Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Breaking Emotions: Smiles + Thrills

By s. Wednesday, November 20, 2013 , , , , , , ,

This week MettelRay gave us Smiles and Thrills to work with. I'm gonna give three examples for each of those. I'm going to share actual scenes too.

A summary? Pussy Palace, undies and George Clooney. My God, that sounds erotic.

Smiles:
Snatch
I thought you said he was a getaway driver. What the fuck can he get away from, eh?  
Snatch is my favorite comedy of all time. It has several laugh out loud moments for me, but Tyrone getting out of the car is by far the best one.

American Pie 2
Glue 
Yes, American Pie movies are crass and often disgusting. Yes, I almost fell off my chair from laughing so hard during this scene.

The Big Lebowski
Walter's plan

 When that scene happened I actually had to pause the movie. To laugh for few minutes.

Thrills:

The Dark Knight Rises
Rise

I was holding my breath so much during this scene. Hans Zimmer's Why do we fall? was used perfectly here.

Gravity
Debris

Pretty much the entirety of Gravity could be featured here - the film is insanely intense and thrilling and one of the best theatrical experiences I've ever had. One of the highlights is the climax to opening scene in which the debris is approaching the characters. Fantastic, rising Debris by Steven Price only adds to the intensity of the moment.

Michael Clayton 
I'm not the guy that you kill.

I almost suffocated due to intensity n the cinema during this one. George Clooney carries this building frustration throughout the film and he finally explodes here and just destroys Tilda Swinton, the villain of the movie. You really can't tell what the hell is going to happen as his anger is so powerful you have a feeling Swinton's character may evaporate due to the sheer force of it.

RELATED POSTS
 

20 comments:

  1. Great choices! I can't believe I only saw Snatch for the first time this year. That movie was golden. I love that scene in American Pie 2. That one and the one where he's crotch thrusting and playing the trombone. I've never actually seen Michael Clayton, but after watching that clip, now I kind of want to! I wasn't on the Clooney bandwagon back then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's such a hilarious movie, honestly I must have seen it at least 10 times and I always laugh like crazy :P

      Michael Clayton is amazing, I'm sure you will like it!

      Delete
  2. YES to all of these! I keep telling myself that I'm going to use Gravity for one of these emotions, since it's fit so many of them (thus the very reason the film is a masterpiece) but I keep holding back. I'm waiting for that PERFECT emotion...it will come...I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gravity is so fantastic, glad you loved it too!

      Delete
  3. and that Snatch. scene just made me smile.. awww.. my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome post Sati! Boy that scene in Gravity is definitely gets your blood pumping! It's SOOO intense and the music just really envelops you. I LOVE your pick for Michael Clayton, it doesn't have to be an action scene for something to be thrilling and intense, in fact one of the scenes I picked is just two people talking but it's edge-of-your-seat stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to check out your choices!

      Delete
  5. The Big Lebowski is hilarious - my favorite scene is when they are scattering Donny's ashes by a cliff. "Good night, sweet prince." I definitely agree about Gravity, and Michael Clayton is one of Clooney's best performances. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah when Walter starts going on and on about Vietnam, oh man I love his character :)

      Clayton is my fav Clooney performance, for me he was waaaay better than DDL in There will be Blood.

      Delete
  6. Haha, that scene from American Pie 2 is probably my favorite. Love the ones from Snatch and The Big Lebowski too.

    Your thrill picks are so awesome! Can't disagree with any of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always laugh out loud during this American Pie moment :P

      Thank you! :P

      Delete
  7. "Is this fella bothering you?"

    Oh my God that scene f--king rules. Great selections all around, Sati.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this scene so, so much!

      Thank you! :)

      Delete
  8. American Pie definitely holds up. I laughed when I was 12, I still laugh now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a funny series, still holds up for me too :)

      Delete
  9. Thank you for doing these. Not only do you pick awesome scenes for each of the emotions, but if it weren't for you I wouldn't have found Mettel Ray's blog and actually started completing the blogathon myself. I'm having so much fun with it :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, glad you enjoy making these posts!

      Delete
  10. Great choices, i agree about the part in The Dark Knight Rises.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is such an intense moment.

      Delete