What is black swan you may ask, Well, it has never been stated as an official term but I'd like to think the idea of a black swan/white swan is a very elegant way of depicting the duality in characters. So I encourage you to write about your favorite white swans/black swans, both in movies and in TV series.
There are so many fascinating cases of character being one thing to the outside world and completely different person in reality - Mavis from Young Adult, Patrick Bateman from American Psycho, Brandon from Shame...you can choose characters from all the genres and it's doesn't matter if they are lead or very supporting.
I'd love for this to be also the opportunity to write about those fascinating characters from the psychological standpoint, so go for it!
Here are the rules:
1. Choose max 3 characters to write about.
2. You can also feature characters from TV series.
3. We are not looking for doppelgangers - we are looking for one person with two sides. For example in Black Swan you can write about Nina and her alter ego but not about Lily and Nina, which are two different people. You can write about Gollum/Smeagol but you cannot write about Bette and Dot - the Siamese twins from AHS: Freakshow - because technically they are two different people.
4. Write about why you chose the character
5. Provide a theory on what causes the two different sides and what are the signs and contradictions between the two, for example you can write about things like that:
6. Link back to the post and feature the logo for the blogathon
7. Let me know you wrote the post either in the comment, via twitter - @lady_sati or my e-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
8. The deadline is April 30th
9. Most importantly? Have fun!