- Loving Film
- Weekly Features
- Other Features
- Review Index
- Rating System
Monday, January 20, 2014
Blogathon: Life, Love and the Movies
MyFilmviews and Karamel Kinema started a very cool blogathon, which consists of 16 movie-related questions.
1. What was the first movie you saw in the cinema and what do you remember about that visit?
I remember seeing The Lion King and half of people crying when main lion's dad died. That's as specific as I can be.
2. Are there any movies you have very strong memories of which are not because of the movie (for example something which happened at the time you were watching it)?
They are, but there is no way for me to write that story.
But I'll give you another one - I was watching Hannibal with my friend and the face of Gary Oldman in this movie is the scariest shit ever. I went to the toilet, came back and my friend pause it on the shot of his face to scare me. Horrific.
3. Which movies had a big impact on you and changed a (small) part of your view on life?
Frida really filled me in optimism. Fuck the obstacles, just do your thing.
4. Do you have any comfort movies which you return to because you are in a specific mood (for example if you are feeling down/nursing a heartbreak)?
I watch In the Loop no matter what mood I'm in. I also watch Jonah Hill comedies because they are so funny. I love Superbad so damn much. Seth Rogen's films are hilarious too, especially Zack and Miri Make a Porno. So apparently my idea of entertainment is a comedy with lots of swearing.
5. If a movie would be made about your life, what type of a movie would it be and who would you like to portray you?
They're doing it - it's called Crimson Peak and apparently Jessica Chastain is playing me. Seriously, though, it would probably be a cross between really cute romantic comedy and some real disturbing Blue Jasmine/Fight Club-style self destruction. I would like someone I actually like to portray me and I've been told I kinda look like Michelle Williams so that's good (I have dark hair so I colored her cool character's hair from I'm not There above). Also - Tom Hiddleston should star as my love interest. Because I really want him to.
6. Which existing movie best represents you?
Well, let's see - half-heartedly doing my job, being annoyed with people, awful at driving, loving dogs and not being a big fan of crying babies, drinking....that would be Young Adult.
7. If you knew you would die tomorrow, what would be the last movie you would want to see?
Probably In the Loop or Snatch. At least I'd die laughing.
8. If you can spend your life working in the film industry, what would you be and why?
Game of Thrones producer. Why? Look at this blog.
9. Did you ever have a first kiss with someone while at the cinema and if so which movie was playing?
I don't recall (Wolf of Wall Street Style).
10. What is your favorite movie relationship and why?
I think Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks in You've Got Mail. Because they connected through conversation and as long as you keep talking, as long as there is connection, love doesn't go away.
11. When did your love for movies start and how has it grown?
It probably started when I saw Moulin Rouge! on the big screen. Then I went through all of Nicole Kidman's movies. To this day when I love the actor, I'll watch everything with him/her in it.
12. If you have to choose one film to watch with your loved one, what would it be and why?
I always show my friends funny comedies. It's important to laugh as much as you can.
13. If you can choose one character from a movie to be your significant other who would it be and why?
Loki. He's hot, charismatic and he doesn't give a shit.
14. What was the first movie that made you fall in love with film and cinema?
That's kinda the same answer as 11, but the first movie I really, really loved was The Others.
15. How did your passion for movies turn you into a movie blogger?
I started reviewing movies in high school, then I started winning awards for the reviews + I was always very active on various movie message boards on the net. So I thought, hey let's have a decent place for my reviews. It's more than 2 years later - and it's still here.
16. What is your favorite date from a movie?
It's not really a date and it's an awful movie, but I really liked the scene from Friends with Benefits where Mila Kunis took Justin Timberlake up on the roof at nighttime and they were lying there, watching the sky. I love big cities, outdoors and night sky.
If you want to participate:
- Give answers to the 16 questions above
- Write a blog post about it
- Include the blogathon logo in your post
- Add a link to the blogathon announcement so others can participate as well