Saturday, July 2, 2016

Margot Robbie Appreciation

By s. Saturday, July 2, 2016

Margot Elise Robbie
July 2, 1990 (Dalby, Queensland, Australia)

“I became an actor so I can show you characters and never have to show you me.”


Margot started her career by appearing in Australian independent films in the late 2000s. She was later cast in the soap opera Neighbours (2008-2011), which earned her two Logie Award nominations. After moving to the United States, Robbie starred in the short-lived ABC drama series Pan Am (2011-2012). In 2013, she made her big screen debut in Richard Curtis's About Time and co-starred in Martin Scorsese's The Wolf of Wall Street. And it is that role that put her on everyone's radar. When DiCaprio saw her and couldn't believe how exquisitely beautiful she was, it was also our reeaction. Remember that slick slow motion when Leo narrates that it's his wife who used to be a model and she walks towards camera and everything slows down? I think I audibly gasped.

I think everyone audibly gasped.

And here she is talking about Leo Dicaprio:

That's right. She isn't just talented and pretty. She is super funny too.



I have not seen Margot in many things but her work in The Wolf of Wall Street was great. I saw a bit of Focus which in spite of her best efforts, beauty and talent, was unwatchable. But very soon Margot will be seen playing one of my favorite characters ever created, a character which has not been portrayed on the screen ever before - Harley Quinn. She was the only choice. There were no auditions. David Ayer offered her the part and she took it and if trailers are anything to go by she did the part justice.

Here's Margot last year, on July 2nd on the set of Suicide Squad with Harley Quinn birthday cake:

a cake she ate whole:
Margot is also a huge nerd, cannot hide laughter or remain cool under pressure and messes up people's tattoos. She also plays ice hockey, believe it or not. She has wicked sense of humour and is responsible for last year's hottest moment in cinema (you know what I'm talking about!)

So Happy Birthday Margot and thank you so much for bringing us Harley, at long last!

14 comments:

  1. Any actress that can steal the show from the biggest movie star on the planet is destined to be huge. Margot Robbie is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really is! i hope she will have a great career

      Delete
  2. I love her in The Wolf of Wall Street and yes, she is funny. I like what she did to picture of Leo. She's the reason I want to see Suicide Squad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is the main draw for me to, but Leto looks good in the role as well

      Delete
  3. I am sooo excited to see her as Harley Quinn. Only a few months left to wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One more month! i really hope the film doesn't suck but it's hard to trust WB after BvS

      Delete
  4. I can't wait to see her bring Harley to life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, I've been waiting for someone to finally have Harley in a feature film for years now. Fuckin' Nolan never bothered to do this :P

      Delete
  5. Oh, Margot. I love her sooooo much.

    I always have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, let's stick to that story :lol: :P

      Delete
  6. Can't wait til Suicide Squad. Great post, and go Australia! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG that quote about Leo and his YouTube video is hilarious! Girlfriend keeps is real!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I figure lots of people would react the way she did :P

      Delete