Friday, June 8, 2012

(30) Khaleesi!!! + links

By Sati. Friday, June 8, 2012
  • Game of Thrones is over for almost a year. This is just awful. The finale was awesome with few exceptions. What I loved: Tyrion and Shea's scene, Sansa's smile, Jaime's fascinated WTF look when Brienne was killing those idiots, the chilling final shots, the fact they used almost all of greatest tracks in this episode including the beautiful "I am hers, she is mine", Theon's speech, Tywin being so bad ass along with his crapping horse, "Khaleesi!!!", the final moment when we see Dany being so fierce and the scene with her and Khal Drogo. I wept like an idiot during this.
    The lines -"Until the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. Until the rivers run dry, and the mountains blow in the wind like leaves…"- were so gorgeous and Emilia Clarke was fantastic in this scene. What I didn't like was ridiculous design of the leader in the end, as much as I liked the horse and the sword made out of ice his face was so hilarious. I mean I looked at it and I just laughed. And Sam's expressions, oh boy no wonder tumblr is exploding with epic win. And House of Undying....where the fuck are the prophecies? The one thing I was looking forward to in the finale and they didn't show it. How hard is it to do? Dany opens the door and bang! Prophecy! And now an observation - Robb, you poor stupid bastard.
  • Lots of great stuff with Ginger Fassy during MTV Movie Awards including part two of Fasstheron and FassBrand. I only saw bits of the actual show as I have no patience with most things having to do with MTV.
  • I saw few movies this week - Blade Runner, which is fantastic but my God, how many versions of this film are out there? It has such a great atmosphere, almost like you were watching some really fascinating dream with rich detail and beautiful design. I also saw Cache which was a great, very chilling and surprising movie but not as great as The Piano Teacher.
  • Django Unchained trailer hit the web and it is awesome!
  • I think Leonardo Dicaprio is a great actor, I really do, but sometimes as I look on his face and his expressions I can't stop laughing. I do not know if it is the eternally confused look he has in Scorsese's films including my favorite when in Shutter Island he lifts his trembling hand and goes "What the fuck is this? What the fuck is this?!" or the scene where Nicholson is hitting his broken hand with a shoe. But when I saw this I actually cried with laughter, he reminds me of the dramatic chipmunk.
  • I finally saw Prometheus and it was flawed but really great. Also the flaws apart from one truly ridiculous scene was the editing and the fact some scenes where too short. I think director's cut will be a huge improvement here. It was such a thought provoking movie, which actually resulted in many fascinating theories floating around. Fassbender was fantastic in the movie and I truly believe if he had more screen time his work here would be even better than what he did in Hunger. The film also has most thrilling and ingenious scene of body horror since Natalie Portman pulled out the feather from her shoulder in Black Swan, only that scene is far more gory. The negative response the movie is getting is ridiculous - some people are complaining about the ending of the movie and the difference between that and the Space Jockey in Alien as if they forgot those are two different planets. And the reviewers complaining about dialogue are the ones who gave Avatar 5 stars. That's just embarrassing.
  • Finally there is this:
links:

34 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link love Lady Sati, you are too kind!

    I should watch Games of Thrones one of these days just to gawk at Jason Momoa :D LOVE that pic of Tony Stark, the epitome of cool!!

    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Jason was fantastic in the finale, really lovely scene. Tony Stark should totally deal with the mess in Winterfell :)

      Delete
  2. I love Leo's facial impression. Dude needs to be in some comedies. He's got the charm and the look to be funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. He should do slapstick comedy, I think I'd die from laughter watching that.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the Link Sati !! I will look forward to your reaction on Love Crime.

    To tell you the truth, I did not like lot of things about GoT. They almost butchered Jon Snow, Arya and Theon's arc but even then it is much better than most of the shows and I love that last picture. RDJ FTW !! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping Theon's arc will be salvaged in season 3 as if they get rid of Ramsey and Reek I may loose it. They have potential for some of the most shocking twists ever here.

      Delete
  4. Oh my god, great call on the dramatic chipmunk. So funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! Leo in the trailer instantly changed into it in my mind :)

      Delete
  5. I'm with SDG, and maybe I'm being overly critical because I know what happens, but so many changes were made short cutting or ignoring the future plot that you have to wonder how much the show will even resemble the book in the future. I know they have to cut some corners but some of these character and plot adjustments make no sense to me. Brienne is a scarier bad ass than the Mountain, FFS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brienne was amazing, I really hope we will get to see a lot of her and Jaime in season 3. I think they will attempt to stay more faithful to the novels in season 3 and 4 as Storm of Swords was devided into 2 separate seasons. I'm quite happy, that one is my favorite book in the series, though I'm reading 5th one now and it is excellent.

