Friday, June 15, 2012

(31) Be Brave + links

By Sati. Friday, June 15, 2012
  • First opinions about Brave are very positive. I really can't wait to see this one. I'd sell my soul (if there is something left of it) for Merida's hair.
  • Jean Dujardin is in talks to join Martin Scorsese's new movie alongside Leo DiCaprio - is anyone surprised he is in this film already by the way? I couldn't be more happy. Jean needs to do more films with famous directors because really, the wait for his new French films is killing me. You cannot release a trailer with him being naked in it and than make me wait for the movie. That's just cruel.
  • My review for Prometheus keeps growing and growing. I fear it may grow so much it will destroy the universe.
  • There is one thing Prometheus-related that really made me laugh - apart from many shots of Engineer altered to make him look like he is peeing into the waterfall, another thing people made fun of is - surprising not the flute which would be my first choice - David and to be more specific his...curiosity.
  • I had another exam this Tuesday and it did not go awful. Apparently our professor correctly assumed we are morons because if the rumours are true you need less than 50% to pass it. Oh please let me pass it. I need to remain calm.
  • So I took my computer to the service where the guy did everything I did. Honestly if the law thing doesn't work I may always fix stuff if that is all you need to do to inform someone they do need new computer. Anyways now I do need a new computer because apparently motherboard is broken and it will be so much easier to buy the whole thing than just buying each part of it separately.. I hate buying computers. The minute you buy it, it is already the kind of machine that should be in museum. I see the computer I have which I bought few years ago and the new ones at store, I look at the parameters and I'm shocked that that they are so different.
  • I still haven't seen new episode of True Blood, fearing it will be just as horrible as season 4. However I see from tumblr that everything Pam says is still pure gold:
  • I saw only 2 films this week on account of learning for the exams, which is actually going a lot better, probably because I already learned half of trade law book in first term this year. I still get distracted by everything. Stuff that happens across the street. Flying birds. Mess on the desk. The fact I drunk all the coffee and I need to make some more. I'm like Fassy this way:

  • Anyways the first film was Pandorum, which was surprisingly good. It did have some retarded action/combat scenes just to keep up with the trend to have things like that in modern sci-fi but apart from that and a bit too energetic music it was really good. Kinda like a mix between Event Horizon, Alien and The Descent. 
  • Another film I saw was Love Crime with Ludivine Saigner who was absolutely outstanding in the movie and Kristen Scott Thomas who is always great to watch. I really liked the film, though I thought the first part where the boss is humiliating the employee was not long or harsh enough to justify the response. I'll write review for this one next weekend.
  • And finally - check out International Trailer for Django Unchained.This one is not as good as the first one - less of Leo. But it's still pretty damn good:
 
links:
  • Andina reviews Restless
  • m.brown reviews Prometheus
  • Lesya hosts Paris in Genres
  • Alex writes about Prometheus
  • Head over to U, Me and Films to celebrate the first birthday
  • Nostra looks at the many faces of our beloved Michael Fassbender
  • Andy reviews Palme D'or winner - Amour
  • Jaina reviews Snow White and the Huntsman
  • Steven reviews Another Earth
  • Bonjour Tristesse reviews Cosmopolis
  • Diana reviews Schindler's List
  • Check out Tips from Chip - there are many great reviews of Charlize Theron's movies.
  • Stevee reviews The Ides of March

37 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link love.

    I saw the new season of True Blood... I had mixed feelings about it but Pam always wins me over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mixed is better than horrible :) I heard Tara is still kicking, my God:/

      Delete
  2. I still haven't seen the first episode of True Blood, either, I need to catch up!
    Thanks for the link :)
    That Dragons picture is hilarious, I saw it on Tumblr, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love it, If she didn't find them yet I'd post it on my neighborhood :)

      Delete
  3. I have to go see Brave for a podcast, and I'm actually starting to look forward to it a lot, now. Merida's hair is heavenly. I have that style of hair, but I could never pull off the colour!

    Ah, True Blood. I'm not even sure if I'll go back for another season. Season four was pretty meh. But I love Pam!

    Thanks for the link, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Curly hair is so lovely, I'm so jealous! My hair are neither curly not straight, just something that look's like bird's nest.

