You don't even know what fucking day you work
directed by Quentin Tarantino
The scene: Budd, Bill's brother, who is a bouncer in a lousy bar gets told off by his boss Larry. What we witness in that barely 3-minute long scene is an epic exchange worthy of the best of Tarantino's moments. Larry takes a marker and proceeds to cross Budd's name on the calender, which is especially funny since Budd, former assassin who is very dangerous, just stands there looking calm, resigned and pretty damn put in his place.
- You looking for me?
- I don't know what car wash you worked before you came here that let you stroll in minutes late, but it wasn't owned by me - and I own a fuckin' car wash.
- Larry...there ain't nobody out there, so...
- What's your point? That you're not needed here?
- My point is...l'm the bouncer, and there ain't nobody out there to bounce.
- You saying that the reason that you're not doing the job that I'm paying you to do is that you don't have a job to do?
- Is that what you're saying? What are you trying to convince me of, exactly? That you're as useless as an asshole right here? Well, guess what, buddy? I think... you just fucking convinced me. Let's go to the calendar. It's calendar time. Calendar time for Buddy. OK. You working tomorrow?
- Mm. No, you're n... You don't even know what fucking day you work. Here. You're not working tomorrow. You're working Wednesday. Here you are. There you go. Workin' Thursday?
- I don't think so. Friday. There's your name.
- If you say so.
- There used to be your name. OK? Saturday. There used to be your name. Uh, Monday... Here. How about that? Fuckin' with your cash is the only thing you kids seem to understand. OK? Now, I want you to go home till I call you. Till I call you. Before you leave, talk to Rocket. She's got a job for you to do. And... the hat. That fuckin' hat. That fucking...How many times have I told you, don't wear that fucking hat here? How many?
- Customers wear hats.
- Well, I'm not the boss of the customers. I'm the boss of you. And I'm telling you that I want you to keep that shit-kicker hat at home.