Friday, November 13, 2015

(209) Hardylicious - the dogs/erase my mind edition + links

By Sati. Friday, November 13, 2015
  •  That dog is my spirit animal. He is just dragging Tom to the ground. No fucking around, just let's do this man.
  •  Yep, yep. No new American Horror Story recaps. I haven't had the time to see it yet. Nor have I had the time to see the previous episode. I may see it tonight but there is no way I will find the time to write about this week. Or the next week.  I just don't have the time for anything on the blog lately other than Rambling Friday and that's basically just happening because I just browse my twitter feed and tumblr from last week and gather everything I ranted about here.
  • Oh, fuck you life. I'm retaking the bar on Tuesday. It's gonna be my annual embarrassment again and I will be stuck at my awful job for yet another year until I finally pass it, If I ever pass it. It's around 20,000 possible test questions, from roughly 25 various legal acts, with 4 different answers. It's so much stuff. I managed to get through 15,000 but that's nothing - they get mixed up in my head, there is always a big chance I simply forget some of it or get  questions out of the 5,000 I haven't done. You need at least 120 out of 150 to pass and then there is the second exam. It's maddening.
  • Let's just look at more of Tom with dogs ---->
  • So this week I was mostly studying, which also required me taking some time off work - so basically not only am I losing time and energy and money but also days off and I only have 20 of those a year. I am now unable to take any time of work for Christmas time. And yes, this is the amount of posts you guys get when I'm actually home and not at work - 1. Per week.
  • I had the time to watch End of Tour which was very nice, little indie movie. It wasn't anything spectacular but the performances from Segal and Eisenberg were great and the script was very well written.
  • I  rewatched Ant-Man and it's really such a brilliant movie. It's so innovative and different comparing to all the other Marvel films. Rudd's casting was probably the most inspired casting in superhero film since RDJ and the whole thing just has so much humor and heart. And those visual effects are just incredible, even on the small screen.
  •  And how brilliant is Michael Douglas in this?! Again I totally tore up during the scene where he tells Hope what happened to her mother. It's really such a lovely father/daughter relationship story both with Scott and his kid and Hank and Hope. It had more heart than the many recent Marvel films combined.
  • Also no matter what happens there is obviously always time for new Scream Queens. My God the levels of Chanel's shade were just insane this week!
  • I loved all of it - the random appearance of Scotland Yard guys, the flashbacks of Chanel as a little girl, her heartfelt conversation with Grace...also did anyone else totally laugh out loud when they showed Wes in the flashback and the actor looked exactly the same except he was wearing that goofy hat? My God, that was hysterical.
  • I also saw Morning Glory which was a nice enough romantic comedy. Amusingly it contains a scene where a bunch of women are talking about how dreamy Patrick Wilson's character is. There was a scene just like that in Little Children. Does he have a description of his trademark scene written in his resume somewhere? It's a miracle the cannibal Indians in Bone Tomahawk didn't just stop, look at him and go "man, I'd bang this guy so hard".
  • Hey, speaking of Wilson I caught up with Fargo until episode 4 and it just makes me certain that I'm right in my "Nick Offerman should be in EVERYTHING" crusade. He just makes everything better.
  • JLaw fell once again on the premiere of Hunger Games. What is the deal with her? Does she have some sort of drug problem? Or does she think this is funny? Well she would, she thinks Amy Schumer is funny.
  • Meanwhile here is someone who is genuinely funny and stole that basic bitch's thunder - Woody Harrelson showed up on the red carpet in his pyjamas.
  • Please stop giving Shia Lebouf attention. Stop.
  • So Suicide Squad will probably be PG-13. That's a shame.They have really dark characters at play here so why not take it even further and go for R? This movie will do well. Teenage Leto fangirls would still find a way to get in.
  • Guys! GUYS! Margot Robbie is in The Big Short! In bubble bath! If this is not in Academy voters taste, their dicks are definitely not working.
  • You know I'd much rather watch a reality show with Daniel Craig than Spectre:
  •  Wyman Manderly is showing up in season 6 of Game of Thrones. I almost have no strength to write about the idiocy of David Benioff and Dan Weiss anymore. Jesus, the basic thing is to introduce the characters early enough so that the people who watch the show get used to them. Now it’s like season 5 is this gigantic filler with awful writing and downright vile and offensive plot lines like “let’s have Sansa raped” and “let’s have Stannis kill his daughter for no reason and then get killed by a moron aka let’s just slaughter House Baratheon in 10 minutes of screentime” and now they are furiously back paddling and including Manderly, Euron, The Freys, The Tullys…though do not be surprised if every single character returns but these misogynistic fucks still don’t feature Lady Stoneheart.Too little, too fucking late. Enjoy your damn Emmys.
  •  I actually blame HBO more than these two. If you are going to do a project this ambitious and this expensive you should be able to give your writers the outline for it - it was already a smash hit in season 1, so they could have easily set a number of seasons to go, not change it on the whim because maybe a waitress in a restaurant informed someone in charge at HBO "Hey, there is so much stuff in the books that are not on the show!". Now we have 3 switch points - seems that 1. after season 3 2. during writing of season 5 and 3. during writing of season 6 completely insane decisions were made because HBO kept changing the amount of seasons. Season 5 will now be completely disjointed from all of the show - hey, there is a Northern story line but nothing really happens and what happens - where were all those stark loyalists during battle Bolton vs Stannis - makes no sense, hey Brienne just kinda sorta looked at the candle but wait we have stuff for her now, hey remember Grejyoys? they were absent for a year, but look! Here's a new Greyjoy! We could have totally used that in season 5 so that Balon wouldn't, moronically, became a winner of the war of 5 kings, but we didn't. 
  • God, just bring in Stoneheart already.
  • Mark reviews It Follows
  • Wendell reviews The Imitation Game and it's always so nice to read praise for Keira Knightley's brilliant delicate work in that film
  • Alex lists 75 things he loves about Pulp Fiction
  • Brittani reviews Truth
  • m.brown reviews Burnt
  • RELATED POSTS:

