M.Brown of the awesome Two Dollar Cinema passed me the baton in The Ten Best Superhero Movies of All Time Relay by Bubbawheat, of Flights, Tights and Movie Nights.
Here are the rules:
1. The list of movies will be passed to another blogger who will post their list within a week.
2. The blogger will take their list, remove 3 movies – with explanations, and replace with 3 new movies – with explanations.
3. If a movie lasts five rounds without being removed, it becomes
locked in; it is permanent and can no longer be removed from the list.
4. If a movie is removed three different times, it is locked out and can no longer be put back onto the list by someone else.
5. Once four movies are locked into place, bloggers will replace 2 movies.
6. Once eight movies are locked into place, bloggers will replace 1 movie.
7. Once all ten movies are locked into place, the relay will be complete.
Locked in: The Avengers, The Dark Knight, Spider-Man 2, Iron Man, Unbreakable, The Rocketeer, The Incredibles
Films to choose from: Oldboy, The Crow, Blade 2, X2, Superman 2
What I'm taking out:
Superman 2 - I'm not a big fan of the franchise and the character to begin with, sure the guy should be present in this relay race somewhere but I'm not the one who has to keep him in. I'm not big on X men movies too, but the love for this franchise seems to be strong so I'm not taking that out. And there is no way I'd deprive the relay of the awesome darkness of The Crow and Blade 2.
Oldboy - that one I'm taking out purely because I don't think people even realize it is based on a comic book, plus the race is called superhero and....well, it just doesn't strike me as this kind of a story.
What I'm putting in:
Guardians of the Galaxy - oh come on. We've gotta have this in. If
freaking Spiderman 2 is in and something called The Rocketeer (what is
that?) then you've gotta have the movie that was arguably most fun
normal people had in theaters this year (I had more fun during Gone Girl
but I think we can all agree I'm not a picture of sanity). We need our underdogs.
Avengers may have larger than life heroes - billionaires, super spies,
Gods and...Mark Ruffalo and all his divine curly hair but Guardians are
the opposite - guys who no one roots for who do the
right thing anyways and all of that is served in a truly incredibly fun package.
Thor - this will probably get thrown out in a matter of seconds by the next participants but I just love this movie. It's my favorite Marvel film along with Avengers and Guardians - I love the humor, the chemistry between Hemsworth and Portman and obviously Loki. It's just such a fun movie, it has everything - funny scenes, good romance, great villain, brave hero and it even has cute dogs and Idris Elba.
So the list now:
locked - The Avengers, The Dark Knight, Spider-Man 2, Iron Man, Unbreakable, The Racketeer, The Incredibles
and - X2, Blade 2, The Crow, Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor
I'm gonna go ahead and pass this to someone with actual film knowledge - Alex of And so It Begins.