Saturday, November 19, 2016

(262) and the Niffler steals the show + links

By Sati. Saturday, November 19, 2016
  • Happiness! Westworld has been renewed for season 2! Woooo!
  • The show had another increase in ratings but it is still below 2 mln live audiences. What the hell are people doing on Sunday nights?!
  • I dragged my tired ass to the cinema today. I wanted to see Doctor Strange 3D, Nocturnal Animals or Arrival. We have 5 cinemas here and neither had the showing time that would suit me which is 15-30 minutes after I finish work. I am so tired after work that I have no energy to wander the mall until the movie. So I went to see the one that was playing which was Fantastic Beasts and How to Find Them
  • The film didn't do as good job as Harry Potter in leaving you with this 'can't wait to see more!' feeling but it was enjoyable. Redmayne played a dude who was saving animals so that immediately made me root for his character. There was however a scene where he is seducing a magical rhino and all I could hear was RDJ saying "You went full retard. Never go full retard, man". Unfortunately him being in lead role meant I had to watch 2h of him twitching, not maintaining eye contact with anyone and in general his awfulness. Thank God Colin Farrell was in this because woah he looked hot. And the suit and the dark coat combo? My God. Drooled a little bit. Also the actors who played Queenie and Kowalski were terrific - I've never seen any of them before but they really almost stole the film. Almost because this little guy - a creature called Niffler - stole it:
  •  I think the studio made a major mistake of revealing Depp's cameo. I don't know how many people in my screening read the news but it was pretty big piece of info that was everywhere lately. That said the audience's biggest reaction was Depp showing up. I swear people nearly shat themselves. Jesus, the man is bloated as hell, drinks, shoots up, abuses kitchen cabinets and is lazy to the point I wonder if he even has just one good performance in him left, but man, is he a major audience magnet. 
  • And I had the worst trailers with this - cringing so hard through that stupid Ritchie's King Arthur, Kong Skull Island and Cotillard and Fassdong wasting their talents in that Assassin's Creed thing.
  • In other news - ever since Brad Pitt escaped from Azkaban he is looking fantastic!
  • Hiddles truly has no shame
  • Carrie Fisher is disgusting. Her perpetual use of Harrison for fame for years is pathetic to watch and now she did it again. She is now saying he cheated on his wife. So she is not only a home wrecker but tarnishes a man's reputation to sell books. He is pathetic too like everyone who has affairs. And then she is like 'well how long was I supposed to wait to reveal this?". Wait for what? Her chance to write that and earn money? Forever is the answer. And she goes "I'm not hurting anyone". Yeah just his children who will now read their father cheated on their mother. Imagine reading your father used to bang some trash in the 70s and cheat on your mother. Who is she hurting indeed!
  • And amazingly she is not the worst part of this - people who for years ship real people make me sick considering Harrison has a wife. But now they are celebrating? Brain-dead SJW tumblr youths celebrating a married man and a father of two fucking a nineteen year old unstable, insecure, high co-star. I wanna vomit on everyone involved in this.
  • Hey, speaking of vomit - That Beauty and the Beast trailer dropped. I saw someone describe the Beast as something you get if Chewbacca fucked a goat and it's hard to disagree. Emma Watson looks awful - she is so skinny and looks like a hipster teenage. The house appliances...no. Just a mess. A shame that the company which caters to children is so motivated by greed they are willing to tarnish all those classics with new, inferior versions. I can just sense there will be some flying fairies again just to justify the 3D to get more money out of people.
  • Shelley Duvall's mental problems are being exploited by Dr. Phil. It's all so horrible and sad. 
  • Michael Shannon's responses about people who voted for Trump are hilarious but they also show what is wrong with extreme liberal types - the complete lack of respect for older generations or people who just want to survive and live with decent wage is astounding. That said him saying 'Fuck them, you're an orphan now" when the journalist said his parents voted for Trump made me laugh so hard
  • New trailer for Jackie was absolutely fantastic. I really cannot wait to see this.
  • Ghost in the Shell trailer is terrific. So many shots reminded me of Westworld. I really think this can be good, never seen the original movie but will have to watch it before this one premiers
  • Snowpiercer was on TV just now. I've never seen it before. What the fuck was this movie? Captain America cried about eating the meat of the babies. Jesus! I watched 2h of this to see Ed Harris show up to deliver some monologue in a bathrobe and then see an explosion and some two dumbass kids that this polar bear will probably kill instantly? Maybe I missed something. The screen of my TV is bigger than my computer so I got lost in those blue eyes as he was monologuing and perhaps I missed like..all of it.
  • Ruth shares a great scene from Inception
  • Keith, Brittani and Alex review Arrival
  • m.brown reviews Doctor Strange
  • Jordan and FlickChicks review Nocturnal Animals
  • RELATED POSTS:

    20 comments:

    1. Tom Hiddleston... the wrath of Swift made him lose his dignity. I have no interest in seeing Fantastic Beasts and How to Find Them as I'll just wait for it on TV.

      Dr. Phil, what a cocksucker. The trailers for Jackie and Ghost in the Shell... fuck yeah!! Bullet Club bitches!!!!!

