Sunday, October 23, 2011

Screaming Sunday: Shutter

By s. Sunday, October 23, 2011 , , ,
Plot: A young photographer and his girlfriend discover mysterious shadows in their photographs after a tragic accident. They soon learn that you can not escape your past. 
The heroes: Tun and his girlfriend Jane - first both being nice enough for you to care about them, but by the time the movie is over you will end up liking only one of them.
The antagonists: Ghost of young woman showing up first at the pictures and then...closer and closer to scared couple.
What makes it so great? The fact that you are rooting both for the heroes and then for the ghost.
Best scene: The blinking sequence in the photography session and the haunting and incredibly creepy ending.
Oh-oh something's not right line: "Jane? You're early"
Morbid trivia: When Tun flees through the staircase, he encounters his former girlfriend's ghost at Level 4. Number 4 is, in several Asian languages, pronounced similar as the word for death or suffering.
Scare factor: 5/5 - This one is as scary as they come I actually had to hide my dvd well after seeing it, 'cause I'm so scared of that movie. Watched it in the afternoon, in a sunny room and I still jumped out of my skin few times.
Gore factor: 2/5 - There are few disturbing moments, mostly quick shots of rotting corpses.
Is there a twist? Yes, and it will make your blood run cold.
Hint: Avoid American remake at any cost.
Unsuitable for:  Photographers or proud owners of their very own stalker whose feelings they played with.
Repercussions: I for one am unable of taking a photograph of myself anymore.

1 comment:

  1. My partner and I absolutely love your blog and find the majority of your post's to be just what I'm looking for.
    Do you offer guest writers to write content in your case?
    I wouldn't mind publishing a post or elaborating on many of the subjects you write regarding here. Again, awesome website!
    Also visit my website : topografía

    ReplyDelete