Friday, November 11, 2016

(261) Let's have some fun + links

By Sati. Friday, November 11, 2016
  •  Welcome to the world where Trump has been elected the president of USA, there is a new Kardashian in the world and Leonard Cohen has died. Well there really is not much for me to do then try to distract you with meaningless gossip and movie/TV news.
  • Westworld increased in ratings by 10%, Now that we have an actual proof of how stupid A LOT OF American people are I am not surprised that TWD is watched by 12x more people than this. Speaking of TWD when I saw this on my tumblr dash I had to ask Brittani if this was an actual scene from the show cause I thought it was a gag reel.
  • I had no idea Ed Harris can do comedy so well:
  • Here's the zoom-in version.
  • I was watching this drunk at 3 AM so when they showed his expression I almost fell off my chair.
  • Next episode looks crazy good. Thandie Newton was on Colbert's show last night and brought a new clip which was amazing. Also we know a big twist is coming. I'm gonna feel so smart if they reveal I was right
  • And now let's move into the meaningless again and appreciate how dam good Brad Pitt looks these days now that heroin-addicted praying mantis is not sucking the life out of him. Also he has been cleared of those ridiculous abuse charges.
  • I saw that crap movie Solace like a year ago and it's only going to be released in December in US? That film is kinda embarrassing. Like the idea is good, the cast is good but it's made like some sort of low budget straight to video movie. Everyone is good here but seriously tell me once again how incredible it is Hopkins is in Westworld considering "how many projects he has". The stuff he has been in lately? Not great.
  • Even the creators of South Park were shocked about the election results and had to re-write the episode with less than 24h till air time. 
  • Behold my tweet!:
  • I thought dick = NC-17? Maybe it's so small R is sufficient.
  • Here's the first look at Johnny 9 Digits in that Harry Potter thing. Apparently he plays Dumbledore's first crush. So they couldn't find anyone else for that part than this mess?
  • Speaking of mess, I am completely not shocked this vulgar chick who hopefully disappears after Thrones ends has terrible taste.
  • And I am also completely not shocked that this one felt the need to write this. Oh good! America is saved now! 
  • Here's the poster for The Beauty and The Beast. Still not great but at least they figured out to hide this awful design in the shadows. The trailer was supposed to be released today but it's been postponed to Monday.
  • The final trailer for Live by Night isn't half as good as the first one but it's still pretty great.
  • I have been trying to watch The Abyss for almost 2 weeks now. I only have 2 days of holidays left and I still didn't manage to finish it. I'm like one hour in. It's as if Cameron got high and those pink glowing things in the water just make me giggle. Also I'm so worried for that rat's well being. Who the fuck brings a rat underwater?!
  • Jordan reviews Arrival
  • Brittani writes about this week's The Walking Dead and Westworld
  • Myerla reviews The Neon Demon 
  • Ruth shares her Five for the Fifth for November
  • Keith reviews Doctor Strange
  • m.brown saw Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates for some reason
  • RELATED POSTS:

    20 comments:

    1. Thanks for the link Margaret! I'm still enjoying my blogging break, not sure when I'm gonna start blogging again, don't even have the energy to write reviews lately.

      I know you're not wowed by the design of The Beauty and The Beast live action film but that poster is sooo pretty!! I guess I'm feeling nostalgic as it's one of my fave Disney princess movies. Can't wait to see the trailer on Monday.

      Happy weekend!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        I'm not that impressed with trailer...I like some of the shots which are the same as in animated movie but the design of the beast is still so jarring

        Delete
    2. This has been the worst week ever. I don't want to live in a planet where Leonard Cohen is no more and a Fascist, racist, misogynist asshole is going to become President next year while the Kartrashians continue to spawn little demons. Yes, this is the same country that wants to watch trash TV instead of quality like Westworld.

      Sophie Turner and a Jonas Brother? Oh honey, she could do so much better but apparently, she's not that smart. BTW, are Emilia Clarke and Maisie Williams single?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Eh she deserves him :P Are they? Clarke used to date MacFarlane so her taste ain't that great

        Delete
    3. My Rambling TV posts must look so bipolar. Bitching about TWD and slobbing all over Westworld's knob lol. Thanks for the link!

