Friday, April 22, 2016

(232) It's time for D&D to abuse us again + links

By Sati. Friday, April 22, 2016
  • Look at TGW writers doing gods work and making JDM do the above.
  • Gimple, take notes. 
  •  Happy JDM birthday day!
  • Reached the issue of TWD where Carl is in Negan's Sanctuary. I cannot wait to see that on TV. 
  • Henry Cavill gave his 19 year old girlfriend a promise ring. I wonder what else he can do to become even less attractive. Kick a child? Say something overtly racist? Shit himself?
  • Remember that time Johnny Depp acted like an asshole and left his two Yorkies, Pistol and Boo, in Australia? Well, now there is this.
  • Is he even conscious? 
  • GoT season begins Sunday so my entire life is officially on pause. Are we all ready for D&D to fuck us up again?
  • So Thoros of Myr is gonna be in this season of Game of Thrones. Let's round up - the Freys are back, Thoros is back, Brienne and Jaime are going to Riverlands, Beric will not be back. Is there any reason to have Thoros back and not Beric if LSH is not in the show? Nope. But there's always danger of D&D, by some miracle, finding a way to fuck up. But the LS hype is strong this year you guys. I'm sure even people who lack self awareness to the point of psychopathy - and that includes D&D - realize if someone lowers that hood and it ain't her people will be very, very disappointed. Having all of the elements of HER story arc and not having HER on the show would be 1000000x worse than that asinine TWD cliffhanger. Or even that Sansa arc in season 5. And that's saying something.
  • Also those saying Sansa is gonna be Stoneheart need to shut it. Educate yourselves in leaked plot from episode 9. 
  • I may actually review episodes this year after all. I may need a place to vent and my GoT board is waaaay too positive place for me to rip the show apart. People over there actually still believe this show is great.
  • My hype for the show is at all time low but my hype for LS is at all time high. It's very confusing.
  • Oh and I know how the premiere ends. If you guys wanna know head to my board for the show.
  • Oh shut up, Lena Headey.  Headey's words not only show that she isn't much of an actress if she cannot even pretend to feel other than she does (that is what acting is!) but she is actually saying these words thinking she is right? While she tries to berate fans for being "perverts"? Just how far in their aasses is the cast and the crew of this show? Fucking far, man. 
  • We have first trailer and poster for Woody Allen's latest Cafe Society. The poster is very good, the trailer not so much. Why is Allen forcing us to sit through another movie of his with Eisenberg in the lead role? I bet Carell is gonna be the saving grace of all of this.
  • Joaquin Phoenix is in talks to play Jesus. Well, that will be interesting.
  • Here is a wonderful article about why Melissa McCarthy deserves to be respected
  •  Gosling and Crowe have better chemistry in this 90 second long video than most couples on screen. 
  • We got first look at gorgeous Elizabeth Banks in new Power Rangers movie and it's.... something  
  • They are making a TV show based on my third favorite movie of all time Snatch. This is an abomination.
  • The second season of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt was kinda a mess. I loved all the famous actors who showed up in it, the Interstellar shade and all the clever touches - like little animated sequence. On the other hand Titus and Kimmy were not as sweet as they used to be towards each other, the whole thing wasn't as funny as the first season and neither of the scenes made me laugh as hard as Titus' horrible appearance on live TV on season 1. 
  • In news that will shock one celebrities really are petty and dumb. 
  • The Girl on the Train trailer is quite awful. The music is in particular terrible - apparently it's Kanye - but really everything other than Blunt looks so bad. Amazingly, the poster is even worse. WTF is that? What does this has to do with anything in the story? A train as a zipper? What?
  •  Just look who they cast as female lead in Blade Runner sequel. Good God! Her "work" in Knock Knock is the worst thing in last year's movies. Not just performance, thing. How many people did she blow for this gig? 
  • Here is a reminder that Ridley Scott sucks nowadays.
  • I'm up to episode 7 of American Crime Story. Marcia, Marcia, Marcia episode was stunning. Sarah Paulson's performance brought me to tears. It's time for her to get that Emmy.
  • m.brown corrupts the youth again this time with the Last Legion
  • Brittani chooses some of her favorite movie astronauts
  • Anna is getting ready for the new season of Game of Thrones and FeelingFuzzier chooses top 5 episodes of the show
  • epilepticmoondancer reviews Mon Roi which I hope to see soon
  • MettelRay also celebrates Jeffrey Dean Morgan's birthday
  • Ruth pays tribute to Prince
  • RELATED POSTS:

    26 comments:

    1. Love that Ryan Gosling new film, or at least I hope to love it because it looks so promisingly good and funny.

      And what the hell @ The Girl on the Train.. It looks bad. I have had the book in my TBR for quite some time, and I think I'm going to pick it up a little before the film.

      I'm at the end of episode 5 with Kimmy at the moment and it's meh. I like the shade and the weird little quirky jokes, but the overall plot is just so empty compared to season 1.
      Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. The book is actually pretty good but the film doesn't look promising, Blunt will definitely be good but not even Ferguson looks like she will be too anymore

        Delete
    2. That Gosling and Crowe clip is everything! I hope that movie doesn't flop!

      ReplyDelete
    3. I have not seen that Johnny Depp/Amber Heard video apology video and definitely don't want to.

      I so want to see The Nice Guys. The Girl on the Train.... that Kanye track bummed me out and I think one of his former friends is right. He is becoming a Kartrashian.

