- Loving Film
- Weekly Features
- Other Features
- Review Index
- Rating System
Monday, February 13, 2012
And the BAFTA goes to...
- Dujardin thanked his fellow nominees. The Fass looked pissed but then remembered to smile. Brad Pitt looked genuinely happy. I'm shocked Dujardin won in Britain, I was sure Oldman will win. I'm so happy he didn't. Not for this performance, not now. Jean yet again proven to be completely adorable. But Uggie wasn't there :(
- Christina Hendricks was there to present an award - what a gorgeous woman she is.
- Billy Bob Thorton presented the award for the best contribution in British cinema to John Hurt in a hilarious way - he said that they got a guy who can only see 4 feet in front of him and with IQ lower than 50 to present an award. Then he made a mistake in the word "recipient" and added "I told you so".
- When "The Artist" won for best movie they showed Viola Davis clapping and her husband staring at her in angry way. It was so funny.
- When Meryl Streep won for Best Actress while she was walking up the stairs she lost her shoe. She then staggered to the podium as Colin Firth rushed to retrieve the shoe and put it on her foot. Seriously, first the glasses on Globes, now the shoe on BAFTAS. What will she lose during Oscars? I almost want her to win just to find out.
- "The Artist" cleaned up and won in so many categories - I predict it will get at least 8 Oscars. I just hope year later people won't hate it as they seem to hate "A King's Speech" now, which truly baffles me.
- BAFTA always has such cool montages - the compliation of clips from movies from last year and great presentations for movies nominated for best pciture. They didn't disappoint - I also loved Stephen Fry's introductions for each of the movies.
- "Shame" got nothing on its own turf. Damn it.
- Brad Pitt is so lovely, he seemed like such a nice guy, especially on red carpet where he kept signing autographs and talking to the press. He presented best director to Michel Hazanavicius who thanked him for prounouncing his name correctly.
- 2 more weeks to Oscars. And I still can't decide who is winning Best Actress.