Friday, April 27, 2012

(24) Shadow, baby! + links

By Sati. Friday, April 27, 2012
  • I'm bringing in some changes to the blog - I've been playing around with photo manipulating programs lately and I will be adding edited screen caps in each of the reviews. I love making them look like they are paintings or cartoons. 
  • Game of Thrones was mind blowing last Sunday. I love the scene where Tyrion helped out Sansa and the ending which caused a lot of confusion among non-bookreaders. I was sceptical towards Carice van Houten playing Melissandre but she really rocked this episode. I can't wait to see the next scene featuring the shadow in the upcoming episode. There was also a scene that almost made me yell "What's in the box?!". Se7en Forever! Oh and this gif below. This show could just be Tyrion and Bronn walking around and dissing people and I would still adore it.
  • I saw two cheesy horror movies this week, both were fun and featured nice lines - first one was "The Faculty" which had a monster from outer space and played a lot with the ideas from "The Invasion of Body Snatchers". Second was "Slither' which was infinitely more gross and hilarious - the monster also came from outer space looked like gigantic worm and feasted on flesh.
    At one point when the creature appears in the field one guy says "He looks like something that fell off my dick during the war" I could not step laughing. Also Jenna Fisher was in this movie for maybe 2 minutes but she was the definition of adorable.
  • I also saw Robert Altman's 3 Women and it was amazing. First 10/10 I gave to the movie in 3 months. I love Sissy Spacek so much. However it was Shelley Duvall who totally stole the show for me.
  • I watched Madonna's W.E. and while it wasn't a disaster it was a mess - however the gorgeous cinematography and Andrea Riseborough's performance made it into a decent movie, at times even touching. There were some great individual scenes in the movie. However, it was still a mess.
  • First pictures from Django Unchained popped out in the Internet this week - Leonardo Dicaprio looks bad ass.
  • I actually passed my first step towards the exam from the labor law. The actual exam is a month away and if I pass it I will believe that anything is possible. 
  • New trailer for Prometheus is rumoured to appear this Sunday. I want it to be June already, 3 exams may be awful but this will totally make up for it. And the Russian featurette features some shots that were described in several scripts dismissed as fake. Interesting.
  • I'm eagerly waiting for new Martin McDonagh (of 'In Bruges" fame") movie "The Seven Psychopaths" featuring Colin Farrell and Sam Rockwell who abduct....a Shi Tzu. I'm waiting to see the Shi Tzu the most - they are like insanely fluffy teddy bears! I just hope nothing bad happens to him in the movie. I mean seriously, kill the cast, leave the dog alone Also I hope Abbie Cornish will finally have something to do in the movie - since she was just wandering aimlessly in W.E. Also I bet Woody Harrelson is playing character similar to the one Fiennes played in "In Bruges".
  • Another great news concerning the second season of American Horror Story - Chloe Sevigny is joining the cast and she will play a nymphomaniac. Amazing!
  • Also whenever Nikolaj Coster Waldou is not on the episode of GOT this is my reaction:

  • Florence and the Machine released a song for "Snow White and the Huntsman"
Links:

35 comments:

  1. 1.Thanks for the link! :)
    2. Game of Thrones is freaking amazing! I love Tyron- do you know what happens to him and another important character in book 3 or 4? I haven't read them, but I checked wikipedia and let me tell you, it's a very interesting situation!
    3. Good luck on your exam! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Tyrion has some great moments in upcoming events in season 2 and book 3. I'm on the book 4 curently.

      Delete
  2. 3 Women is probably my favorite Altman movie. I've been pushing that on people for years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing, I finally watched it because I heard people compare it to Persona and Mulholland Drive.

      Delete
  3. I'm terrible with computer stuff. Otherwise I would have loved to do weird things with screencaps too :P

    Seven Psychopaths will be ahmazing. I know it.

    Ooh The Faculty was a great favourite of mine back when I was obsessed with Josh Hartnett.

    Chloe Sevigny in AHS playing a nymphomaniac sounds awesomeeee.

    Also thanks for the link :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've been waiting for new movie from McDonagh for such a long time and now I read it has Sam Rockwell and Shi Tzu. Cannot possibly fail :)

      Delete
  4. That Game of Thrones episode was absolutely jaw dropping! Even though I've read the books, just seeing it all realised so well on tv just makes my week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fantastic, just as I imagined the scene to play out. I hope the next one with the shadow will be equally well made.

