Tuesday, March 5, 2019

The first trailer for Ari Aster's Midsommar is here!

By s. Tuesday, March 5, 2019 , ,
Yey! Midsommar is my most anticipated movie of the year. I consider Aster's previous movie Hereditary one of the most unique horror movies of last few years. I read Midsommar script last fall and absolutely loved it and I just cannot wait to see the story play out on screen. I'm already very surprised - in a great way - by all the pastel colors in the marketing

The film stars one of the most exciting and talented young actresses Florence Pugh, who was brilliant in Lady Macbeth and is currently charming the audiences in Fighting with My Family. Pugh stars as a troubled girl named Dani who joins her boyfriend and his friends on a trip to the secluded woods in Sweden in order to take part in a festival. As you can probably guess....things will turn truly horrific and messed up.

Midsommar is scheduled for release date in August.

18 comments:

  1. This looks so intriguing. I'm going to go in spoiler free like I did Hereditary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh man good luck, this is one disturbing story :)

      Delete
  2. I like the freakiness of this thing. A hippie commune with a ghoulish cultish side. I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEY! I think this is gonna be a really great movie!

      Delete
  3. Yeah, f--k that shit.


    (but, uh... totally going to see it)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I braved Hereditary because of our blogging community, and I'm going to brave this one too. I'm really looking forward to trying not to piss myself and/or cry in the cinema...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes! We are stronger and more fearless together! :D

      Delete
  5. Never ever go on a trip into secluded woods. NEVER.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! what the fuck is wrong with people?

      Delete
  6. Whoa this looks weird AF, but I'm totally here for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEY! It's gonna be really good! I hope we get it around the same time as USA here

      Delete
  7. Well, I'm going to be scared for the rest of the day. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And tomorrow by RF for the rest of the week :D

      Delete
  8. Oh looks good! Though nothing good has ever come from let's go on vacation to secluded anything. Unless your Jason or Hardy I'm out!

    I have zero patience so I'm going to go look for that script.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you didn't find it, I will hook you up :)

      Delete
  9. Oh now this looks like one intriguing movie.

    ReplyDelete