      Delete
  6. One day I'm going to watch Game of Thrones and I'll have to come back and revisit all these posts and actually read the bits about GoT, for now I'm desperately avoiding reading those bits! Love DiCaprio the dramatic chipmunk! Can't wait to see him in this role. Glad you liked Prometheus. I really liked it but I have a lot of questions I would like answered. Might even do a post to that effect soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really need to see it! It's insanely addictive, great series. I had a lot of questions after the movie too, which I think is the sign of truly fantastic film, there are many interesting theories about the movie online.

      Delete
  7. I never laughed at DiCaprio's expressions, but when I saw the preview of the teaser trailer it's so cracked me up! And when I saw the trailer, it happened again! It's just funny.

    I'm glad that you liked Prometheus. Will be looking forward to your review. I also think it's unfair that people hate on Prometheus. If it wasn't what they expected it's not the film's fault. Btw, I'm one of those who gave Avatar 5 stars... lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is hilarious in this, I'm so glad he chose such different role from the stuff he usually does.

      My review is insanely long and I'm still adding something. I think it will be up on the site by Tuesday. AVatar is very gorgeous movie visually but after so many rave reviews and Golden Globe I went in expecting something more than just pretty film.

      Delete
  8. Leo does look funny in the clip. People have been saying his roles lately are too similar although he's still great at performing them. Like he's on auto-pilot. Glad Django Unchained will be different.

    Thanks for the link and that body horror scene is my favourite from the movie. Just plain awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, especially in Scorsese's films he is kinda playing the same guy over and over again.

      Loved that scene the most too, along with the bad ass ending.

      Delete
  9. Hey! Thanks for the linkage. LOL...

    Didnt expect that. :D I love your Khaleesi .gif there, that's awesome. She's great. LOVE Game of Thrones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're a fellow fan! Anyone who writes about Charlize gets linking love from me :)

      Delete
  10. i am loving game of thrones at the moment! can't wait for the next season! but i agree that the leader at the end just looked ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was so funny when they showed his face and that intense stare. I love all the funny memes that people did of this moment.

      Delete
  11. I loved the Tyrion-Shae scene and Danerys-Drogo scene. Tywin's crapping horse was HILARIOUS! So were Joffrey's tales of courage and wisdom :')
    Ugh, 10 months to go :(

    LOL at the Stark thing :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh God, that was so funny when Margery played him like that. Can't wait to see more of her on the court in season 3, in the books it's all pretty hilarious.

      Delete
  12. Thanks for the link love Sati! Always appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That last picture - LOVE IT!

    I was a bit disappointed with how they White Walkers have been visualised in GoT - they've made them look more like zombies than I thought they would have. Bah! There wasn't enough Dany in this season. Next season they need to make up for that! There just wasn't enough from the book from the House of the Undying. Really wished we'd got to see more of her visions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people jokes that it was a prequel to Walking Dead :) Yeah, Dany was kinda wondering around in season 2, though she didn't have that much to do in the book either.

      Delete
  14. Okay, that last picture joke made me laugh. I agree with much of what you wrote regarding the finale of Game of Thrones. The part that bothered me the most about it wasn't the House of the Undying, but rather Jon Snow's motivation for fighting the other Nights Watch man. In the book he was ordered to do so in order to infiltrate the enemy. In the episode it just comes off as childish anger because the man inusulted his mommy and daddy. It's only afterwards that he realizes what the man was doing and that his captors are looking at him differently. It completely changes his motivation from making a moral decision on the lesser of two evils to one of childish petulance and luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty bizarre scene, very rushed too. That said, with that scene even, Jon is still one of the very few good characters. Sam is other one too, but who knows what will happen to him, that rock ain't that big :)

      Delete
  15. 1. Thanks for the link, as always :)
    2. That last thing with Stark made me laugh, thank you
    3. I have not finished watching Game of Thrones and I didn't see the first episode of True Blood- I am so behind and I am not even that busy :(
    4. I have said this numerous times on every blog I commented on: Leonardo DiCaprio is the best damn thing about the Django Unchained trailer! I love him in this part and I think he is going to kill it, it's different from what he does and that is what he needs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen TB either, I fear it will be as lame as season 4, though I miss Pam, so I'll probably see this today.

      Exactly! I can't wait to see his work, fresh approach is the only thing he needed, he is so talented and he needs to challange himself.

      Delete
  16. Thanks for the link! MTV needs to leave Fassbender and his dick alone. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he brought a big curse on himself with Shame, he has really memorable penis :)

      Delete
  17. Your wish may come true, because Ridley has hinted that,maybe, a longer Prometheus extended cut will happen, for the dvd/Blu-Ray:


    http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ridley-scott-says-there-will-be-an-extended-cut-of-prometheus-on-dvd-blu-ray-that-runs-20-minutes-longer-20120611

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With him I think it is given we will see at least one different cut than theatrical cut :)

      Delete