    30 comments:

    1. Yeah, I knew Suicide Squad would be a PG-13 the minute they announced it. They can still do plenty dark, though, just without a lot of blood and cuss words.

      Speaking of comic book flicks, I still need to see Ant Man. Love the gifs you use for that one.

      Thanks so much for the link!!! Knightley was awesome!!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh Ant-Man is fantastic, hope you get to see it soon! I really hope SSquad will still be very, very dark

        Delete
    2. Hi Margaret! Man you’ve been super busy, you poor thing! I hope you get some rest soon, and I wish you the best on your bar exam! Man, I don’t have the strength or brain power to be a lawyer, even just reading about the exam you listed here makes my head hurts!

      Glad you saw End of Tour! I think the performances of Segel and Eisenberg were the best parts of that film.

      Ahah, those Daniel Craig gifs are hilarious, yes I’d rather watch his interviews than Spectre again.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. His interviews are a blast and a movie, from what I'm hearing is rather bad....I saw some praise for it. It's funny how Brosman spoke about it sucking considering he was in that awful Berry/Pike 007 film. The nerve this guy has.

        Delete
    3. Loving Woody Harrelson in his pj's at the premiere! Hahaha

      ReplyDelete
    4. Suicide Squad will be PG-13? BOO!!!!!

      Tom Hardy w/ those dogs is just hurting me as it makes me think about my own dog... *sniff*

      J-Law... this falling down schtick is terrible. She thinks she's all that but.... she's not the BO$$

      Jena is the BO$$: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTfr2g5VAAEjgHU.jpg:large

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think Lawrence fell 3 times this week alone already.

        Delete
    5. Sati, I want to wish you the best of luck on the bar exam!
      Every time I see people talking about Shia and his latest stunts and being like, oh so cool...he's so funny let's make this a meme...I'm like, did you all forget he beat his girlfriend? There is nothing cute or funny about that guy. I can't even believe he decked Hardy on set and lived to tell about it.
      100% agree with all of your comments about GoT and their insane plot decisions.
      Maybe it's me, but I don't look at Patrick Wilson and think 10/10 gotta bang. I look at him and think "Damn, I wish A Gifted Man was still on TV." That show had some potential.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yes! The Hardy thing! Tom has a great sense of humor about this and still seems to be quite shocked that it actually happened

        I haven't seen the show but I heard good things! He is currently killing it on Fargo

        Delete
    6. LOL at those last pictures.

      I'm glad you liked End of the Tour. I thought it was really sweet too, and yay for movies in Minnesota.

      I kind of want to watch Scream Queens now because those gifs are golden. Is it just a one off series or will they continue it? I'm just worried about watching Abigail Breslin with that awful hair color. It doesn't suit her at all.

