Saturday, June 23, 2012

Saturday TV Special: 20 favorite characters in TV series, part 1.

By s. Saturday, June 23, 2012 ,
20. Queen Sophie Anne LeClerc
played by: Evan Rachel Wood
in: True Blood
description: The Vampire Queen of Louisiana who enjoys playing games, pretending she is sun bathing and having relations with her servant Hadley. Always impeccably groomed and stunning, Sophie Anne sits on her throne not caring much about the politics or intrigues, which is eventually the thing that will get her into trouble. Still, she is very resourceful and can manipulate and lie her way into anything. Since she likes expensive things money is one thing she really is ready to risk a lot for.
favorite quote: Gods only exist in humans' minds, like money or morality
19. Temperance Brennan
played by: Emily Deschanel
in: Bones
description: Brilliant anthropologist who is completely at loss when it comes to pop culture references and other people's emotions.She uses scientific vocabulary to describe almost everything. Temperance has nickname "Bones" given to her by her partner Seeley Booth. She is a very strong person, who cares about others and has kind heart.
favorite quote: Two plus two equals four. I put sugar in my coffee and it tastes sweet. The sun comes up because the world turns. These things are beautiful to me. There are mysteries I will never understand, but everywhere I look I see proof that for every effect there is a corresponding cause. Even if I can't see it. I find that reassuring.
18. Pam
played by: Kristin Bauer van Straten
in: True Blood
description: Arrogant and self centered vampire, who used to own a brothel in her human life. She loves her stlylish clothes, make up and putting others down. She spends most of her time in a vampire bar Fangtasia, which she owns with her maker - Eric Northman, to whom she is very devoted. The scenes that are my favorite usually have Pam and the waitress - Ginger - in them.
favorite quote: I am so over Sookie and her precious fairy vagina and her unbelievably stupid name. F**k Sookie!
17. Fez 
played by:Wilmer Valderrama
in: That 70's Show
description: Foreign exchange student who can't seem to find a way to lose his virginity. He has the habit of calling women "whores" and despite the way it may sound it always happens in a very funny way (My God Buddy with a car like that you must be knee deep in whores!). He has hilarious voice, weird fetishes and very lovable quality to him.
favorite quote: You're undressing yourself you son of a bitch!
16. Phoebe Buffay
played by: Lisa Kudrow
in: Friends
description: Wonderfully weird, kind, sweet and eccentric character. She plays the guitar and sings and she is oblivious to the fact she completely sucks at it. She had incredibly hard life - her father left her family when she was little, her mother killed herself and then Phoebe lived on the streets. Despite that she still loves people and is capable of the most selfless acts.
favorite quote: For God's sakes Judy, pick up the sock! pick up the sock!!! PICK UP THE SOCK!!!!
15. Sherlock Holmes
played by: Benedict Cumberbatch
in: Sherlock
description: Brilliant and addicted to solving crimes, capable of noticing the tiniest clues and connecting the dots better than the room full of people focused on the problem. Socially awkward as most brilliant TV characters of geniuses.
favorite quote: Yes, if I wanted poetry I'd read John's emails to his girlfriends. Much funnier.
14. James "Sawyer" Ford
played by: Josh Holloway
in: Lost
description: Con man and at the first glance selfish jerk, Sawyer harbours a plan for revenge on the man who was responsible for the death of his parents. He can be ruthless but there are many times in the series he impresses everyone with his bravery and skills. Plus LOST would not be as fun as it is without all of his shirtless moments.
favorite quote: A tiger don't change their stripes.
13. Gregory House 
played by: Hugh Laurie
in: House
description: Sarcastic, emotionally cold and brilliant doctor who can diagnose the most complicated health issues of his patients, always without emotional invest in them or even a kind word. On contrary - he always insults them. He has the tendency of sabotaging his own life so he will never be happy. He is close friends with fellow doctor - James Wilson - and the scenes they have together are hilarious.
favorite quote: They've got a satellite aimed directly into Cuddy's vagina. I told them the chances of invasion are slim to none, but...
12. Richard Fish
played by: Greg German
in: Ally McBeal
description: Part owner of law firm Fish and Cage who only cares about money, women and success. He says the most misogynistic and insulting things and keep blurting out his little mottoes - fishisms. Despite finishing law school he knows nothing about the law (high five there!) and whenever he appears in the court he always tries to base his arguments on the constitution.
favorite quote: I apologize for Mr. Thomas's hostility. In as much as I constantly stress the need for civility, he continues to have these reactions to witch hunts, particularly when they are so blatant.
11. Tyrion Lannister
played by: Peter Dinklage
in: Game of Thrones
description: Out of three Lannister children he is the only unlucky one. His sister got beauty, his brother got skill and Tyrion was born a dwarf. But he makes up for it with his mind - his wit, charm, intellect and the ability to outsmart absolutely everyone that come in his way. Plus he is one of the very few honorable people in Game of Thrones universe, who also understands other people, shows them kindness, gives them advice and opens up his heart never letting his guard down.
favorite quote: Let me give you some advice, bastard: Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.

42 comments:

  1. I take it you are keeping all the Breaking Bad characters to populate the top 10... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Breaking Bad, but not enough to include them in top 20 :) But If I ever make a list of the most annoying tV chaacters Skyler White will definetly be number 1.

      Delete
  2. Sophie and Pam rocks. I also love Fez, up until the last season. I don't think he and Jackie fit at all and the storylines they created in that season was awful. In fact, that whole season sucked except for Kitty getting high and Bob finally cursing out Red.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked first few episodes of season 8 but then it was just unwatchable. Fez and Jackie don't make any sense. Thank God at least the last episode was good.