      JDM is 50? He looks younger than that. I might see the new Woody Allen as I'm sort of a completist. Melissa McCarthy deserves more respect as I'm happy she's going to be Sookie St. James again.

      Tina Fey isn't wrong though about Taylor Swift since Swift is so full of herself.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Swift is not someone I'm very familiar with but that joke seems like a silly thing to be upset about

        Delete
    4. The Girl on the Train trailer was awful. I'm still going to watch it because of Emily Blunt but other than that, it looks like it butchered the book. Season 2 of Kimmy Schmidt isn't as funny as the first, but I loved Titus' story line this season.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Titus' storyline was great but he was so much less likable in this season

        Delete
    5. I did not know that about Cavill. What a creep.

      That Depp/dog story was big news down here, mainly cos there isn't much else happening, ha. But that video, HOLY SHIT!! They sound so fucking condescending! "Both warm and direct"?! 'Direct' is a euphemism for asshole, right? Thanks for sharing that vid, I'll have to show my mates

      Plus that video with Crowe and Gosling, again, thanks for sharing! That was hilarious, and the chemistry was indeed great... it felt like they were a married couple! I've gotta see that film as soon as I can. With Crowe in it hopefully it will get a wide release down here.

      Oh, and thank you kindly for the link love :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm so looking forward to The Nice Guys, it looks really funny and Gosling is one of my favorite actors to do comedy, he was just hysterical in The Big Short

        Delete
    6. The Nice Guys looks promising, so I hope that it doesn't disappoint!

      The Girl on the Train trailer looks bad. That music choice was really awful, it reminds me of that cover song that was in one of the Gone Girl trailers. Hopefully this film turns out to be good.

      I really loved UKS Season 2! I think the first season was a bit funnier, but the second one is just really rich in terms of the plot and characters. I loved seeing Lisa Kudrow in the finale.

      American Crime Story was fantastic. I can't see how Sarah Paulson loses her Emmy this year. I mean, I said the same thing when she was nominated for Asylum and Freak Show, but this time, I really don't see her losing. About damn time too.

      By the way, what did you think of The Witch?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I just published semi-review of the movie :) I loved it but it had some serious pacing issues so I couldn't rate it higher than 9,1/10. The performances and the score were superb, though

        Delete
    7. Sansa Stonehaert is a concept that's always pissed me off. I've lost count at how many times I've yelled "you're wrong" at people on the internet for suggesting that.

      I saw that Cafe Society poster, looked at everyone that was starring in it and was like "Wow, I like a few of those." Then saw it was a Woody Allen film. Nope. lol

      I'm still so disappointed with the Girl on a Train trailer. The movie better not be like that. Ugh.

      Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's really even worse than Talisa suggestion. Sansa wasn't at RW which is key, Blackfish went out to piss so he is also a terrible suggestion

        Delete
    8. The Girl on the Train doesn't look that great but I hope the trailer is misleading and it's better than we expect.

      I am not sure why Lena is getting all worked up, were there critics of her using a body double for that scene? She was the best part of that abysmal season finale.

      Nope to Sansa Stoneheart. Big old nope. Of course I am still a big old nope to Sansa, Queen of the North too.

      JDM wears 50 well.

      I absolutely loved American Crime Story and Sarah Paulson was a standout. She should be getting an Emmy. So should Courtney B Vance and the actor who played Chris Darden. This was probably my favorite show of the TV season so far, it was well done.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think the show will get plenty of Emmy love, it was incredibly well written and the performances were just outstanding, hopefully it's finally Paulson's turn to win, she is long overdue

        Delete
    9. Thanks so much for the link, Margaret.

      Happy belated b'day, Jeffrey! Boy that first gif… yum! :P

      Cavill has a 19 year old girlfriend?? I've been out of the loop about him but then again I really couldn't care less, what in the world is a promise ring anyway??

      Woody Allen's movies seem to have lovely, artistic posters but the films are hit and miss for me. I might rent this one but not in a hurry to do so.

      'The Girl on the Train' poster somehow makes me think of Geisha for some reason.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yep, he has been dating that chick for a while. Promise ring is apparently something like per-engagement ring teenagers give to each other :lol:

        Delete
      2. Ahah yeah, I think the first time I heard of promise ring was when Jonas Brothers were still around LOL!

        I see you're still watching GoT, I thought you'd given up on it now that Stephen is no longer in it.

        Delete
    10. That Girl on the Train poster looks fan made, as in a fan who hasn't read the book and has terrible taste. From the trailer it looks like they're going heavy on the sex theme, probably that.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. That poster is indeed terrible and has nothing to do with th story :/

        Delete
    11. Wahoo! Thanks for the link Sati. What is the leaked plot point for episode 9?! I somehow managed to miss that one!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Sansa is, apparently, gonna be present at the battle with the Boltons in episode 9

        Delete
      2. Ooooh, I'm interested in that. Bloody D&D.

        Delete
    12. "Why is Allen forcing us to sit through another movie of his with Eisenberg in the lead role? I bet Carell is gonna be the saving grace of all of this."

      Yep... pretty much sums up my thoughts on that one exactly. I'm curious to see how Stewart does in an Allen movie though.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Eisnberg is usually annoying but he was just awful in From Rome with Love or whatever that trainwreck was called

        Delete