      I cannot stop looking at that gif of MIB. It's so hilarious.

      I wonder if Amber Heard is pissed Johnny signed onto that after their divorce so she couldn't take that money too?

      I'm glad Pitt is out there doing press for Allied. He should stand tall.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I really missed him this week, what the hell! His scenes usually have humour in them this episode was morbid as hell, great but very very disturbing

        Delete
    4. I am a bit behind on Westworld so I skipped the first half of the post just in case.

      Depp being cast as Dumbledore's first crush is just weird. I mean, sure, he can act, and he is better at acting than Eddie what's his name, but I don't think Depp has been any good at acting these past years. He's struggling, and I don't see how such a messed up man can now be linked to the Harry Potter franchise.. just feels wrong.

      But I'll be sure to catch up with Westworld as soon as I can!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. People who saw the movie say he is pretty good in that cameo he has but given his reputation it's weird that the studio cast him in what is essentially a kids movie

        Delete
    5. Holy shit, Ed Harris! That face is...beyond words. Maybe I should just moan awkwardly?

      You know, at this rate, we're gonna full-frontal in Disney movies, with how often will show a giant dick on TV. Hell, a talking dick at that.

      Whoa, I think you just outed my weird fetish for drug-riddled insects. Thanks for that (Look, that chick is cuh-razy, but there was a time she was hot as f--k).

      First Trump, and now Depp and Redmayne together? Sweet Jesus, I wonder which one will out-bumble the other? I think the phrase 'pardon me' may be uttered over 9,000 times.

      Thanks for the link! Glad I could bring some sophistication to the our blogging community with 1,000 words on Mike and f--king Dave. Solid plan, right?

      (PS, we're moving in in January with you...sometime around the 20th, just a heads up)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm gonna drop by your website soon to leave comments, it's just been busy time lately :) I think Redmayne and Depp may be a better option than Trump :/ I think anything would be, actually...

        Delete
      2. Are you going to see Fantastic Beasts? My son is oddly interested...so, yep. I'm in. For this one.

        F--king Trump. My goodness.

        Delete
      3. Yeah seen it today gonna write about it in RF :)

        Delete
    6. Thanks again for the link love :)

      I know you wrote a lot more, but... Trump. Fucking Trump. I have never felt anything after a US election... now I feel uncertain. What the fuck is going to happen?? The election certainly does prove how moronic many Americans are - at every Trump rally you'll hear a "USA USA USA" chant - the chant of morons. Like when people yell 'Aussie Aussie Aussie!", I want to shoot them in the face.

      Speaking of, hopefully we get a nice, juicy assassination. Now that'd be entertainment!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        For me the worst part is that apparently 46% didn't even vote?! That's just awful

        Delete
    7. Hi Sati, I hope you're well. I can't even talk about the election. I can't even. Unfortunately, the 46% doesn't surprise me. It's not easy to vote in this country. In other countries it's a national holiday and also based on popular votes...not so here. That's a whole other story.

      On to Westworld. This ep was really great. A nice twist with Bernard. I can't wait for you to watch the Abyss. I did an in-depth behind the scenes blog post a few years ago. Ed Harris is such a boss. He literally almost died making this film. Literally. You should watch the behind the scenes after you watch the film. The rat was not harmed. There really is this special fluid the navy was working on that allowed for breathing in liquid. Something to do with how mammals breathe in amniotic fluid in the womb...The rat went on to live a happy rat life.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I need to find that post of yours! So glad to read about the rat, what a cute little guy!

        Delete
    8. Indeed, a new Kardashian in the USA. Got my popcorn ready to watch this mess unfold...

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I just saw they put her birth certificate online. God these people :/

        Delete
    9. Great post, Ed Harris has to be one of the most reliable actors out there. Whether the role be big or small, he makes his presence felt. I will have to check out Westworld when I get the time.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh absolutely, he is incredible! He is just fantastic in Westworld, hope you get a chance to see it!

        Delete