Friday, July 20, 2012

(36) Tiny Teddy, Emmy nominations and the Return of FassTheron + links

By Sati. Friday, July 20, 2012
  • I finally finished season 3 of Arrested Development and it was fantastic. Charlize Theron delivered one of her best roles as Rita Leeds, adorable, infantile and sweet British girl. There is also a big twist in the story regarding her character which I didn't see coming at all.Even with that reveal I still think her fashion sense is absolutely fantastic. And the Bumpaddle and Tiny Teddy are unforgettable. Wonderful! I think the writers are working on the movie in addition to 4 season and Theron is interested in reprising her role. I really want this to happen.
  • I was going to see several movies but had no time - real life and redesign of the blog got in the way. I hate doing something on the blog and failing - the day I finally figure out how the hell to do working drop down menu here I'll buy champagne. I spent almost all day today trying and I almost got it. But it's kinda like math problem, you must keep trying before you'll succeed.
  • If there is nothing going on between Charlize and the Fass it's an actual crime. Check out those insanely hot pics from W magazine:
Can't decide which one of them I'm more jealous of. Probably Charlize. She got to touch Fassy and she shot a sex scene with Idris.
  • Emmy Nominations were announced yesterday. Emmys are kinda like Golden Globes in the sense that they occasionally nominate really fantastic things but the wins are always predictable. It's quite outrageous Nick Offerman didn't get the nod. Also lovely Taissa Farmiga missed out but Connie Britton who delivered quite cringe worthy performance in AHS did receive a nomination. I'm very happy about Jessica Lange being nominated. But the only two things I really care about is Luther getting nominated for Best Miniseries/Movie and obviously:
Last year Barry Pepper won over Idris for his work in The Kennedys. While it was an enjoyable show and he was great....please. The opening scene of first episode alone with Luther dealing with Henry Mason blew his performance out of the water.
  • Lena Headey got snubbed by the way. She deserved nomination as much as Peter Dinklage. Also I'm incredibly pissed off Christina Hendricks got her nomination for what was the worst season of Mad Men and the writers pissed me off so much with the retarded and despicable ideas in Joan's storyline I actually downgraded the show from 9/10 to 8/10.
  • Apparently HBO is doing a movie about the relationship between Tippi Hedren and Alfred Hitchcock with Sienna Miller and Toby Jones in lead roles. I love everything HBO does, but Sienna Miller? She looks great on the first photo from the production but as far as her skills go, I'm not sure it was the right call.
  • Gustav was pretty busy this week jumping on the door of my room every day at 9 AM so that he could jump on the bed and sleep on the pillow next to me. I wake up and this furry little creature is there. One time he actually looked like he was dreaming of chasing something because he kept moving his legs as if he was running.
  • Something awful is happening on Monday as I need to wake up at 6 AM and go to public prosecutor's office because my two-week-long legal training begins. I don't even know which room to go to, because the university forgot to inform the students about the specifics - I will just wonder around the building like a child in the fog. I hope it won't actually be 7 hours per day and they will just give me things to write and let me go home after I'm done. Or that I will go see autopsy again. Trust me, it beats sitting in that building and reading about things people actually think are worthy of taking legal action.
  • I could comment on the whole situation with Nolan's obsessive and hardcore fanboys (I'm making a distinction as there is a lot of normal people who are fan of his) doing their usual thing which is being an embarassment for humankind, sending death threats to the people who dared writing "negative reviews" and so on, but I will focus on this - when asked about that situation Nolan said he thinks his fans are "passionate". I don't think this guy realizes how batshit a lot of his fans are. If he told them - like Jesus - be at peace with others, chill out dudes - they would follow. Like sheep. But no. He calls them "passionate".I hope Rex Reed hides in panic room before they inevitably raid his house with their Batman inspired toys and plastic bats they hide in their parents' basement.
links:
  •  Josh reviews To Die For, which contains my favorite performance by Nicole Kidman
  • Steven reviews An Education, Rosamund Pike's work in this one is for me one of the most underrated performances of recent years.
  • Check out the interview with Stevee from Cinematic Paradox over at LAMB.
  • Rambling Film has the entire list of this year's Emmy Nominations
  • m. brown has hilarious review of The Amazing Spiderman
  • Chip reviews The Visitor, the film which I really need to see
  • Squasher88 writes about incredibly underrated Whistleblower
  • One of my all time favorite posts is this one - why TDK is actually shit. While I enjoyed TDK the ferries and the sonar will forever be the dumbest movie moments for me.
  • Diana reviews wonderful and enchanting Almost Famous
  • Flixchatter has great article about the worst Bond villains
  • asrap virtuoso reviews The Dark Knight Rises, which I may catch in theatre next week
  • Though I'm far from loving Inception Alex writes brilliant article about the ending scene - for me it's definitely in top 5 best scenes from last 5 years.
  • Jaina reviews one of the best movies from last year - We Need to Talk about Kevin

