Friday, May 18, 2012

(27) Welcome! + links

By Sati. Friday, May 18, 2012
  • My puppy, 4 month old Yorkie - Gustav - is finally here! He is very mad at us when we leave him in the corridor and lock ourselves in the room - since he doesn't know where to pee yet my mother insisted on protecting carpets this way, so he has the kitchen and the corridor for himself. He is barking at every single dog he sees and he is very angry when he sees the pigeons. He loves when we hug him and tickle him and he spends most of his time in his bed, biting the blanket :)
  • I saw Dark Shadows and it was awful. Each year I have high hopes for certain movies and always one of them turns out to be a complete disappointment. In years past those were the cases with "Public Enemies" and "Inception". But "Dark Shadows" was even worse - it was such a mess, which is saddening because I loved first 15 minutes of the movie, I adore Tim Burton and Helena Bonham Carter and Eva Green is one of my favorites as well. The film, for me, is the worst collaboration between Burton and Depp to date. I will try to post the review for this one during weekend. Also - since it was such a disappointment I hope other summer movies I wait for will be good. There can be only one disaster a year.
  • Brian De Palma's Passion starring Noomi Rapace and Rachel McAdams looks interesting. I will try to see French original - "Love Crime" soon.
  • My learning is going a bit better - I'm halfway through the labor law book for the 5th time and I think I would actually be able to answer the questions. But there are two more exams and they are from just as boring stuff, if not more so.
  • I miss Parks and Recreation already. Also I'm pretty sure I'm in love with Rob Lowe. I love Chris Traeger's interactions with everyone on the show.
  • But not as much as Ron Swanson's lines and actions. He is the best character on the show.
  • Do you guys know that Joffrey was in Batman Begins?
  • Lots of Jon Snow jokes after last episode of GOT - here and here.
  • Game of Thrones just keeps getting better and better. I mean seriously, if they keep up that quality for 2-3 more seasons, this will be on pair with "The Sopranos". For the last 15 minutes of the episode I was glued to the screen - the monstrous ending with that beautiful music (score this season is even better than in previous one) and Cersei and Tyrion along with Cat and Jaime scenes. What a powerful acting. Even Danys's story arc is starting to get some speed. I was waiting for Nikolaj Coster-Waldou to finally appear and my God, did he deliver. His acting in this episode was just flawless. And I love all the lines he said about Brienne:
  • I would love to read past book 4 of Song of Ice and Fire but I have no time. Apart from Dark Shadows I also didn't see any films this week. Ah, crap.
  • Suspiria is getting remade. This actually doesn't look as disastrous as Carrie remake is shaping out to be. Isabelle Fuhrman, Janet McTeer and Isabelle Hupper are in the cast so it can't be all bad.
  • New Prometheus poster was realeased yesterday. It looks a bit odd, but I like it. I don't know why. The score is quite good too and it's scary - I actually jumped few times while listening to it. However it's not really something to listen to - it's one of those soundtracks that will probably work terrific in the movie but not as stand alone work.
Links: 

38 comments:

  1. Oh my god, Gustav is shhooooo cute!! :D
    Sorry to hear Dark Shadows was a disappointment. I really don't think I'll be bothered with it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      It's really not worth watching, not even for Depp.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the link Sati!! Your pooch is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I hope you enjoy my Cannes marathon. I'm sorry that Dark Shadows sucked. Tim Burton needs to stop fucking around with the computers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really needs to cut the crap and focus on the story and script instead of big names and special effects.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely puppy!

    New Prometheus poster is good enough, but I prefer the one with a giant face.

    Thanks for the plug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Yrah, the first one was better. I'm kinda shocked that posters are so underwhelming comparing to all the viral stuff and trailers.

      Delete
  5. Very cute puppy!

    I'm not sure if I like all the changes in Dany's storyline, the twists feel too much like 'fake tv drama' for my tastes. All the other stuff, even Jaime killing his own cousin, was excellent though.

    I love Huppert, but it doesn't matter who they cast for Suspiria, even if they add Binoche, Deneuve and Adjani, I don't see how it can possibly live up to the original. Especially without Technicolor.

    Lastly, thank you for the link!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I really liked the changes to Jaime's scenes because they didn't really mess up big stuff and they made for extremelly entertaining moments. With Dany I'm just happy things are moving towards the House of Undying.

