Friday, April 20, 2012

(23) "I'm no lady" + links

By Sati. Friday, April 20, 2012
  • Prometheus marketing campaign got a lot of attention this week with the release of viral video featuring Michael Fassbender who plays an android in the movie. That basically spawn a lot of attention all over tumblr, twitter, conversations about possible Oscar nod for the Fass and the most astonishing - the video was actually featured on front page on imdb.com. Not like a trailer or anything, it was simply there, separately.
  • As you can see Prometheus already gave us something wonderful - an idea of the World where everyone can have their very own Fassy. If that's not brilliant science fiction then I don't know what is.
  • I was laughing for several minutes when I saw promo poster including David - there is a mention of fireproof underwear there. Anything to protect the Fassdong. 
  • Also this video below. When they mentioned AVP and showed the girl crying I nearly broke a rib, I laughed so hard.
  • I made Prometheus inspired header for the blog, which took me a long time - blending images, adding textures, but I really like the way it looks.
  • Also you can see little symbols on the side bar - the heart will take you to the page about my favorite films, which is still under construction - I find that writing 2 sentences about a movie is more difficult than writing entire review. Also I forgot to include a lot of films.
  • Soon new symbols will follow, featuring a new series on the blog and a bee named Oscar, which is buzzing...
  • Sophia Coppola's "The Bling Ring" is being shot right now and Emma Watson and Taissa Farmiga look gorgeous on the set. 
  • The First poster for Neil Jordan's Byzantium which stars Gemma Arterton and Saoirse Ronan as vampires is up. It looks much better than I expected.
  • It's Jessica Lange's 63th birthday today and there are wonderful news concerning her - not only is she returning in second season of "American Horror Story" but also she will be running an asylum for the insane in the show, which will be primary setting for the story. Lovely Lily Rabe and Sarah Paulson are also returning to the series. This seriously has the potential to be even better than the first season.
  • Cannes line up was announced this week and the most exciting thing that came along with it were the new trailers for David Cronenberg's Cosmopolis. It looks like we may see Cronenberg return to his old style, which is a smart move after misfire that "A Dangerous Method" was.
  • Game of Thrones was amazing last Sunday - Natalie Dormer made her debut as Margaery Tyrell and she was absolutely lovely. It was much different than her performance as Anne Boleyn - here she plays very supportive and understanding wife, and she will be a prominent part of the cast. As much as I loved the scenes with her, Cersei and Tyrion and basically everything that is happening on King's court, the parts with Jon Snow and Bronn are incredibly boring. I understand girls love them, but my God as I read the books I actually hoped they will get axed soon. The real star of the episode was Gwendoline Christie, who stars as Brienne, extremely tall, broad shouldered girl who is excellent with a sword - we were introduced to her character during a tournament and it was a brilliant scene. Tons of great lines in the episode too - "They are the knights of summer and the winter is coming", "I'm no lady" and "A very small man can cast a very large shadow". Honestly for me the show could lose the Starks completely, except for Cat, as I just finished "A Storm of Swords" and I can't wait to see all of this in TV series. The Red Wedding sequence will be mind blowing and it will seriously make the execution scene from the penultimate episode of season 1 pale in comparison, I'm sure of that.
  •  I still haven't seen new episode of Mad Men as for some reason, this show depresses me. I mean with all the babies being killed and violence, at least after "Game of Thrones" I don't want to shoot myself. Maybe it's because all of the characters in Mad Men either don't have a purpose for living or their purpose is itself very depressing?
  • I saw Haywire this week and it was awesome. Really great action film, with superb score by David Holmes and tons of great fight scenes and excellent actors. I don't get why so many people didn't like it, it was a simple film, yes, but it was very well made.
  • Oh and THIS. I was waiting for someone to make gifs from this epic scene.
Links:

    21 comments:

    1. I was skeptical about The Bling Ring because I wasn't fond of the premise but now I'm kind of excited though I will maintain low expectations. I do like that Byzantium poster. Natalie Dormer... oh yeah!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I hope at the very least it will be better than Somewhere :)

        Delete
      2. ...Oh yeah!!
        Great comment matey.