      Delete
  3. This reminds me of why I should watch more TV. I'm so glad that someone else loves Sophie Anne LeClerq! Every time she was on the show I'd always be super happy. She's awesome!

    (and Pam's quote...aha, I love Pam)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved her so much, I remember there was so much criticism for Wood after the first episode she appeared in it and I never got that - I think she did a wonderfully job and created really fun character.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I recently started watching the series and I love it so much!

      Delete
    2. I'm personally annoyed I have to wait another bloody year for the next season. Augh, I can't wait that long! (Still, best show I've seen in recent memory.)

      Delete
    3. I hate the pauses too, pretty much with every show the wait is unbearable. Good thing there are so many of great series there is always something to enjoy.

      Delete
  5. Never seen True Blood but I love that quote by Evan Rachel Wood.

    Of course House always has great quotes. His bromance with Wilson is great. I cracked up at a reference to the film Dead Poets Society in the finale episode seeing that Wilson/Robert Sean Leonard was in that movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. House is fantastic, his scenes with Wilson are always so funny - I loved the episode with the possum in the bath tub :)

      Delete
  6. WOAH I LOVE THIS! Pam <3 <3 Sophie-Anne <3 <3 Phoebe <3 <3 Tyrion <3 <3
    AND SHERLOCK!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are awesome aren't they? It was really easy putting the list together, there are so many grreat characters out there.

      Delete
  7. Wow this shows how truly behind I am on the world of TV. Phoebe and Sawyer are the only ones I've come across on this list but both great choices! Here's hoping I know a few more in Part 2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One more character from Friends will make an appearance :)

      Delete
  8. Nice to see Game of Thrones represented early. Now I'm curious if any more from that show will be making an appearance...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tyrion is kinda the best one ^^ Too soon to include more yet, maybe in two more seasons. Had I did the hottest list Jaime would be there for sure.

      Delete
  9. Tyrion Lannister at number 11, huh? Makes me wonder what's in store for us in the top ten! :D

    Pam cracks me up, she's one of my favorite true blodd characters too, Sati.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of great characters, that's what! :)

      Pam is always so funny. She is the only reason I kept watching the show in season 4.

      Delete
  10. Oh Tyrion, and Richard, and Sherlock, and Pam... what great choices, some of my favorites too! I'm loving the new Pam material, I appreciate the writers taking the time to give her some more depth. And House... the show was getting a bit old, but this last season was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope that depth won't end in killing her off, because if she dies and Tara lives I'm done with that circus :)

      Delete
  11. Yay for Tyrion and mad mad love for the Ally McBeal mention, hoping John Cage sneaks his way into the top (though there are obviously a ton of other worthy characters)!

    Also: Pam is way underused on True Blood. If it were up to me I'd kill off Sookie and center the show on Pam & Eric...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll be happy with the rest of the list which will appear on Saturday ^^ Ally has so many awesome characters - Ling, Nelle, Elaine, Larry, just a whole bunch of wuirkiness.

      That would be great, I hate Sookie.

      Delete
  12. Oooh this is such a cool idea for a list. Great choices here. Cannot wait to see who number 1 is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will be happy with my choice for number 1 :)

      Delete
  13. Haven't watch plenty of TV series you put, but I love Phoebe and Fez too. In Ally McBeal, I personally love John Cage, such a unique character!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cage is awesome :) It's not over for Ally in my list yet ^^

      Delete
  14. Win for Sherlock. That's one of my favorite shows and it is almost entirely because of his character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His fantastic and the chemistry he has with Watson is amazing.

      Delete
  15. Love your list and I can't wait to see your top 10, some of the people from the 11-20 positions would definitely be higher on my list (Sherlock, House and Tyrion)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all awesome but there are some characters I love even more, so those guys ended up in second 10 of the list :)

      Delete
  16. I didn't watch some of those shows. House was pretty much Sherlock Holmes (brilliant observer, socially awkward, drug dependent), especially in the early seasons (his address was even 221b). The current Sherlock show may be the best version of that character that I've seen.

    Without seeing your top 10 I don't know if "wheres this character?" questions are warranted yet. If you haven't watched the show, I'd suggest Buffy Summers from Buffy the Vampire Slayer as one of the great characters that's been on TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, plus Watson being his best friend :) I prefer RDJ in the role, just catches hedonistic aspect of his character better. But with solving crimes the mini series is superior.

      I tried watching Buffy but couldn't get through it. Too campy even for my taste.

      Delete
  17. HOUSE! I stopped watching after season four sadly :( But I used to be obsessed with it, and I love Hugh Laurie. It's funny watching him in A Bit of Fry and Laurie. He looks so dorky there, and now he's a sex symbol or something - high-larious stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is so funny in a Bit of Fry and Laurie. House kinda went downhillf ater season 4 but there was a handful good episodes after that still worth seeing.

      Delete
  18. What an awesome idea for a list! I only watched some episodes of LOST but that Sawyer, oooh la la! What a gorgeous man, and Josh is married to a woman from my home country!!

    And Sherlock, well of course, LOVE him! I also like Watson a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sawyer is so freakaing HOT! It was great seeing Holloway in a big movie like Mission Impossible - Ghost Protocol, I hope he makes more movies.

      Delete
    2. I wish he lasted more than 3 minutes in MI-4 but yeah, I do hope he made more movies too, sooo hunky ;)

      Delete
    3. Those were some awesome 3 minutes, though :)

      Delete
  19. Tyrion Lannister is one of THE most interesting characters on TV! All down to Peter Dinkladge's amazing performance.

    I miss Queen Sophie Anne from True Blood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, the way they offed her was so stupid I couldn't believe my eyes. Makes perfect sense it happened in crappy season 4.

      If I was ranking the characters from the shows that are still airing I'm sure he would be in top 10 :)

      Delete