39 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link love. I love those pics of FassTheron. They're damn sexy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! They really are. Love the setting of the shoot, very dirty and naughty :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks once again for the linkage.

    I you ever do get drop down menus working, I'll be very interested. It's the one thing I've wanted to do the most that blogspot seems to want to allow the least. (Specifically, placing my Labels in drop downs.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very close to succeeding. I'll definetly let you know once i figure out this shit :) I hate the fact blogger didn't implement that option here.

      Delete
  3. Don't worry about missing some movies, the redesign is awesome! Fassbender and Theron really should do a movie as co-leads. Knew you'd be thrilled about Luther and Elba. I don't watch much television, so I'm always behind when the Emmys roll around. Good luck on Monday and thanks for the link! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They totally should. Their chemistry is insane. I knew Idris will get in, but I'm so glad the show got some love too.

      Thanks and you're welcome!

      Delete
  4. I hope W Magazine made a video version of that Theron and Fassbender. Even a behind the scenes would be cool.

    Thanks for the link. I'm never too excited about the Emmy's. I don't watch enough TV nowadays and don't know the majority of shows nominated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know If I'd be able to watch that. Just seeing those pics melted my brain.

      I always watch the ceremony, because September is still long time begore Oscar season and I enjoy award shows.

      Delete
  5. Wow. I like your take on Nolan/Jesus. All this initial backlash has got me ridiculously curious. What id TDKR actually sucks? (no way, right?)


    As always, thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, as uch as I'm not a fan, Nolan doesn't make bad movies. They are always solid. You're welcome!

      Delete
  6. Christina Hendricks was fantastic on Mad Men!
    Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like her but the fact they basically made a hooker out of her in last season really made me angry.

      Delete
    2. I thought that was one of the most fascinating story-lines of the season and exactly one of the reasons I love Mad Men. It just showed one of the hard choices Joan felt that she had to make to get ahead in the very chauvinistic America of the 60's. I really loved how they directed it too, "did she, or didn't she?"

      Delete
    3. And I feel like you are hating on the character, rather than the acting. Her acting is very much deserving of a nomination.

      Delete
    4. Well, I found it to be a gigantic cliche and something one can expect from show like Desperate Housewives, not Mad Men. I'm not hating on the character or the acting but on the writing which felt incredibly cheap for me.

      Delete
  7. Great article Sati.... Whats a man got to do to get his site on your LINKS section?? HAHAH I joke of course!

    We are working our way through Arrested Development atm, only on early season 2, so I can't wait to get to season 3 now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always forget to include certain blogs. Thing is that I write the post really late at night on Thurdsday and sometimes I'm about to pass out so I just publish before checking all the blogs I visit regularly. That is a bad technique.

      Season 3 is awesome, Charlize never looked better and she is hilarious.

      Delete
  8. Okay your blog officially puts all others to shame. Gorgeous!!
    FASSTHERON <3333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, it really doesn't :) Glad you like it!

      Yep! They need to get together!

      Delete
  9. Bloody hell those Fasstheron pics are filthy! I'm getting sweaty! Thanks for the link! Glad you enjoyed David's piece, it's had a much better reaction than I expected!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Filthy is the right word! You're welcome that article was awesome - even if I didn't agree with all of that it was certainly wonderfully written and fun to read.

      Delete
  10. Waking up at 6AM, I feel for you!

