Friday, June 1, 2012

(29) Very Bad Things + links

By Sati. Friday, June 1, 2012
  • When something fucks up it all comes down at once. My computer broke down - and here is the kicker - whenever it breaks down, it's always because of software, which I repaired just a week ago and everything worked - now the bitch won't start up. I even looked inside, checked all the cables and nothing appears to be wrong, but what the hell do I know I just grabbed screwdriver, looked inside and started yelling. I will need to take it to service next week.. Also - wait for it - at the same time the battery from my laptop died so I was left without any computer. I got new battery so at least I have laptop now, but I hate my laptop. I much prefer my usual computer so I'm very unhappy.
  • I had new movie of the month material on the other computer so this is postponed now.
  • I have labor law exam on Monday. Monday will be shit anyways since for the 5th week in the row I will attempt to get a signature I need to get to be able to take an exam from civil procedure. For 5 weeks now either the person who is supposed to be there or the person who is supposed to deal with that instead of students was not helpful at all. I hate my university.
  • If I pass the exam I will have 3 hours to wait for the professor - so that he could not show up again. I'll probably see Snow White and the Huntsman with the group of school kids who are always there when I'm forced to go see the movie in the cinema in the morning. I just hope they won't end up seeing the same movie as I do. Seriously whenever I'm there at 9 or 10 AM there is always about 300 kids running around with those poor teachers trying to control them.
  • I was nominated for two LAMMIES - Best new Lamb and Best Design. Thank you so much everyone who voted for me! So many great blogs are nominated but there are several truly great ones which didn't get a single Lammy nod - especially Front Room Cinema and And so it Begins.
  • I really need to kill my hype for Prometheus and I need to kill it fast. Plot summary leaked few days ago and as I don't care about spoilers I read it. It was so...underwhelming. There are several movies where poor scripts play off well because of acting and the ambiance and I sincerely hope that Prometheus is such movie, because after all the talk about big philosophical issues, God, death, immortality etc. being in the film Scott releasing that story is just sad. Also he really needs to put up a fight to release director's cut in the theatres and not toned town theatrical versions. I mean seriously, though, certain things in the script...most of us fans had better ideas!
  • I'm fabulous!
  • Gustav also had a bad week - he got his hair cut for the very first time and at one point he was whimpering  so much people actually looked inside the room to make sure he wasn't getting murdered.
  • There are also two additions to "Things Gustav hates" list. They are - vacuum, as when he was running to the room with the bone and my mom came out of it with a vacuum he turned around dramatically and escaped - and rain - I walk this dog every day at 4:30 AM so I could grab some sleep between 5-9 without my mother screaming "he peed again!". So today we are walking out of building and it's raining and he just sat in front of the door and gave me the look that said "Bitch I ain't peeing in the rain".
  • As I hate learning in the silence and I have all my music on my broken computer I was forced to turn on TV. The Hunger was on, the one with lovely Catherine Deneuve.I forgot how pessimistic this movie is, all this talk about death and the shot of decaying bodies...the film has amazing visual side and I'm always shocked when I look at the "best vampire movies" lists sand it's not on it.
  • Game of Thrones has reached the limits of excellence and then exceeded them with Blackwater. Good God. So many great moments - Wildfire, Joffrey being little bitch, Sansa telling Tyrion she will pray for his return as much as she will for the King's, Shea being bad ass and that ending which made my heart fall for a second and my jaw drop in another. I can't wait for House of Undying in this Sunday's finale. 
  • And now this picture from last night's premiere of Prometheus in UK. Charlize! And Ginger Fassy!
Links:

30 comments:

  1. Blackwater was just spectacular. I watched the whole thing with my hand covering my gaping mouth. Also, I like this Sansa-Tyrion mutual respect thing. And man, Tyrion <3 Also Tywin riding in like a boss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tywin always rides in with such force I'm shocked people don't just fall to their knees. Seriously it's kinda ridicilous he is not the king, he may be mischievous but at least he is smart, which I can't say about Joffrey :)

      Delete
  2. Seeing that you've had a bad week, you better get your expectations for Snow White and Prometheus down. Otherwise it'll get a lot worse! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn! But as for SWATH all I want is pretty images and Charlize, so I don't think they can possibly fail with that:)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the linkage Sati! Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize that Charlize was that tall! I wonder how would it look like if Nicole Kidman stood beside her.