      GoT better give us Stoneheart. I like that they're bringing in Manderly, because I didn't expect to see him at all. And they have a lot to make up to us after season 5.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Well if the dumb network won't cancel it, there will be more stories in the same universe with whoever survives this season. The next one is supposed to be set on summer camp.

        Delete
    7. Scream Queens is so good! I've given up on AHS, so this is a nice replacement! It's silly and fun and it knows exactly what its trying to be. Aside from Abigal Breslin, everyone is doing a great job. Especially Billie Lourd, Emma Roberts and Neicy Nash.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. So glad you like it! I think Abigail is good, her expressions are so funny. Lourd is a true breakout, though, very talented girl

        Delete
    8. Haha what a fun read! :) I am curious after reading this, what did you think of Trainwreck? (sorry if you have already written about it, I only just found your site)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's an abomination, watchable only thanks to Bill Hader :)

        Delete
    9. May the Seven be with you during the Exam.

      I hate all this cinema regulation where you must be a certain age in order to get in. Shouldn't parents decide? Then again, parents might not know, but how do children get the money to buy a ticket? Parents give it to them. It all goes back to personal responsibility but some people will insist that they know what movies others should not be allowed to watch. Which leads us to movie makers worrying about profits and their movies being rated. Which leads to lesser versions of movies that may need darkness.



      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. No, I think MPAA is just responding to general climate which is just bizarre - there is so much violence in the media, news reports about shooting etc. and yet nudity seems to be so taboo. It's so bizarre that films used to have much braver and risqué scenes 30 years ago than they do now

        Delete
    10. All those Tom Hardy pics and gifs make me want to watch a movie with him. And I have still to watch The End of the Tour and Ant-Man, both on my list. I was going to bail on Marvel with this one, but I hear good thing and we told me that it was different (I'm gonna have to watch Doctor Strange, they have Mads Mikkelsen in it). So finally !

      Love the "Patrick Wilson + scary things behind him". Make me laugh. Really inspired !

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh I think you're gonna enjoy Ant-Man a lot - it's very sweet, entertaining and it's different from other Marvel films. One of the best they've made so far for sure

        Delete
    11. Good luck with the exam! I wish you all the best! I find Craig hilarious these days. I love that gif set. Spectre was terrible. I can't say I blame him for going off script. AHS is still ok. It's just so over the top right now. Murphy usually loses momentum around this time so I don't think you're missing much. Shia will do anything to remain relevant won't he? Poor Shia.

      Oh please don't let the 'Suicide Squad' be rated PG-13. That will just ruin the entire film.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think they can pull it off, it's not impossible for PG 13 to be really edgy - Trick or Treat did it well enough and Krampus looks like it can accomplish it too. So if the director pushes hard enough hopefully there will at least be innuendos. I mean what the hell has happened to entertainment - shrek movies are naughtier than those superhero flicks these days

        Delete
      2. I hope so. You're right about movies wimping out these days. I wish Goyer would stick to his guns to make the film R. Stateside, 'Trick r Treat' was rated R. I'm not sure what it was rated overseas. I kinda want to see 'Krampus,' but the PG-13 rating makes me hesitant.

        Delete
      3. Oh really? I could have sworn T&T was PG 13.....I think Krampus will be good, some people who saw it said they are surprised it wasn't R rated because there is some violent stuff in it

        Delete
    12. Patrick Wilson's picture in the end just .. made my day.

      PS: I'm behind with everything.. I hate work because of this. Though I have spent a lot of time reading instead of watching things but still.. I even have lost the desire to catch up to shows. I haven't even seen half the Shameless last season, though I think it has been ruined forever.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. The third creature is the scariest one for sure.

        I don't think I've even seen Shameless beyond ...season 4? I haven't seen AHS in weeks

        Delete
    13. I'm seriously sitting here and clapping at your little Thrones rant. These imbeciles have made such dumb choices and I cannot believe that they won an Emmy for season five's various atrocities, thereby reinforcing the fact that dumb choices = praise. Hardy and dogs makes it better though!

      I hope everything went okay with your bar exam! :D You can do it!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Well I didn't do it this time but hey, one day I'll roll in like the old lady from titanic after so many tries and i will nail it :)

        Delete
    14. Oh, I LOVED Segel and Eisenberg in The End of the Tour! They give their best performances there.

      Suicide Squad should just be full-on R. Ugh, toned-down blockbusters are usually lacking something.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. My only consolation with SSquad atm is that no matter what there is no way it's gonna be worse than Batman v Superman :)

        Delete