Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day Special - 15 memorable sex scenes.

By s. Monday, February 13, 2012 , ,
I'll be damned If I sit here making a list of the most romantic moments in movies. Fuck it. In the time when in recent movies Scarlett Johansson has a bra in sex scenes (who does that?) and Justin Timberlake is dry humping (I don't even wanna know who does that...)  Cameron Diaz it is nice to remember that some movies actually have good, passionate and erotic sex scenes. Here we go:

(Warning: Contains explicit images, Ryan Gosling, Jake Gyllenhaal, Mila Kunis, Robert Downey Jr and others shirtless Clooney and Jean Dujardin, naturally. Viewing this post may cause severe salivation and sexual imagery suddenly appearing in the mind)


1. No more time outs
 George Clooney and Jennifer Lopez in "Out of Sight"
2. Possessed
Mila Kunis and Natalie Portman in "Black Swan"
3. In Space
George Clooney and Natasha McElhone in "Solaris"
4. On the Street
Jean Dujardin and Vahina Giocante in "99 francs"
5. In a haze
Naomi Watts and Laura Harring in "Mulholland Drive"
6. Once in a Lifetime
Keira Knightley and James McAvoy in "Atonement"
7. Don't just stare at it!
Christian Bale, Cara Seymour and Krista Sutton in "American Psycho"
8. Cursed
Mickey Rourke and Lisa Bonet in "Angel Heart"
 9. The Joy of Falling in Love
Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams in "Blue Valentine"
10. Natural Born Lovers
Laura Dern and Nicolas Cage in "Wild at Heart"
11. Forbidden
Leonardo DiCaprio and Vera Farmiga in "The Departed"
12. Goodbye
Robert Downey Jr. and Nicole Kidman in "Fur"
13. From Hell
Emmanuele Seigner and Johnny Depp in "The 9th Gate"
14. Dazed and Confused
Helena Bonham Carter and *** in "Fight Club"
15. Introduction + Benefits
Jake Gyllenhaal and Anne Hathaway in "Love and Other Drugs"

27 comments:

  1. Wild at Heart, those scenes looked real to me, as if they were lovers in their private life. If not, then was damn fine acting. Helena Bonham Carter and *** ( :

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally - Lynch makes the best sex scenes, he really is amazing at capturing emotions on screen and knows how to pair actors.

      Delete
  2. Wow... that is hot. I would put Tony Leung & Tang Wei from Lust, Caution in that list for acrobatic sex. That's the one in my mind that is very memorable and got the film a NC-17 rating.

    Who puts a sex scene with Scarlett Johansson wearing a bra? Oh, Michael Bay of course. That is why he is a hack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it was a black bra so it stood out even more :)

      Delete
  3. ahaha don't just stare at it will be forever engraved in my mind. but in the book he takes the time to be meticulous. I sound like a pervert, I know. And I loved all the moments between DiCaprio and Farmiga in The Departed, I thought they had great chemistry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had amazing chemistry, come to think of it Farmiga has chemistry with actors in all the films I've seen her in.

      Delete
  4. A Great list.

    I love that you redacted who Helen Bonham Carter was having it with in Fight Club!! Nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the many clever things Fincher does - we never really see anyone but Helena. Could be the trick in cinematography or just the fact she is naked :)

      Delete
  5. Good list. I haven't seen some of these films.

    If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend The Lover (1992). In addition to having a mostly autobiographical story from noted French author Marguerite Duras (Hiroshima Mon Amour) Jane March and Tony Leung Ka Fai had a few scorching scenes, especially the one that starts with her walking as fast as she can to meet him at an apartment he has and before she can even knock he whips open the door and pulls her inside. There's a whole lotta built up tension that the two of them release. The film got an R on its release, but would definitely get an NC-17 from the MPAA nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen it but I definetly will! Thanks!

      Delete
  6. Good list - but I would have to say that #15 did nothing for me. But the movie did nothing for me so that is why I got nuthin' from the scene, I guess.

    You remind me I need to catch more of Dujardin's films in his native language.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you definetly should - it's amazing how many different men this guy can play and his movies are very enjoyable.

      Delete
  7. Nice list that American Psycho one especially cracked me up. :-)

    I would of added a few scences from one of my guilty pleasures Wildthings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome list. DON'T JUST STARE AT IT, EAT IT! Yes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks ^^ I think this line will follow Bale for a long time :)

      Delete
  9. Definitely agree with the inclusion of the sex scenes in Hiroshima Mon Amour and Lust, Caution - both completely different, but the two are still beautiful in their separate ways.

    Blue Valentine definitely has my favourite sex scene in, so I am so glad to see it up here! Kudos for the inclusion of Wild at Heart, Mulholland Drive and Fight Club. I may not have gotten into Atonement (the film, I love the book), but the sex scene in the film was really well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm gonna have to get around to watching Lust, Caution, I think its the runtime that scared me off from watching it back when it was in theatres.

      Delete
  10. Haha love that American Psycho one! Top Gun's blue lit one has always stuck in mind for some wierd reason!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was actually pretty good scene!

      Delete
  11. History of Violence has some pretty memorable sex scenes. The first is beautiful and peaceful/while the later is much more violent. Excellent showcase showing how much things change in that film.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great choice! Both scenes were great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can I just say...Angel Heart. Yes. Fucked up as all hell, but such a great movie, I don't even give a damn. Excellent list! Of course, American Psycho. Of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angel Heart is fantastic, I wish more people saw it. American Psycho is a mandatory position on a list like that :)

      Delete
  14. Ah what a great alternative Valentine's list! Have you seen Don't Look Now? Super creepy film, brilliant sex scene. I love Blue Valentine but most of the sexy scenes made me feel uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen "Don't look now" yet I heard it's very scary so I'm saving it up until I'm in a mood for a disturbing film :)

      Delete
  15. Lol, love the "warning" at the top. I'm surprised there's nothing from Basic Instinct here, that entire movie was essentially one extended sex scene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I don't want to be blamed if people faint ^^

      I'll probably feature Basic Instinct in this year's edition :P

      Delete