      I love Michael Shannon more than ever. I also read he slept through the whole screening of the Superman movie he was in.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Ah yeah I forgot he mentioned that sleeping through DC shitfest thing :P

        Delete
    2. How was Ezra Miller in Fantastic Beasts? I want to see it but I don't think I'll get a chance to until after Thanksgiving.

      That's really shitty of Carrie Fisher to talk about an affair, but not as shitty as Dr Phil and that Shelley Duval interview. What the actual fuck?!

      I don't even feel bad for Michael Shannon not respecting elders. Our elders voted for a racist because they can't handle the thought of a woman running our country.

      I love Snowpiercer lol. That movie is great.

      Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. He is fine, very creepy but I usually find him creepy as hell :)

        What did you like about Snowpiercer?:D That ending was so ridiculous

        Delete
    3. Good rambler today Sati. I love Harrison too, but in defense of Fisher, the affair btw her and Harrison was one of the worst kept secrets in fandom. I've gone to conventions and it was pretty much known that she and Ford had an affair during Star Wars. From what I've read, he had a multitude of affairs on his first wife...which is really sad. She eventually divorced him and he married Melissa Mathison (who wrote ET). They eventually divorced and then he married Calista years after that. But now...in an act that I believe is redemption...he is taking care of his first wife who has some sort of illness. He and Calista Flockhart are actively caring for her, visiting her, and paying for all of her medical treatments. It was very wrong of Carrie and Harrison, but it seems like everyone has moved on from what happened 40 years ago and are hopefully better people.

      Carrie Fisher is always over the top and brutally honest. When I've seen her at conventions she smokes and drinks openly and talks about her former cocaine habits. She is like someone's vulgar grandma who won't stop telling embarrassing stories.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's just beyond poor taste. Using something like this to sell the books...has she no self respect or regard for other people? It's nice Harrison is taking care of his wife, shame he is now in the spotlight because someone doesn't respect his privacy

        Delete
    4. The Ghost in the Shell movie seems like it's going to be a faithful adaptation, even with the ScarJo casting. I just hope it's good as it looks. I wish they went with a different actor for the Depp role in Fantastic Beasts, he doesn't seem to fit the character. There are a lot of funny scenes in that movie but I agree that it doesn't have the same power the Harry Potter movies had.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah it's just not as gripping but the universe was cute and the main sisters character were so lovely I will definitely see the sequels!

        Delete
    5. Hey thanks for the link Margaret!

      Glad I bailed on 'Fantastic Beasts and How to Find Them' screening. I went to LOVING screening instead which is definitely a very good decision. I just can't be interested in Redmayne.

      Ahah I thought that bit w/ Hiddles in a gorilla suit was funny but yeah, it's hard to take him seriously anymore.

      As for Carrie Fisher, I think she's always been brutally honest that often goes too far. I don't know why anyone would want to keep digging the past, esp something so embarrassing like that. That's the thing w/ Hollywood, there seems to be no ethics whatsoever. People just use and hurt each other like rag dolls.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        The thing is she is dragging someone else with her, and I bet Harrison would want to keep something like that private. I just find it very disrespectful to Calista

        Delete
    6. That Ghost in the Shell trailer left my jaw on the floor. I can't wait!

      What Dr. Phil is doing to Shelley Duvall is absolutely DISGUSTING.

      Hiddles is a MESS, and that Kong movie looks ridiculous...and not in a fun way.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Ghost in the Shell looks really terrific, the only thing that worries me is that its director is that dude who made Snow White with Stewart and that was mediocre at best

        Delete
    7. Thanks kindly for the link love, as always sati :)

      LOL at Hiddles. I still like him as an actor, but damn....

      Westworld season 2? HELL YES!! I still need to catch up though, only at episode three so far? Its not on Aussie TV so I need to download them =/

      oh, and thanks for that link to the Shannon interview! The orange man, hahaha. I do agree with you that many on the left take it too far, but fuck, I don't understand how anyone can see Trump as anything but a fucking sociopath.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        Yeah it's like he has no shame :/

        Oooh cannot wait for you to get to episode 4, my favorite one!

        Delete
    8. and that shit with Shelly Duvall? what the FUCK?! Fuck man, The Shining seems to have totally wrecked two of the three main characters. The little kid never appeared in anything else as far as I know

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah I think I read somewhere that Shining really took a toll on her and worsened her health problems :/

        Delete
    9. That Shelley Duvall promo on Dr. Phil is so damn sad. Just leave the poor woman alone.

      I also think Jackie looks sooo good. Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Jackie looks incredible. I heard Mica Levi's score is particularly awesome and I loved her work in Under the Skin

        Delete
    10. So sorry I've been in hiding for a week or so, I've been desperately catching up with Westworld! I'm now fully up to date, and feeling a mixture of heartbreak over episode 7 and excitement for a season 2 announcement!!
      I'm trying to cover my ears (eyes?) and pretend Carrie Fisher never said anything. I don't want to know, I want to like her but to come out with that just to sell a book...I'm gutted.
      Thanks for the link! :)
      - Allie

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. So glad you all caught up on Westworld! It's such a terrific show and I hope Nolan can deliver one hell of a finale a week from now

        Delete