    I'm not religious but if I was I think I would worship Nolan. Gulity fanboy! But in all seriousness, just watched it for the 2nd time :) Hope you get a chance over the next week, keen for your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to wake up at 4Am to walk Gustav when we brought him home :) Well, wake up is not correct - I used to stay up till 4 AM, walk him and then pass out :)

      I'm waiting 2 more weeks before seeing it, I just think I'll enjoy it more without the full cinema. The trailer on the big screen definetly got me excited, though!

      Delete
    2. That's crazy! I can't get up before 7 for work now, cranky when I have to.

      Amazingly both my cinema sessions were ultra quiet, think it was due to how gripping the movie was.

      Delete
  11. Whoa those photos of Fassy and Charlize is pretty controversial. But funny thing is, I can see them as an on-screen couple in Prometheus (just a random thought).

    will watch TDKR if everything goes well this weekend.

    Love your new layout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their chemistry was insane in Prometheus. When she showed him on the wall I was certain angry sex is coming even if he was an android.

      Thank you! Looking forward to your review of TDKR!

      Delete
  12. Those pics are seriously hot, definitely jealous of Theron! Gosh, I love Mad Men, but honestly, the whole Joan thing was so... wrong. Like, what was the point??? The Emmys sure are predictable, and a bit repetitive. Like The Daily Show winning every. freaking. time. As much as I love the show, Colbert was by all means superior this year. At least for me! But I digress.

    I used to have a dropdown menu, but now with the new tabs height I can't get it to work properly. Anyway, I'm familiar with the codes and I'll be trying a new one tomorrow, so if you wish I can get you the code when I get it. In the mean time, if you have any doubts, I can help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It was such a lazy storyline. THat's right The Daily show wins every year...it's kinda like with Alec Baldwin getting SAG award each year nowadays for 30 rock.

      That would be awesome, that thing is just way over my head, I got the code from some generator online but didn't know how to change the size of the menu and ended up not using it..

      Delete
  13. Thanks very much Lady Sati, how kind of you to send the link love my way.

    I've been meaning to catch up on Arrested Development, better do that before the movie comes out.

    Ooooh dear, those pics of Fassy & Theron, HOT TAMALE!! They're both such ridiculously sexy people, man they need to do a romance thriller together, woof! [fan self] Coincidentally, I had a dream of Fassy last night, I should blog about that as it's quite amusing, ahah, nothing THIS steamy though, LOL!

    Fantastic post as always, your design skill just puts mine to shame!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome!

      I think it will be some time before the movie, they are only about to start shooting season 4.

      They really should. I'm quite disappointed Scott didn't hire Theron for Counsellor, Fassbender is in that and I think they chose Diaz as the leading lady :/

      Thank you!

      Delete
  14. Hadn't heard Theron was interested in reprising her role for the movie. I would be really happy to see a cameo from her. Mr.F!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would scorn you for not going to the movies, but the site looks so great I'd be an idiot to.

      Love Arrested Development. I remember watch all three seasons in one weekend (yes, I didn't go outside).

      Keep up the great work.

      Delete
    2. Max - Yep, I read it last week. She definetly wants to play Rita again!

      Sam - Thank you! I saw two seasons in 4 days I think, it's really addictive and such a fun series.

      Delete
  15. Thanks for the link, Sati! I don't know why, but for some reason I dig Sienna Miller. Her work in Interview probably helps, but I'm excited to see what she does with that Hedren role.

    Get it, Fass. Get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I liked her in Alfie, she was probably the only good thing about it apart from Sarandon.

      Delete
  16. Thanks for the link, as always you are too kind to me :)
    Wow, those Fassy and Theron pictures are hot *fanning herself*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome!

      I know, they are insanely sexy, those two would be really hot couple.

      Delete
  17. I love Christina Hendricks but I think we're a few seasons behind you guys, although we do have a series to watch on demand - it's just finding the time to actually enjoy it rather than have it on whilst doing other things which is how I normally watch TV!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watch TV like that too, but since we are behind with TV series here too, I usually watch series online. That said, new season of Mad Men was quite disappointing for me.

      Delete