      Delete
  5. Some great links/news here. Leo totally looks bad-ass. You should feature more of those edited photos... they're good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the link love! I'm going to see 3 Women next month as one of several films for my Cannes marathon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the first time? I have a feeling you will love it!

      Delete
  7. Thanks once again for the linkage.

    I agree on the "birth" scene from Game of Thrones. It was even a little creepier than in the book. I had a friend email me asking what it was she gave birth to. I just said "something bad" then hinted to him that someone was going to have a REALLY bad day. I think what got some people about the scene is that they had stopped thinking of this as a Fantasy series and this brought that component back with a vengeance.

    I've seen both The Faculty and Slither. I mostly remember the first for the gorgeous naked woman walking around for minutes. I liked Slither a lot. I laughed quite a bit and it had several great lines - most from the Mayor. "Have you EVER seen anything like that? Well I haven't...and I watch Animal Planet all the fucking time." "Bitch is hardcore." If you still have the DVD (if you ever had it) you have to watch the extras with Nathan Fillion. They are hilarious.

    Congrats on taking the next step to being a lawyer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's still a long way! 1 more year of exams and 3 more of legal training but I hope I'll make it. Slither is awesome and The Faculty - the girl was indeed gorgeous I'm surprised she didn't have a bigger career after this movie.

      Delete
  8. I love how you edit your photos - I keep going to do that but I never have the time! Haha.

    I haven't seen W.E. but Andrea Riseborough is great. She's gonna be an actress to keep an eye on in the future.

    Leo looks badaaaaassss. Can't wait for that movie!

    And that Seven Psychopaths poster looks great. Can't wait for that movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she gets more roles in films that get attention, she stars in interesting projects but they never turn out to attract many people.

      Delete
  9. Awesome news about AHS! I'm slowly making my way through the first series :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see any changes you make to the site! I think you have the best looking blog around! I need to get started on Game of Thrones... all this talk is killing me! I'm a big fan of The Faculty. Josh Hartnett is very cool in it, as is Elijah Wood. It loses it a bit at the end but it's got some great scenes! Thanks for the link and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes. Leo Dicaprio looks bad ass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we are going to see the trailer soon.

      Delete
  12. I quite like The Faculty, it's cheesy but good! My other half refuses to watch Slither even though I wouldn't mind seeing it, despite being a horror wuss!

    I heard they're showing a promo for Prometheus on TV on Sunday night too, but it's in the middle of Homeland which isn't something I watch. May just record it to skip to the goods :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slither is quite gross but it's also hilarious so I'd recommend seeing it!

      Delete
  13. Thank you as always for the link! I hope you like the film.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow 10/10 for Robert Altman's 3 Women. Going to move up that movie to the top of my queue for month of May, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really awesome, as surreal as Mulholland Drive and it has amazing performances.

      Delete
  15. Thank you for including me in the Best Actors Relay Race. Had a lot of fun with the post. Also, I just watched the latest Game of Thrones - 'there's no cure for bein' a cunt'. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved the quotes from this show! You're welcome, glad you had fun!

      Delete
  16. Thank you so much for the link love, Sati. Always glad to know another blogger who loves Ang Lee's S&S :D

    Btw, I hadn't heard of "The Seven Psychopaths" but wow what a cast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I adore it, I think I watch it aobut 3 times a year :)

      Delete
  17. Back indeed, thanks for the link!

    I love The Faculty, such a gloriously cheesy guilty pleasure. Seven Psychopaths looks awesome. I just wish Mickey Rourke hadn’t gotten into a pissing match with McDonagh. Woody took Rourke’s place, which is a good switch, but still…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I didn't know that. I actually like Harrelson better than Rourke, he was insanely good in Game Change this year.

      Delete
  18. Thanks for the linkage, Sati! Very much appreciated. I watched The Faculty when I was a teenager and at the moment I thought they're so cool, and I thought Josh Hartnett was a hunk!
    It seems you're anticipating Prometheus a lot, I hope it fits the dream. I seem to be the only one who just feel okay with it. Maybe I skip something? But I always want to watch more of Fassbender.

    ReplyDelete