Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Welcome to Arrakis in the first trailer for Denis Villeneuve's "Dune"

By s. Wednesday, September 9, 2020 , ,

After months and months of waiting today is the finally the day. This is not the first footage many of us has seen - Warner Bros. cleverly added a very impressive teaser to Tenet but foolishly didn't release the teaser online so a lot of people's first look at the movie was camrip footage. But now the proper trailer has been released. 

WB really went all out and did the whole panel with the cast and Denis before they dropped it, please someone tell me they uploaded it online because I couldn't decide whether to look on Oscar or Jason. edit - it's here.

I just really hope Warner Bros. makes a rare, wise decision and pushes this movie's release to summer. Hopefully by then the pandemic will be over or at least much less awful. By the time the summer comes people will be back in the cinemas and they will be starving for new big budget spectacles. This would do incredibly well then. And 9 months between trailer and the movie's release is perfect. It's already been too long since the first trailer for Wonder Woman 1984 and my hype for it completely burned out.

In December this movie will flop. During the summer it will make money. It's bad enough we are not getting Game of Thrones-style series and - yes, my disappointment comes mainly from the fact the sequels probably won't get filmed and Jason Momoa's Duncan won't get to have all the crazy sex in that - but at least adapt the first novel in its entirety. 

Having just started reading the novel I am so curious to see how they will adapt it because it is very, very rich and very tricky to portray in a movie - lots of inner monologues, lots of world building to do. The trailer looks absolutely mesmerizing and that final shot will be enough to intrigue general audience.


12 comments:

  1. That's a great trailer! I have to give Oscar the edge because he has a glorious beard and WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU SHAVE, MOMOA?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he did it himself to talk about oceans when he does it lol

      Delete
  2. OSCAAAAAR. I need a cold shower now.

    This was a great trailer. I agree with you that they need to delay this until next summer. I don't think they will, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. allegedly WW1984 is getting moved to November or December so this will definitely get pushed

      Delete
  3. Just saw the trailer today and I loved it! It looks like a pretty interesting movie! I need to read the book soon though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just started and it's really good!

      Delete
    2. Cool! I might buy the book just to see how the movie compares to it!

      Delete
    3. I think a good idea may be to read it before it, it's kinda a complex world so it would help during the movie

      Delete
  4. I'm so clueless on the world of Dune so I feel slightly overwhelmed right now but I'm here for the maddening thirst that the world has for this cast!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's basically a messiah/chosen one story just set in space :P The politics and all of that is kinda like Game of Thrones with powerful fractions fighting for influence

      Delete
  5. timotheeeee I mean.. I know there are like so many manlyman choices in Dune but I adore Timotheeeee. Okay, I'll stop now. I've also taken the book out of the shelf so I might get to it before the movie gets gere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm finally reading the book to! Apparently all it took was Oscars pretty beard :)

    Yeah they definitely have to move this one. But I have no idea what Warner Brothers is doing at this point so nothing would surprise me.

    ReplyDelete