Monday, November 14, 2011

Scene of the Week: Atonement

By s. Monday, November 14, 2011 , ,
Atonement
directed by Joe Wright

The scene: In a culmination to Briony's atonement she visits her sister, Cee and her boyfriend Robbie, whom she falsely accused of rape many years ago. Briony talks to Cee and Robbie passes her by, without recognizing her. Briony looks over to another room and sees disheveled sheets on the bed, suggesting passion between Cee and Robbie, Briony will never know because of the set of events she put in motion and the consequences for her conscience. After Robbie realizes who she is he yells at her asking her if she realizes what war is and what horrors he saw there, all because of what she did. As he launches on her in fury, Cee comes between them and gently asks Robbie to come back to her, bringing him right into state of peace just by her own proximity. Shocked and scared Briony gazes through window and sees old, lonely woman. Her own future.



5 comments:

  1. LOVE this scene. McAvoy kills it here. I love your blog, a truly great find. I've been trying to figure out how to show the different sections of my blog on my site, similar to what you've done with your 'LABELS' section on the top right of your page for a while. Guess it's time to revamp my site.

    Great stuff here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I don't know much about html so it took me some time to figure it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been trying to figure it out for years haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you put up the grid of the other 'Scene of the Week' series as I have missed a few of them. I LOVE this scene, so heartbreaking!! Even in these wordless pictures, there is sooo much emotion packed in 'em. Great job, Sati!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took a lot of time to do but now people check out other posts, so it was worth it! :) Thank you!

      Delete