Sunday, December 17, 2017

The Ten: Best Christmas Movies of All Time

By s. Sunday, December 17, 2017
Nostra is getting everyone in Christmas mood with this lovely relay race.

Sonia has passed the baton to me so that I stopped perving for a second. Haha ain't happening:


Anyways, here are the rules:

The list has 10 Christmas movies (in random order) and when the baton is handed over to a new blogger, he or she has to remove one title of the list (with an explanation why) and add one new title.

Once that is done a new blogger is contacted who will take the baton and run with it, doing the same (you can reinstate a title which has been previously removed). 

As Christmas is in three weeks I want to ask you to publish your entry as quickly as possible to make sure the list changes as much as possible before the 25th of December. Add the logo of this relay race to your post and also add links to those who came before you making it easy for everyone to find all the entries

The list so far:

and the ten movies currently:

Home Alone

Bad Santa

Elf

Joyeux Noel

Die Hard

A Christmas Story

Gremlins

It's a Wonderful Life

Muppet Christmas Carol

The Nightmare Before Christmas
I cannot believe this went for so long and Love Actually was gone after first entry and not one of you reinstated it. I'm putting it back. It's actually the only Christmas movie I watch annually. It's so warm, funny, romantic and Bill Nighy is straight up legendary there. 


And not that it will happen but the next time someone wants to tell me they love me...that film has a perfect way to do that:


I'm taking out Muppet Christmas Carol because I'm afraid to take out any classics and this is Muppets, come on.

I'm passing the baton to Katy from Oh So Geeeky

23 comments:

  1. Still not a fan of Love Actually. I blame that test screening I went to. I did like Bill Nighy in that film though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nighy was just so great here. He always is but his character here is just iconic

      Delete
  2. I figured this was coming back at some point. Man, you cranked this post out quick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I just straight up stole the pictures from you, didn't even bother looking for my own :) I need to focus on trashing Last Jedi while I still remember it

      Delete
  3. I've only seen Love Actually once a few years ago but I really liked it. I'm glad to see it made back to the list.

    And God bless you for that Christmas Jon pic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm all about spreading Xmas Jon cheer :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for passing this relay onto me! I wasn't a big fan of Love Actually but if Andrew showed up on my doorstep right now....*sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew would get a swift kick in the nuts from me for killing boo boo twice

      Delete
  5. The fact that you had to put Love Actually BACK to the list is baffling.. I would not have removed it nor would I have not added it if it wasn't there. Which is why when it was my turn, I was in trouble.

    PS: I was also not keen on removing the classics but luckily there was a movie in this list I really do not like. But Muppets.. I agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's quick...thanks for joining. Nice to see Love Actually coming back. Shame that Muppet's Christmas Carol being removed. That's in my top 3 of Christmas movies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dammit! I was hoping for my beloved Eyes Wide Shut to be reinstated ;)
    I tried to sneak that in straight away and it got found out. I also had to ditch Love Actually to do so! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very original pick but to throw away LA for that is blasphemy! :)

      Delete
  8. I definitely stand behind you bringing back Love Actually...I need to go watch that one right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely see it again this weekend :)

      Delete
  9. Poor Andrew Lincoln he's never living Love Actually down! lol

    To be fair, Zombies made him hotter so I don't know what he's bitching about.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this feature. Seeing everyone doing it has really put me in a Christmas mood. And as always Sati, gorgeously Illustrated.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was going to send this your way, as I figured you'd have other shit going on, but I love that you cranked it out so damn quickly (with heavy thieving from Dell, I see). That said, I dig your pick. I remember digging Love, Actually...but I haven't seen that f--ker in years, and had to go with something I at least knew something about.

    The f--king Muppets are gone? Nice. See you in Hell, Miss Piggy. See. You. In. Hell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What shit could I have going on during Christmas break other than sitting on my ass and watching movies? :D

      Delete
  12. Awesome list! I loved watching the Nightmare Before Christmas! I need to rewatch Gremlins again!

    ReplyDelete