Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Soundtrack Wednesday - Gone Girl

By s. Wednesday, September 24, 2014 , ,
 While it's still a little over a week till the whole album is released four tracks showed up on soundcloud today. I think this will become my favorite of the three scores Reznor and Ross did for Fincher. Sugar Storm on its own is so gorgeous. I can almost taste sugar and snow while listening to it. Just like You sounds like something straight from David Lynch's movie and I think The Way he looks at me plays in a certain montage that is bound to make everyone lose their shit.

Tracks: Sugar Storm, Background Noise, The Way He Looks at Me, Just like You
Artist: Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross
Movie: Gone Girl

Here's the tracklist: 

SIDE 1A
1 WHAT HAVE WE DONE TO EACH OTHER?
2 SUGAR STORM
3 EMPTY PLACES
4 WITH SUSPICION
5 JUST LIKE YOU
6 APPEARANCES
7 CLUE ONE

SIDE 1B
1 CLUE TWO
2 BACKGROUND NOISE
3 PROCEDURAL
4 SOMETHING DISPOSABLE
5 LIKE HOME

SIDE 2A
1 EMPTY PLACES (REPRISE)
2 THE WAY HE LOOKS AT ME
3 TECHNICALLY, MISSING
4 SECRETS
5 PERPETUAL
6 STRANGE ACTIVITIES

SIDE 2B
1 STILL GONE
2 A REFLECTION
3 CONSUMMATION
4 SUGAR STORM (REPRISE)
5 WHAT WILL WE DO?
6 AT RISK


Other posts in David Fincher Blog Event:


11 comments:

  1. I'm holding out till the entire album comes out. I don't mind the previews but I would rather hear it as a whole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sugar Storm is brilliant! I wish I could've listened to this as I read the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I'm totally gonna read the book again and listen to it once I don't need to study so much :)

      Delete
  3. Trent Reznor is a longtime Fincher collaborator isn't he? I remember liking the Social Network one too. This soundtrack is beautiful and eerie at the same time, which is perfect I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Fincher used Nin's music in Se7en but the first time Reznor actually composed was Social Network. I think this soundtrack is the most accessible, I just listened to the whole thing and it has so many gorgeous tracks but a fair share of very intense creepy ones too

      Delete
  4. I cannot be more excited for this soundtrack! Reznor and Ross are brilliant, my personal favourite is Sugar Storm as well :) Can't wait until the whole album comes out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can stream it! I'll include the link in my next post

      Delete
  5. Hello Sati,

    awesome site, both in design and content!
    I just wanted to let you know that I quoted you on my blog :)

    www.hqcovers.net

    I'm kind of in a Fincher mood myself these days and designed and published custom soundtrack covers to all of Reznor & Ross' works for David Fincher. I'd love to hear your thoughts on them. Feel free to present them on your blog and keep up the good work!

    heidl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Love your work, the Dragon Tattoo ones were especially brilliant.

      Delete
  6. Oh, I love Sugar Storm! Great post!

    ReplyDelete