        Delete
    2. Thank you Sati. I am pretty proud of that AVENGERS review. I was lucky to see it at a fan screening, four days before the media/embargo. Hence, it was ready at the cut-off, and one of the first uploaded in the world. Thanks for sharing!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You should be, it's a great review! I'm very excited for the movie and your review only made me want to see it more.

        Delete
    3. Jesus, that Prometheus ad was creeeeeeeeeeepy.

      Cosmopolis looks awesome! As does the poster for Byzantium.

      I've been wondering if I should watch Game of Thrones. We just got the first season at Blockbuster and I've been tempted to get it out, but it has been renting like crazy. It looks pretty good.

      I'm reconstructing my sidebar at the moment. I just realised how you do that highlighting thing (sorry for stealing your idea), so I'm going to optimise everything for that. Alas, it'll never be as good as what you have!

      And what are you using now for photo editing? Picnik has shut down :'(

      Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's really a great series - fantastic acting and execution of the story which is quite a spin on fantasy genre.

        I'm sure it will be awesome, don't worry about copying it if I can help anyway I'll be happy to :)

        Picnic shutting down is a bummer, there are effect from it in google creative kit and picmonkey, but most of my favorites aren't there, so I'm just waiting for them to appear. I made a bunch of images for my ongoing series on the blog before they shut down picnic, just in case.

        Delete
    4. Poor Hitler. I understand his pain but I think as usual he needs to control himself. That was hilarious! Great banner and gifs. The page looks amazing! And thanks so much for the link!

      Cosmopolis looks awesome! Very excited for that too! Have a great weekend!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you and you're very welcome!

        Delete
    5. 1.The header is amazing, you, miss, have some great Photoshop/photo altering program skills :)
      2. The Hitler speech has been used so many times for so many things that I have grown to be tired of it, but it's also funny- the reactions are priceless
      3. LOVE Game of Thrones- i only read the first book, but I know what happens in principle- some great things are coming, although the second series, the one showing now, is not extremely eventful. Things get juicy from the third one, as I read! Also, I want the Starks to stay, I love them, too!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh, the third one will make people astonished and angry, I think, though I'm very happy that my favorite Jaime will have a lot of things to do :)
        Thanks so much, I'm glad you liked it as most of the time when I do graphics I usually have no idea what may become of them ^^

        Delete
    6. I didn't even realize Prometheus is gonna be PG-13. What a bummer.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's not certain yet - MPAA hasn't made any decisions, but it was implied that it may PG-13, though from what I heard about the content of the film I find it impossible for it to be anything other than R.

        Delete
    7. Thank you so much for the mention Sati, that's very kind of you!

      I adore the Prometheus love that's going on over here; and I fully condone anything that protects the Fassdong.

      I've not seen any of the new Mad Men either, I really need to have a mini marathon. I heard that Betty puts on a lot of weight; January Jones in a fat suit certainly demands a watch!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome, it's a great review!

        I saw few new episodes, but as Sunday approaches I usually only think about Game of Thrones, Betty indeed gained a lot of weight and Jones's acting improved a little along with that.

        Delete
    8. Thanks for the linkage to my set of posts and for all the great comments you left on them.

      Spoilers for people who have not read the Game of Thrones books:

      I love Game of Thrones, too. I can understand where you are coming from in regards to the Starks, from having read through the third book, but I really like Arya. She's one of my two favorite characters, along with Tyrion. Martin just had her spinning her wheels for the second and third books, though. The next two give her much more interesting things to do.

      I could have done with A LOT fewer pages of Brienne in book 4. You'll see why when you read it.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Arya is really cool, but I agree in the first books there is not much for her to do. Sansa is a little bland, but I do like the way Sophie Turner is portraying her in the show.

        Delete
    9. Thanks for the link! I also agree with Diana, your new header is a beauty.

      At first I was afraid when they cast Dormer for the role because she is so different from book Margaery, but now I think she will work out well.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        Yes, there is age difference and Dormer is more of acquired-taste beauty, but I love the way she is portraying Margeary so far!

        Delete
    10. Hi Sati, thanks for the link love, really appreciate it! Glad you agree about Nikolaj, he's so underrated, I wish he'd do more film work.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh me too, I only saw him in Game of Thrones so far but I plan to watch Headhunters.

        Delete