Saturday, April 14, 2012

(22) Bardot, Rapace, Theron, mobsters, dogs and poisons + links

By Sati. Saturday, April 14, 2012
  • I'm rewatching 'The Sopranos". Such a great series. Though the final episode is still insanely bizarre. I love it when Tony swears, it's fantastic. And Paulie getting annoyed with all kinds of shit. And the episode where him and Christopher were in the woods looking for the Russian. Wow.
  • The word is that there will be new Batman, yet another version. I hope that they will finally feature Harley Quinn. Such a great character. Somebody should do a feature film based on "Mad Love".
  • Amy Adams looks gorgeous on "On the Road" poster. I had no idea she's even in this movie. I'm definitely anticipating it now even more than before. She always looks so natural and sweet.
  • I'm nearly finished writing my "Shame" review. God damn, that one was hard. I had this obsessive need to wrote about all the things I observed. And since the movie leaves so much open, man, did I researched articles about psychology. On a related note, splitting gifs, finding images and putting new gifs together will kill me one day. That task is insanely frustrating.
  • Today I had a lecture about poisons. Apparently if you drink 0,5l of vodka in about 40 minutes, you'll die. I'm glad Nic Cage's character didn't do that in "Leaving Las Vegas". It would be a much shorter movie.
  • Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are rumoured to join Fassbender in "The Counsellor". I'm on board with Pitt being in it, but Angelina as female lead? Bad idea. I can't see her in this movie at all. Also her and Pitt on screen are a bad combination.
  • I'm obsessed with Brigitte Bardot. She's so lovely. And she loves animals. I'm gonna watch "Contempt" this weekend.
  • London and Paris were lucky cities this week. New footage from Prometheus was shown there. Noomi Rapace, Charlize Theron and Michael Fassbender were there. I love Noomi, for many reasons and also new one - because she looks so tiny comparing to Theron. Man, I'd look like that too.
  • Speaking of Theron with every single week I love her even more. I noticed the picture of her and her dog on PETA's page on facebook. Adorable.
  • Having read about the footage from Prometheus yet again I made a mistake of looking at Giger's artwork looking for the possible look of the monsters in the movie. I'm rarely disturbed but this man's visions are nigthmare-inducing. I'm gonna shit myself watching this film in 3d.
  • April Fools brought the most cruel joke ever - there was a rumour one of my favorite actors Michael Sheen will appear in my favorite series "The Thick of it". Had it happen, I would be so happy. But it was a "joke". Stupid fucking day.
  • What is with this teasers for trailers? Insane. Seems like every movie nowadays gets promoted this way.
  • "Sin City 2" was announced. Again. How hard is it to finally shoot this movie?
  • Apparently Rooney Mara has a dog. When a celebrity has a dog, I instantly love that person more. Look at that little creature. Adorable.
  • We've been making the apartment safer for the dog this week. He'll be joing us in a month, but as I look around my house I figured it's like the house from "Saw" here - cables, 3rd floor balcony, sockets, plants on the floor. 
  • I started a new series on the blog "Rising Stars". It's shocking how many great actresses and how few good actors there are. 
Links:

    16 comments:

    1. Thanks for the linkage. You love The Piano Teacher? Awesome.

      Pine Barrens, directed by Steve Buscemi is my all-time favorite episode of The Sopranos. Just in terms of the insanity that happens while Chris and Paulie are lost in the snowy woods and nearly tried to kill each other.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I adore Thr Piano Teacher, it's such an incredible film! I love Pine Barrens, it's probably my favorite too, loved Paulie and Chris in the woods and the moment Paulie lost his shoe :D

        Delete
    2. Thanks for the shout out! You're awesome. And that picture of Rooney Mara + dog is a little too adorable. And I'm stoked for your Shame review!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! I hope you'll like it, it's insanely long :)

        Delete
    3. I hope you like Contempt. Bardot is great in that (so is Fritz Lang). I watched it last week :D
      Man, I'm so pumped for Prometheus!!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I loved the film, Bardot was just amazing. I will try to review it soon. I can't wait for Prometheus and I'm glad there aren't any major spoilers floating around yet.

        Delete
    4. The Pine Barrens is definitely my favorite Sopranos episode. I loved any episode where Paulie and Chritopher were together.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Paulie always has the best lines :) I love how superstituous he is and how obsessed he was about 3 AM thing.

        Delete
    5. Love Amy Adams! Love Noomi Rapace! Love Charlize Theron! All great actresses! Look forward to your Shame review. You've certainly got me intrigued!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You must be excited for Prometheus and "On the Road" then :) Amy is great I'm glad she is in so many movies this year.

        Delete
    6. Thank you for the link.
      They were showing The Artist on my flight. It reminded me of you :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Haha, now half of the passangers will get Jack Russels :)

        Delete
    7. Thanks for the shout out. I look forward to your thoughts on This Must Be The Place.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! I very much liked the film, I should review it this weekend if I find the time.

        Delete
    8. THANK YOU for this link and helping to spread exposure on my flick!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. My pleasure! Can't wait to see the movie :)

        Delete