Friday, May 11, 2012

(26) 0 films + links.

By Sati. Friday, May 11, 2012
  •  Lammy awards 2012 are taking place right now - if you are a LAMB you can vote in variety of categories. To read more about the event - click on the FYC poster above.
  • I have seen 0 movies this week. As in none. I have to study for next month's exams and this is just a nightmare. I have 5 movies with Jean Dujardin and I'm not watching them, because I have to learn. This is the ultimate sacrifice.
  • People have been dropping out of Django Unchained left and right. What is going on on this set?
  • Dark Shadows is getting bad reviews and people are not very enthusiastic towards it. Ah, Eva. I'm so sorry.
  • 2012 Costume Gala took place this week and a lot of stars showed up in beautiful dresses. The best one though was definitely worn by Florence Welch.
  • You've gotta love the Avengers playing with toys.
  • Prometheus track listing form the soundtrack was released today. Some titles are so awesome and ironic. Can't wait to listen to this one. 
  • Parks and Recreation is wonderful recently. The amount of awesome quotes is mesmerizing and today it was announced that the show was renewed for the new season.
  • Game of Thrones was fucking amazing last week. When I read the book I was hoping for one moment to be in the series - when Joffrey got hit with poop. And it happened! The whole rebellion at King's Landing was really scary and very well made. I loved that yet again Tyrion showed so much concern for Sansa. Also - Arya is fighting for her life, Sansa was nearly raped, the little boys have to escape and what does Robb Stark do? He flirts with the nurse. And then all the scenes with Jon hugging Gwen from "Downton Abbey". But apart from those two, I loved the episode. The tension in Arya sequences is amazing. And Daenerys - she is kinda unintentionally funny right now. I think she said the words "I will take what is mine with fire and blood" in every single episode this season. Also check out the amazing Peter Dinklage on the cover of Rolling Stone.
  • My puppy won his first prize in competition. We are bringing him home on Wednesday and I can't wait. So this week I'm not watching movies, next one I'm also taking sleeping out of equation.
  • I think new blogger interface comes from hell. It sucks so unbelievably hard.
Links:


31 comments:

  1. I'm sitting out this year's LAMMYS although I'm probably going to vote you for Best New LAMB.

    The Brainiac prize will be tough as there's so many good writers there. If I was campaigning for the LAMMYs, I would go for that prize.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I definetly voted for you, not sure if for the best reviewer or the brainiac category :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks again for the linkage.

    I'm kind of curious where Game of Thrones is going to go since the latest episode changed several things from the book. I'm enjoying the Arya/Tywin scenes the most among the stuff that is being added.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, their scenes are fantastic. I hope they will have some more in tomorrow's episode.

      Delete
  3. Since Django Unchained has only a few months left until release, these are worrying times indeed. What was even more interesting was the news that Jessica Chastain was in and then dropped out of Iron Man 3 all in the space of a week.

    Good luck for your exams and thanks for the link. I'd vote for you for the Lammy Awards but unfortunately I'm not a LAMB member.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I wish casting news weren't announced at all, because more often than not there are news about people dropping out following.

      Delete
  4. ZOMG! RDJ and Mark Ruffalo playing with toys! :D :D :D :D
    I've definitely nominated you for some Lammy awards! Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link love my friend! You are definitely getting one of my Best Design noms, and are in the running for several others as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope you win best awards coverage, your site always is so up to date with everything. Also waaaay in the future with predictions, of course :)

      Delete
  6. Good luck in the Lammy Awards, I think you deserve Best Design and Best Reviewer at least! And therefore probably Best New Lamb too! I hope others think so too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the idea of the awards, I got to visit a lot of new lambs this week :)

      Delete
  7. Of course your LAMMY poster is perfect. I definitely voted for ya :)

    I feel so sorry for Eva Green. She's not having the best of luck, is she?

    What did your puppy win a prize for? What breed is he? What's his name? (I love puppies!)

    And thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The breeder entered in the kind of contest where they judge how well he represents the breed physically, since he is only 4 months old and he is still a puppy. He is a Yorkshire Terrier, his name is Gustav :)

      Delete
  8. Oh my god- Joffrey being hit with poop, then being slapped by Tyrion- BEST EPISODE EVAAAA!!
    I kind of liked the chick with Jon. Also, I think for a show this epic, it needs one solid romance. So it'll either be with Jon or Robb.
    Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I guess there really isn't any romance going right now. The only two ones where with Deany and Khal and Cat and Ned but this went to hell now :)

      Delete
  9. I so agree on the new blogger interface. The only way I'm switching to it, is if I'm dragged kicking and screaming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's driving me nuts, everything is too big and it makes it horrible to navigate.

      Delete
  10. Congrats with your puppy! That's smooshy. And you've just gotta love RDJ playing with himself. Er. His dolls. WIN.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to see if he likes his new home :)

      Delete
  11. Someone said jokingly that the next Django Unchained piece of news will be that Quentin Tarantino drops out.

    That Avengers photo is so funny, you gotta love RDJ's expression, when Ruffalo kind of hits the Iron Man toy lol

    Thanks a lot for the link!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Haha, I hope nobody else drops out:)

      Delete
  12. Hey thanks so much for the link love, Sati!

    Bummer that you can't watch anything this week, but hey surely your hard work will pay off! Best of luck on your exams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From my experience hard work hardly every pays off, but I'm hoping for the best :)

      Delete
  13. Thanks so much for the link, Sati. You were featured heavily on my LAMMY nominations. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope to see you among the winners :)

      Delete
  14. Thank for the link Sati. Good luck with the Lammy nominations and your exams, I definitely voted for you! What is happening on that Django set? is Tarantino loosing his mind or what?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Perhaps DiCaprio is trying out method acting and he scared everyone away :)

      Delete
  15. if you don't win Best Design at Lammy's, something is wrong with the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you! :) Though, I must say there are many lovely looking blogs out there.

      Delete