudd (and his abs) will look like a teenager. Better hurry, Marvel.

      Thanks for the link! That movie is soooo creepy.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hardy? I think Bond franchise is beneath his talent :)

        Actually that foursome wouldn't even crap the top 5 of the most edgy for TV stuff for premiere alone. It's TV nowadays - they show things that the movie directors don't have the balls to show.

        Ha, yeah! I think their whole we are gonna make a hundred films and schedule them several years ahead is blowing up in their face. Half of these upcoming Marvel flicks look incredible lame and honestly it's just too much

        Delete
    12. I wonder also where the men like Hardy are... I mean, not in Estonia. Not in Finland for sure! So... in England then? Well, I know where my next holiday is going to be.

      I see various gifs of Scream Queens going around but I'm still not gravitating towards it. I don't know why, but I just don't see myself watching it. It does look fun from the gifsets and the visuals are always interesting.

      AHS Hotel better be all about Bomer because !!! I read some spoilers accidentally that I won't share but I think he won't be putting on pants any time soon and it will be a glorious season!

      Thanks for the link! And I hope you see Legend. And I hope you don't get sick! And if I'm already hoping, I hope you find time to recap AHS: Hotel. :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I did got sick but at least thanks to that I have an opportunity to write few posts and save them, because otherwise I'd never finish them :/

        So this week I may actually have a recap ready tomorrow, hopefully the episode is gonna be good :)

        Delete
    13. Really interested with your thoughts on Scream Queens...it was filmed here in New Orleans, so I should really support local filming! I'll check it out :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I hope you'll like it! It's really lots of fun

        Delete
    14. I absolutely don't see the hate for Scream Queens. It never presented itself as something it isn't, especially in the marketing and that's a rarity and people are still bashing because it wasn't a straightforward serious horror show even though everything indicated it'd be a mix between Clueless, Heathers, and Scary Movie/Scream. Never have I seen so much stupidity from the audience. They constantly complain about how the marketing tricks them like Drive, Age of Ultron, Transformers etc etc. But they still complain when they got what they saw??? Ugh...I hope it doesn't get cancelled b/c of this.

      Also, I love the homages to 80's slasher flicks through the Halloween-esque score and generally all the song choices. Mac Quayle is awesome.

      Shae is coming back but Stoneheart isn't.....???? Someone needs to deliver a plush toy of GoT and have a SHAME recording in it and it never stops once you activate it and send it to D&D.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. The imdb board for the show is just pathetic - there are so many wastes of skin just trolling that the show is gonna get canceled. What the fuck, who does that? How much of a loser does a person need to be to actually spend their time to get on the board of the show they don't like and post about how much of a shot it has of being canceled?

        I'm still hoping for Stoneheart there is an unconfirmed rumor that Michelle is in Belfast!

        Delete
    15. Just posted my review of The Martian and we share the same reaction. Really had fun with it but I don't quite get the Oscar buzz.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think it's because all those message movies people kept Oscar hope in are flopping all around us - Freeheld? What the fuck? Danish Girl also appears to be terrible

        Delete
    16. I was wondering about Scream Queens. I could use a show that is dumb but knows it's dumb. I respect that. Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You like Scream franchise so I think you may enjoy Scream Queens - it is a bit dumber than Scream but in a very funny way

        Delete
    17. Thanks for the link!

      What the hell is that AHS stuff? WOW...the things they show on TV. LOL...I remember when Nip/Tuck was edgy...but this...DAYAM!

      I can't wait for Legend. I need it! It looks pretty awesome.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        Nip/Tuck was also Murphy's show....his series just get more and more twisted

        Legend may actually kill me so I'm skipping watching this on the big screen

        Delete
    18. Thanks for the link!

      Haha, the more you post about Tom Hardy, the more I love him.

      Yeah, the music in Black Mass was brilliant, but I agree the film was too short. I also liked The Martian, which was a solid, entertaining blockbuster.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome and everyone should love Tom Hardy! :)

        I need to get that soundtrack. I really hope Holkenborg scores more movies, his work has been fantastic here and in fury Road

        Delete