      I'm sure it won't live up to it, but who knows, maybe they take the story and do something more Black Swanish to it.

      Delete
  6. Oh my god, that is such an adorable dog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ron :'( Why are all the shows ending?!
    I really liked the last GoT episode too. Loved the Lannisters. Jon Snow is such a bimbo, though I don't find him attractive at all. But still, the most boring character is Danerys.

    I may have to see Suspiria soon, I am liking this cast.

    Thanks for the link :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, Dany is so boring and annoying I can't believe that the dragons actually were reborn because of that lame chick.

      Delete
  8. OMG your puppy is so CUTE!!!!!!! Nawwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

    Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the link love Sati. Awesome poster for Prometheus, certainly trying to sell the explosions but whatever.

    And such a cute puppy you got. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yrah, I think they want to appeal to summer-blockbuster audiance :) Thank you! He is currently running around the house looking for his bone :)

      Delete
  10. Gustav is adorable! So very cute. My dog hates pigeons, birds, heck, anything that's in "her" garden.

    I remember when I first started watching Game of Thrones I was so sure I'd seen the actor who plays Joffrey in something else. Took me a while, but remembered him from Batman Begins! GoT is fantastic. Do you read the books? I'm amazed at how much they've got through already, but can't believe there's only 3 more episodes left of this season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, I'm currently near the end of book 4. Loved 3rd one the most. I think next episode is only the battle and I hope in the finale we will see the house of undying.

      Delete
  11. I'm not a big fan of Yorkie but Gustav looks so lovely! Btw great name :) And how much will he grow yet?
    GoT is excellent. Unlike most fans of the books I like that there are a few changes, every week I have a little (or sometimes bigger) surprise^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He will grow only a little more but he will change his color :) I like the changes too especially when they make for great scenes.

      Delete
  12. Thanks for the Jon Snow joke links. I liked the latest episode quite a bit, too. It could have used a little more Tyrion, but I liked the awkward scene between him and his sister where it looked like they wanted to commiserate with each other, but didn't have a clue how to.

    I also didn't care for Dark Shadows, although not to your extent. I shouldn't have been surprised; Burton has been on an "every other movie sucks" kick ever since Mars Attacks (which would be my pick for worst Burton film).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the scene between Tyrion and Cersei, Lean Headey is doing a great job in the series.

      I didn't hate Mars Attacks but DS makes that look great in comparision :)

      Delete
  13. As much as I want to love everything about Prometheus, I really don't like this poster. The more I see it, the more it annoys me. What happened to all the darkness?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's just a decoy poster to attract different kind of audiance :)

      Delete
  14. After finishing the Alien quadrilogy I'm even more pumped for Prometheus, it's nearly here!!

    Shame about Dark Shadows, I'm still deciding whether to see it or not after majority of reviews being poor, but then a good one pops up and makes me consider it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you should wait for DVD it's really not worth seeing in the cinema.

      Delete
  15. Congrats with the new dog!

    Suspiria is getting remade? Interesting. I'm watching a lot of Dario Argento at the moment, and will post mini reviews in my monthly movie recap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll like his films, they have amazing atmosphere.

      Delete
  16. First of all, very cute dog! I don't like animals, but I would soften up to Gustav!
    Second of all, you look adorable in that photo, I love the pixie cut and the shirt :)
    Thirdly, thank you for the link!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I didn't even have time to brush my hair for that photo, I have to watch him all the time - today he bit on my shoe :)

      Delete
  17. Thanks heaps for the link. I kinda like that Prometheus poster, though it is a bit spoilery, no?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the thing that occurs in the poster is not even in the last 30 minutes but sooner :)

      Delete
  18. Ahhh, you blew my mind with that Joffrey/Batman connection! Did not realize that at all.

    Only two episodes left of Game of Thrones! There are so many loose ends to tie up... can't wait to see how they are resolved. Of course, it's not going to be fun to wait another year for the next season..

    Cool puppy, by the way! Makes me wish I had room for a dog in my current apartment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah I'm just glad Boardwalk Empire premieres in the fall so at least something will keep me busy. But GoT is so badass I miss it all year long when the season is over.

      Delete