      You're welcome!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the link love, Sati! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha Jorah.
    Oh I would sell my soul for Merida's hair too.

    It was a bit of a clean-up episode for True Blood, but it had Pam snapping and Jason and Jessica still being awesome and hot hot ASkars. That is exactly what I need :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope Alexander's hotness is not ruined by Anna being anywhere in the frame. She totally ruined it for me last season. it was like a flower...covered in crap.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the link again !! and I am glad you liked Love Crime. Look forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Really liked the movie a lot!

      Delete
  7. Had to go and check out the Engineer peeing! Looking forward to your Prometheus review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hilarious, Prometheus memes are very funny and what I like about them is that they aren't scathing towards the movie.

      Delete
  8. Oh, I hope Brave is good! It looks stunning, but I don't think the trailers are the most well-constructed things in the world!
    I'm sure your exam went fine, try not to think about it until you get the results anyway :)
    And OMG DJANGO UNCHAINED TRAILER *brain implodes*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trailers aren't the best but apparantly they are deceptive, so I'm hopping for the best.

      I did pass it, so I'm very happy today ^^

      Delete
  9. Thanks for the link. I've collected a number of those "posted sign" jokes, figuring I'd bundle them together someday for a Humor post, but I hadn't seen that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, can't wait to see this post! This one is really hilarious and perfectly captures Daenerys's behaviour in season 2 :)

      Delete
  10. Another awesome roundup post. Thanks for including me!

    I gave up on TB half way through season 3. When I finally realized it was never going to be the horror show I was hoping for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are really turning it into romance/triangle/bunch of supernatural thrown in together fast. Although Pam had some awesome horror moments in season 4.

      Delete
  11. I'm actually very angry that I haven't read your review of Prometheus.

    And I like David only know of emotions, though I can't actually feel them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyday some new things that are related to Prometheus pop up online so I can't post it yet until I'm conveinced it is finished, but believe me once I do you will have very long reading material to go through :)

      Delete
  12. Love the Prometheus touch thing. I just watched it last night and am recording a big podcast on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, willl definetly check this one out!

      Delete
  13. Sorry to hear about your computer. Such problems are always too unpleasant.

    As it often happens, I know nothing about movie news and had no idea that Jean is in talks to join Scorsese's project. Yay, I hope he eventually will!

    Thanks for the plug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It frustrates me to no end, there is like infinite amount of issues one can have with computers. I really admire people who can fix them.

      I never know about movie news but when something happens concerning Jean tons of people let me know, as they realize how much I adore that man :)

      Delete
  14. That dragons image kills me. I also love your assortment of animated GIFs -- always entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't wait for BRAVE either!! That hair is just adorable! I love your animated GIFs, Sati, that one of Fassy is cute, he's just perfect in Prometheus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fassy is always doing something during press confrences that is just begging to be made into gifs :) I loved his work in Prometheus, hope people won't forget about it in Oscar season.

      Delete
  16. Great post with some amusing GIFs my friend.

    I also love the GoT images att he end.

    Computers are truly sucky. I bought a MacBook over a year a go, and although it has never let me down, it is so out of date now it is embarrassing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's like people designing them want us to feel awful by releasing all of those new powerful things. Sometimes I wish I lived on desert island just so I wouldnt need a computer.

      Delete
  17. I understand your in trepidation about new True Blood. Season 4 was really quite poor. But think I've got a little addicted to it as a bit of trash TV. Opener was ok. Nothing monumental.

    Can't WAIT for Brave. Except I have to... until fricking August! I hate that Pixar films take eons to make their way to this side of the pond.

    Computers eh? My laptop did pretty much the same thing, but I'm going to get some of the new parts myself. Used to build computers when I was younger!

    Ok, that gif of Fassy moving the bottle of water totally cracked me up.

    Thanks for the link love :D Always appreciated, Sati!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do see this show kinda like campy fun, the problem was there was not much fun in season 4, but I probably will see new episodes eventually.

      I really think films should be released everywhere at the same time. Every single day that people watch the movie and I can't because it's not released here yet is like a liitle death.

      Woah, that is impressive! When I opened my computer and saw all the wires I felt as if I was looking inside ticking bomb.

      You're welcome!

      Delete
  18. Thanks for the link love. Lovely of you to include me again.

    ReplyDelete