Monday, February 24, 2014

Mt. Rushmore of Movies - 4 Favorite Male Characters

By s. Monday, February 24, 2014 , ,

My favorite blogger, m.brown, is doing something I never did - he is hosting a blogathon.

It's his first blogathon (and to read more about it click on the image on the right) and it's awesome - because of the President's Day he is asking us to choose 4 cinematic anything. Well, after days of trying to work out a way to feature McConaughey - it's just weird when he is not in the post - I gave up and figured I'm just gonna choose my 4 all time favorite male characters. Granted, 3 of those aren't really cinematic, they are from TV, but In The Loop was a spin-off movie of The Thick of It and it also featured Malcolm Tucker, so it's 50/50.

I'm working on a separate list of favorite female characters but here it was much easier to choose just the very favorites. And thank God for Chad because the other 3 are so very grumpy.

4. Chad Feldheimer
Played by: Brad Pitt
In: Burn after Reading 

The Coen brothers come up with so many interesting and colorful characters but Brad Pitt's naive, sweet and clueless Chad is my absolute favorite one. From his menacing squinting through him thinking a smile can save a man's life to his adorable little dance when he is listening to music, everything Chad does in this movie puts a smile on your face and Pitt completely disappears into character.

3. Al Swearengen
Played by: Ian McShane
In: Deadwood

Deadwood remains my favorite drama series (yes, even Game of Thrones can't dethrone it) and the anti hero Al Swearengen, its main character, is the show's biggest asset. With his elaborate scheming and juicy, sweary one liners, in the talented ensemble you still keep waiting for McShane's Swearengen to show up even if all he is gonna do is call someone a cocksucker.

2. Ron Swanson
Played by: Nick Offerman
In: Parks and Recreation

It's not just that Ron is one of my all time favorite characters, it's also that I agree with so many of his beliefs. Government is useless, private life should be private and it is nobody's business but your own, your address along with other data about you should be confidential almost completely and technology is evil. I'm also weirded out by vegetarians, even with my love for animals. I hate change, crowds, doctors and loud noises. And I don't like to deal with people. Sitting in my office with closed doors with nobody bothering me all day, every day - that's an actual dream I have. The man is my role model.

1. Malcolm Tucker
Played by Peter Capaldi
in: The Thick of It, In the Loop

Tucker is just unbeatable or shall I say unfuckable. The Thick of It is my all time favorite series, I could seriously watch it over and over again. The writing on the show is brilliant but Capaldi makes his Malcolm Tucker so charismatic and frighteningly awesome he is easily my all time favorite character. In the showdown with all the ones on favorite female characters list, he would be a number 1 too.

RELATED POSTS:
 

30 comments:

  1. Hey, I love the photo you made of the 4 characters! Just by looking at that Mt. Rushmore, and the four on it, you know its awesome! And I haven't even read the article yet!

    I actually can imagine these guys being "Presidents". Especially Ron Swanson and Malcom Tucker. It'll be a twisted world, but a very interesting one!

    p/s: I've just realised you've nevered hosted a blogathon. I've always assumed you have. Maybe you start one....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a good world - these guys actually know what they are doing. Well, except for Chad :)

      I would if I had any ideas for it, but I don't like to force myself to do things on this blog. There is just no chemistry between words 'me' and 'my own blogathon'.

      Delete
  2. I love this! An entire comedic set, huh...surprising but awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprising? :D

      Deadwood isn't comedy, even though it has plenty of hilarious moments.

      Delete
  3. First, that graphic is awesome. I wasn't going to make one, but now I pretty much have to.

    Okay, you pretty much broke the only rule I gave you, but I'm all for it. Pitt and Offerman should probably be on everyone's list of actors/characters they love.

    As for the other two, I love McShane, even though I've never seen a minute of Deadwood. The guy's voice is perfect. Maybe I should e-mail asrap and have him update his post. And Capaldi I'm definitely interested in. In The Loop is on Netflix streaming...so I'll knock that one out as soon as possible.

    Thank you so much for participating. You're the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      What did you expect?:D Although seriously if I used Fisti's idea there is no way there would be just 4. So as far as rule breaking goes, this wasn't that bad :)

      Oh, In the Loop is seriously hilarious, it's in my top 20 of all time.

      You're welcome, it was great fun!

      Delete
  4. Chad is one of my all-time favorite characters. He's such a dumbass but a loveable dumbass. His hair, his willingness to maintain a cool physique, and the ability to make people feel better. Chad is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pitt really should be getting more love for this performance, he was insanely awesome.

      Delete
  5. Great picks Sati! Why am I not surprised you'd have Nick Offerman and Peter Capaldi on the list... but surprised there's no LOKI, ahah. Great Photoshop work, too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oh yeah, Loki isn't my role model and I go with those first. THEN come the dudes I'd hit :P

      Delete
    2. Ahah, I'd love to see THAT list!! But we may have to share Armitage and Hiddles :P

      Delete
    3. That list would be so massive it would break the blog :)

      Delete
  6. Nice graphic! (If I attempt to make one, it's going to look fucking awful) and great post! I really need to see The Thick of It. I haven't seen a lot of Parks and Rec, but I do enjoy it when I see Offerman's character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The Thick of It remains the funniest thing I've seen.

      Delete
  7. Peter Capaldi, Peter Capaldi, Peter Capaldi! Yes. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's the best, he seriously should rule the galaxy for real.

      Delete
  8. Ron Swanson! One of the best characters on TV these days! I've seen Peter Capaldi in In the Loop and totally enjoyed the film, and his performance was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swanson is the best! Offerman should be in every comedy, he is such a funny actor.

      Delete
  9. I'm inclined to start watching Parks and Rec for Swanson now. Okay, honestly, I haven't seen anything from this list but I promise I will ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really hilarious show, there are so many funny characters in that, The Thick of It is even fumier but it has some tricky references, since it's a political show + many references to British pop culture

      Delete
  10. Good job making the picture of Mount Rushmore with your characters on it. Do you know I tried to do that for my post? I spent like 30 minutes googling how to do it and saw a bunch of crap for Pixlr and finally just quit. BRAVO! I do have Photoshop but was too lazy to get off my laptop and go to the iMac to use it. Great choices also!!!

    Angie
    My Mount Rushmore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I'm quite good with Photoshop so that wasn't this hard to do :) Pixlr probably wouldn't be the right choice for something like this.

      Delete
  11. An incredible list. Of course I've not seen any of them. I've always heard Deadwood is incredible though. And it's really funny but I seem to agree with Ron Swanson too. Cheers.

    PS. An incredible graphic tops it all off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You should definitely check out Deadwood!

      Delete
  12. The only character I know is Pitt's in Burn After Reading. And he is definitely awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Even though everyone has said it, I'll say it again. That graphic is amazing. Great job. Haven't seen Deadwood ever and maybe half an episode of Parks and Rec, sadly. I have seen Burn After Reading and In the Loop and loved both the movies and the characters you chose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was fun making this one :)

      Delete
  14. YAY! I love Malcolm Tucker and Chad Feldheimer! They're so funny, but for completely different reasons.

    ReplyDelete