    Thanks for the linkage and I hope you'll sort out your uni problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, she is freakishly tall! Kristen Stewart looks so tiny comparing to her on SWATH premieres.

      Thank you!

      Delete
  5. LOL Charlize being taller than everyone else, as always.

    I hear you, I had to put some freddie m. this afternoon, otherwise it would be impossible to stay awake while studying this crap... I hear labor is a bitch... but hopefully it's just ours (we do have a tendency to complicate stuff), so good luck!

    I really need to start watching Game of Thrones, all I hear is people around me saying it is sick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am drinking so much coffee nowadays I'm pretty sure it replaced my blood :) Oh, you really should start watching it! It's so addictive I think you would finish 2 seasons in 2 days.

      Delete
  6. I hope Prometheus lives somewhat up to your hype, even if you didn't think the screenplay was that good. The writing at times reminded me of James Cameron's movies. Best of luck with exams and fixing your computer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, I hate Cameron's movies. Thank you I will need all the luck in the world!

      Delete
  7. I hate it when a comp breaks down. It's horrible. That happened to me a few years ago on my 29th birthday. I was coming home from seeing An Education and just as I was to write the review. The comp crashed. I paid $75 of my birthday money to have it repaired and it came back with no sound card. The other comp that was in the house was just as bad and it would crash less than a month later. That day would begin what I would call my year-long downward spiral. Everything around me began to fall apart. I couldn't work, I couldn't watch movies, I couldn't do anything. It was a horrible year. Although I got a new laptop less than a month later as a belated Xmas present. It still wasn't enough considering that I accidentally dropped my external hard drive. It took me almost a year to rebuild and expand my entire music catalog.

    Truly a horrible period and if you're wondering why I don't want to see An Education ever again. It just reminds me of that bad day that began the horrible year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh God, that is awful! I try to back up everything, but the worst part is when back up gets broken or glitched and you have to collect everything again. Horribly frustrating.

      Delete
  8. Congrats on the two nominations. I love the work you put into this blog.

    Last week's GoT was incredible, just about the most epic thing you will ever see on TV. Poor Davos.

    I was watching the Monaco GP last Sunday and saw an impromptu interview you might enjoy. Skip to 7:00 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MQm8fgd4CI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is a great video! :) I really loved the battle of Blackwater thoug I hope the reason House of Undying sequence in the final was so poorly made was not because they used up all of their budget.

      Delete
    2. Yeah wow, from the highest high to the lowest low. Boy did they ever butcher the season finale. Basically the only amazing scene was Tywin in the throne room.

      Delete
    3. I did enjoy the finale, but the lack of prophecies in HoU is baffling.

      Delete
  9. You really need to put pictures of Gustav in every post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. CONGRATS on your two LAMMY noms, VERY well deserved indeed. Your blog is awesome, Sati, clearly you know that as I keep coming back :D

    Thanks for the link love, I've been enjoying the MR soundtrack in my car lately.

    Hope you get to see Snow White and the Huntsman this weekend, I'm hoping to go tomorrow as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait for your review of it! Thank you, I'm so glad your blog is nominated for best blog!

      Delete
  11. Congrats on the nominations! I am so psyched for tomorrow's GoT episode. Last week may have been the best yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think these two episodes are on pair of great quality with the ones from s1 where Catelyn captured Tyrion.

      Delete
  12. Blackwater was one of the finest hours of television I've ever witnessed. I hadn't read the second book, but I might just to read the sequence of events.

    Some blogs (including my own) aren't vocal enough when announcing their part of the LAMB group. I think I have to make a stronger effort for the 2013 Lammy's so I won't be so easily missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, getting on the forum and posting there is a great way to contribute!

      Blackwater was stunning, last night finale's was fantastic too.

      Delete
  13. The reviews so far of Prometheus are doing a wonderfully good job at killing my buzz for the film. I think I'll still love it but it's good to have my expectations lowered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, weird thing though is that most of the negative buzz came from just few negative reviews.

      Delete
  14. 1.Good luck with your exams!
    2.I hope you will enjoy Prometheus, I know how excited you are about it! Charlize and Michael look great together, but I read somewhere he is dating the girl from Shame, who played his co-worker.
    3.Your dog is still adorable!
    4.Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. I will need luck I already failed one :)
      2. Yeah, they were dating don't know if this is still going on
      3. Thanks! He is running around with a bow now :)

      You're welcome!

      Delete